Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2014, 13:06   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The 2014 Rain Forest Challenge @ Goa

Quote:
Originally Posted by matchless View Post
Hi,

Thanks! Its a good initiation, i have a small suggestion. The theory section will cover mostly of the topic and it can also be done on a Video conferencing or a Video that can be hosted in you tube and every one can view it.

Regards,
Mahendran.K
Hi Mahendran,

Video conferencing a good concept; brilliant rather.

If it was only a theory session, it could have been done this way, but we have to get him down to India for the training as well.

Now if i record and put this video up, it would be unfair to those RFC participants who have chipped in to fly Rob down to India.

I could probably do this after the RFC event but not before.
Old 18th February 2014, 15:19   #32
Team-BHP Support

RFC India site has updated the page with FAQ's. This is very useful for first time participants, infact the best approach would be to join in the Adventure category which will involve minimal cost and much lesser registration fee, gauge the event to prepare well for the coming years.

Experienced offroaders might not appreciate the same but would work well for a new joinee into the world of offroad and to an international competition.

http://rfcindia.in/assets/FAQs.pdf

Last edited by Jaggu : 18th February 2014 at 15:22.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2014, 15:28   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm wondering who is going to design the track. Are the Malaysia guys gonna come down and stay in India and do so or is Cougar hiring local offroaders for that?
Old 18th February 2014, 16:04   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
I'm wondering who is going to design the track. Are the Malaysia guys gonna come down and stay in India and do so or is Cougar hiring local offroaders for that?
They are in touch with local offroaders, they might ask them for support !

Shubhendra
Old 18th February 2014, 16:07   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubhendra View Post
They are in touch with local offroaders, they might ask them for support !

Shubhendra
So the Pune Pathfinders are designing the track? Or are supporting as marshals?
Old 18th February 2014, 16:23   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So the Pune Pathfinders are designing the track? Or are supporting as marshals?
I do not have clear details, but i believe that they WILL have to tie up with local offroaders for man power, knowledge of local terrain/weather, logistics support, marshaling, manage local law makers etc.

Shubhendra
Shubhendra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2014, 13:53   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Update on the training program. Rob is participating in the Croatia Trophy 2014 happening end of April to May. He can only come down to India on the weekend of 31st May - 1st June 2014 (Sat-Sun).

Interested guys kindly confirm here:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1423991381175006/
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2014, 11:48   #38
BHPian

Quote:
I totally agree with you Khan and share your sentiments.

I assume that like the standard chartered marathon they will rank the indian and international entries separately but on the same track.

I'm lecturing in HYD currently and have a dodgy internet connection. I have found a few grey areas in the rules sheet and will go through it in detail and raise those points later.

My interest in the RFC is to see how the RFC guys design the obstacles. I want to see how the international teams come prepared. I have had a long chat with my Croatia trophy friend about his experience and the first thing he tells me is that the co driver has to be fit and in supreme condition since he will be doing most of the back breaking work. That rules me out

Anyways, in the interest of the sport i do hope it works out and let's see how the first year pans out and then we can think of participation in the second round.

@Khan: during my telephonic talk with Mr. Ashish Gupta, i told him why would an indian participate without getting access to good offroad tyres and he knows the current scene in India. I said Indians would be left behind at the end of the lot if they are using the tyres available to us. He asked me what could be done and that's why i said having a separate winner from india could be helpful.

Now if an Indian manages to get hold of Simex, then what? Which category does he fall into? Lot of questions. I think RFC needs a representative here on teambhp to clarify a lot of doubts.
Hi Tejas,

My compliments for the information that you have provided and the coordination that you are doing with Cougar Motorsports. Splendid work.

It will be interesting to see how Indian teams prepare for the event considering that only 6 months are left. Finalizing sponsors, specs, executing the modifications, testing and trouble shooting. Its going to be crazy 6 months for those who would be participating.

I curious, are Simex tyres really a major differentiator? I know they are competition proven and preferred tyres among many off road enthusiasts worldwide, but are they really a prerequisite for a capable off road vehicle? Just wondering!

Cheers

Jaskirat
Old 25th February 2014, 12:05   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaskirat View Post
Hi Tejas,

My compliments for the information that you have provided and the coordination that you are doing with Cougar Motorsports. Splendid work.

It will be interesting to see how Indian teams prepare for the event considering that only 6 months are left. Finalizing sponsors, specs, executing the modifications, testing and trouble shooting. Its going to be crazy 6 months for those who would be participating.

I curious, are Simex tyres really a major differentiator? I know they are competition proven and preferred tyres among many off road enthusiasts worldwide, but are they really a prerequisite for a capable off road vehicle? Just wondering!

Cheers

Jaskirat
Thanks Jaskirat.

Just trying to help the best way i can.

For Indian teams we have made the training program just so that we can help train them.

The advantage of Simex is that they are aggressive with superb self cleaning ability and you don't need to air down. They give you the better performance at full pressure compared to what you would have achieved by airing down your regular MTs to 18psi. Thus, with aggressive performance, you do not loose valuable ground clearance and don't get scared about the tyre coming off the rim.

Last edited by Tejas@perioimpl : 25th February 2014 at 12:07.
Old 12th May 2014, 21:00   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Latest information on RFC India indicates that entry fee has been reduced to 75K for competitors & is 10K for adventure category (inclusive of service tax). Plus no fees for service teams.

I would say that for ~8 days of the event, a 10K fee as an adventure team to watch out from nearby is a VERY good deal. Who all from 4x4 community here plans to be in Goa at that time? We can have a 4x4 goa special week during that time. I will for sure be there with fellow BODA members from Bangalore for few days. This way it will give an idea of the event and will help immensely in next years participation.

PS: Also heard that cut chassis is now allowed in competitive class.
khan_sultan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th June 2014, 10:21   #41
BHPian

'My interest in the RFC is to see how the RFC guys design the obstacles'
Tejas Bhai, Have Faith in us, we WONT disappoint you,

'I think RFC needs a representative here on teambhp to clarify a lot of doubts.'
sorry to be late, but then all queries can be put up to either me, or Shibu, or Khan bhai.

"I'm wondering who is going to design the track. Are the Malaysia guys gonna come down and stay in India and do so or is Cougar hiring local offroaders for that?"
we Had a very experienced player Mr David Metcalfe, all the way from Australia, the pioneer of the winch challenge in Australia, who went along the shortlisted tracks in Goa, and has finalised the obstacles, and believe me they are real 'kickass' obstacles
Old 7th June 2014, 10:25   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Ashesh,

See the dates these queries were posted. We're well aware of the developments taking place via Facebook.

See you in goa soon.
Old 7th June 2014, 11:23   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Ashesh,

See the dates these queries were posted. We're well aware of the developments taking place via Facebook.

See you in goa soon.
Tejas Bhai, see you soon, and i have already apologised for being "late". was too busy in the RFC preparations,
Thanks and Regard
Old 28th June 2014, 16:57   #44
BHPian

RFC India

Hi Guys,
a small thread to ask fellow bhpians, about plans to attend the RC India in Goa
Old 30th June 2014, 08:18   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: RFC India

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemm550 View Post
Hi Guys,
a small thread to ask fellow bhpians, about plans to attend the RC India in Goa
Am sure quite a few bhpians will be attending this event -- just to see it.

I will be there along with Jaggu & Rajesh for sure. Look forward to the event.
khan_sultan is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks