Team-BHP - Mahindra Great Escape - Lonavla on 26th July, 2014
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Excursions (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-excursions/)
-   -   Mahindra Great Escape - Lonavla on 26th July, 2014 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-excursions/153409-mahindra-great-escape-lonavla-26th-july-2014-a-2.html)

Vinod - a quick question here.

The recommended fording depth of a Thar is just 12 inches of water.

The Air intake system is not sealed.

How is Mahindra designing a route where a Thar has to ford 4 ft of water. The vehicle is not designed for it. Some forded it is another story but what if an engine seizes ? Who pays for it ?

A Thar has just one year warranty. Why not 4 years extended warranty like my 4WD Scorpio VLX ? Mahindra clearly has doubts about its quality ?

My off road club NIOC wants me to participate in the Great Escape event scheduled for October 19 I guess. If there is no clash with the All India GV Mavlankar Shooting Championsips I might.

But on a route where even MM 550 with snorkel and a tube on the exaust raised till the roof of the vehicle result in engine seizure why should I do this foolish act of deliberately driving an uncabale vehicle into it ?

And with these stock OE tyres or any other MT tyre there is a near guarentee that the vehicle will be bogged down on the soft slippery mud bottom of a pond and will have to be winched out.

Similarly on a rocky terrain and ditches the side boards, low number plate and rear bumpers of the Thar are sure to be damaged. The catalytic converter and cltch pipe are also to be damaged likely.

SO what kind of a competion is this ? For people to damage their thars and cough up Rs. 200,000 to a Mahndra ASC where the parts will arrive after 20 days ?

If at all this kind of competitive stage should be for prepared vehicles only.

Dear Vinod and Naresh Bhosale "Saaheb" - Namaskaar! Paay Laagu! It is really nice to see MH01T8108 / MH02BT9571 and MH02BT4722, all three Kandivli vehicles in their natural element. I am taking the liberty of pasting a picture of MH02BT4722 taken on 21 December 2010. I have a special place in my heart for this vehicle. I drove it up there on that day! ENJOY! clap:.

Dear Shahidbhai - your comment - "if at all, this kind of competitive stage should be for prepared vehicles only" - obviously yes, the whole concept of this vehicle is to make customers prepare the vehicles suitable for particular applications. The platform lends itself to this activity perfectly. If somebody comes with a standard vehicle, he's asking for trouble and will he is bound to recieve trouble in a big way! I am able to tell you this with full confidence because "a certain black vehicle" decimated every single obstacle in 2010 because it was perfectly prepared for a very special application and used accordingly. The thread is still there in this section, you can go through it Sir! :).

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar

Then what is all this talk about negative points for prepared vehicles and MT tyres ?

How is the air intake and electricals sealed perfectly for a Thar ?

What is done to stop the water wading into the passenger cabin from the engnine bay and the doors ?

Who makes a drive shaft in India to accomodate extra travel through a 2 inch lift kit ?