Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2016, 11:30   #61
Team-BHP Support

Re: Off-roading with the Isuzu D-Max V-Cross 4x4

Quote:
Any updates on your delivery date? I'l be visiting the dealership today to get an idea. I believe they have delivered a few vehicles already. Did you get the AVIC 8200 NEX?
I am in Canada for a while and will return by the end of this month. They got my black one but delivered to someone else on my consent & will have another one for me by the time I return back. AVIC 8200 is on back order and should be with me by the end of next week .

Did you got a chance to visit them and see the size of speakers for front & the rear ?

Quote:
A Fortuner felt thousands of miles ahead in ride quality/bounciness as compared to the DMAX from the word go, same road, same everything and a Fortuner is known for its bouncy vehicle. My parents nearly had a headache sitting in the DMax on the same road
It will be due to a combination of factors - Rear springs on Dmax as against coils on Fortuner, overall space in Fortuner especially space behind the rear seat.
I will not recommend this truck to anyone who wants to have 4/5 Adults traveling most of the time. This can be a second or third vehicle not primarily one for the family with parents.

Last edited by Turbanator : 13th July 2016 at 11:50.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2016, 21:13   #62
BHPian

Did you got a chance to visit them and see the size of speakers for front & the rear ?

Went and spent an hour at the dealership today.

Speakers

Front Speaker - Oval - center diameter is 9"
Rear Speaker - Round - diameter 6"

Isuzu Stereo unit dimensions

21.5cms width on top
20 cms width at the bottom
Touchscreen diaognal measurement 17.4cms

Console panel measurements

Upper - 27cms ( above the hazard switch)
Bottom - 21cms
Height -23cms
(top to bottom)

*measurements taken by Isuzu dealer

Whilst at the dealership saw 3 silvers and 1 brown Dmax being readied for delivery. Somewhow the beige that really turned me off initially didn't seem bad at all today, but that's a strictly personal perspective.The service manager took me around all the vehicles and ensured all my queries were addressed patiently to my satisfaction. Full marks for striving to ensure customer satisfaction @ Krishna Motors, Chandigarh.

Of the vehciles I inspected,

1. One had the bootlid affixed to it. The interesting thing was the bedliners for the bootlid version and the open version were completely different. The look and feel was similar but on closer inspection I observed that the bootlid version had tightly packed grooves and two odd hooks near the tailgate. These were of the type that one sees on old style "kundas" on home doors of yesteryear. Not impressive. And I fail to see how bags can be secured with it under the bootlid.

2. The non bootlid version had a bedliner with spaced out grooves (will be a pain to get the muck out) but on the positive side had four rathchet line friendly hooks in four corners of the truck in special grooves for the purpose. I imagine it will be far easier to secure bags/cargo/luggage with good ratchet lines.However, this bedliner also covered the three top sides of the deck. The bootlid version didnt have this to enable the boot to shut. So if someone gets the non-bootlid version bedliner and later decides to get the bootlid, these top sides of the bedliner will have to be cut. Don't know what effect that will have on the overall integrity of the bedliner.

3. I had some enquiries about truck bed tents and the customer relations manager at Krishna Auto put me through a senior functionary at Isuzu Motors. I asked him why there was no advertising for the product on print/electronic media. He informed me at the moment Isuzu is only manufacturing 350 Vcrosses on a monthly basis so spending big bucks on advertising doesn't make sense and they would rather cater to passing the savings onto the consumer.Once they scale up production, depending upon response, they will advertise.

4. Saw a silver Vcross with the front grille blackened and the "Isuzu) done in red. Was informed that would cost an extra 9k. Myst admit I liked it.

5. Yokohama Geolandar ATs 275-70-R16 will be available as un upgrade. The dealership will offer the same on buyback basis and the difference to be paid is Rs 26K.

6. I was told by someone at Krishna that they will be offering a Blaupunkt navigation enabled system in a couple of months. However, this was categorically debunked by the Isuzu Motors person I spoke with.

7. Liked the fibre glass roll bar with the bootlid and would like to get that minus the bootlid as the bootlid and the roll bar are two different pieces of kit. However, was informed it cannot be purchased separately at the dealership, but the SA will still cross-check and update.

8. The sliding deck cover maybe made available at a later date but not in the immediate future.

9. Installing ARB air lockers will not void the warranty in any manner. Confirmed from the Isuzu Auto person I spoke to.

Unfortunately, my phone battery had conked off and I wasn't able to take pictures today. However, these four vehicles (with different levels of accessorisation) will be ready for delivery on Saturday and I'll try & go take some pictures then for posting here.
mani is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th July 2016, 11:08   #63
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
There's a lot of stuff coming via Isuzu dealerships very soon..that should take care of warranty part as well and should be competitive , I can't write more here for the time being.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohanaj View Post
Comments
we would consider these or other relevant features of similar purpose, for future versions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
This thread is being watched. Trust me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mani View Post

5. Yokohama Geolandar ATs 275-70-R16 will be available as un upgrade. The dealership will offer the same on buyback basis and the difference to be paid is Rs 26K.

9. Installing ARB air lockers will not void the warranty in any manner. Confirmed from the Isuzu Auto person I spoke to.
So far so good !

Looks like the people at Isuzu have realized that by not offering the BTCS/LSD option in Indian version of V-cross, they cannot take the Indian customer for granted. Hence these positive developments are happening.

Addons from Carryboy and ARB will exclusively enhance the vehicle's character & performance.
TurboDiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2016, 18:12   #64
BHPian

Quote:
I am in Canada for a while and will return by the end of this month. They got my black one but delivered to someone else on my consent & will have another one for me by the time I return back. AVIC 8200 is on back order and should be with
Got a call from Isuzu sales chap at Krishna saying that they'll be offering the Blaupunkt cape town 940 Android HU (rear camera support) as an accessory from next week. The dealership will install the system at their workshop before delivery. They're installing one on Tuesday, I've been invited to go check it out. This is a local Chandigarh dealership initiative. Will check it out before I take a call on Kenwood/Pioneer. Saw the Geolandar ATs installed on a delivery ready vehicle. Looked good.
mani is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2016, 15:21   #65
BHPian

Looks like reviews have started to come out

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-rev...ve-402556.aspx
TwistedFaith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2016, 07:35   #66
BHPian

Quote:
they got my black one but delivered to someone else on my consent & will have another one for me by the time I return back
Little worrying piece of news:

I was browsing through the Isuzu dmax Facebook page a couple of days ago and came across a chap in Chandigarh who's dmax had been delivered a week ago, so i pinged to ask him about his ownership experience.

To my horror, he replied this morning that his Vcross had been taken to the dealership as it wasn't starting. The vehicle was there all day yesterday (and continues to be as of now). The dealership service staff despite being on the phone with Isuzu were unable to diagnose and repair the fault. As of now, the vehicle is still a non starter.Sadly, it was delivered to him just 7 days ago.

An early diagnosis is that most likely water has seeped into the ECU and that's preventing the vehicle from starting. Isn't this vehicle supposed to have wading and river crossing capabilities? This was my question to him and coincidentally also his (unanswered) question to the service staff at the dealership.

One reason I opted for the Isuzu despite it offering far less bells and whistles in comparison to the XUV was the constant reports of electronic niggles reported by several XUV500 owners. I imagined Isuzu with it's 100 year pedigree and huge success of this vehicle in international markets would be far removed from any such problems.

It's probably too early to say whether this is a one off problem or a pattern. Whether it's an India specific problem or similar problems have been reported in the Thailand manufactured versions too. However, it's a problem worth keeping tabs on and seeking clarifications from Isuzu especially if any Bhpian is facing the same/similar starting problem.

This person (who isn't a Bhpian) has agreed to be on a (temporary) WhatsApp group to update Bhpians of the problem with his Vcross and subsequent solution(s) by Isuzu. Any Bhpian who has booked or received delivery of his Vcross and is interested to be on the group can pm me his/her number and I'll add them onto the group.

I'll also be shooting a query to the local Chandigarh dealership today.

ps- request the mods to allow me to post this on the other Vcross forum as well to make other members aware of this problem with a new Vcross. Thank you.
mani is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th July 2016, 08:09   #67
Team-BHP Support

Due to change of my plans, I had to prepone my return to India. NEX-8200 was still in transit so I made a choice to pick NEX-4200 which is from 2016 line-up with Apple Car Play & Google Auto just without Navigation which I was not keen given the fact that I am comfortable with Google maps and can mirror same

Here's what all I picked for the truck -
4200NEX - 660 CAD
JL -C2650X - 131 CAD
JL-C2690X - 164 CAD
Amplifier Kit - Stinger - 4AWG - 80 CAD
Dynamat - 4 Door Xtreme Kit - 82 CAD
MRVF300 - Alpine - 182 CAD
Total - 1363 CAD with GST
Don't know if prices here are cheaper or If I picked correct stuff in a hurry.

Quote:
he replied this morning that his Vcross had been taken to the dealership as it wasn't starting
I think it will be too early to comment on reasons or worry due to this incident , we have a couple of Isuzu Pickup's which we are using regularly and till date absolutely no issues whatsoever. Most of the stuff for these is still being sourced from Thailand including the engine which comes in assembled condition presently. I will also check with concerned at dealership and update here.

Last edited by Turbanator : 19th July 2016 at 08:18.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2016, 10:23   #68
BHPian

Had an update a little while ago from Amit (owner of the Vcross mentioned by me in the aforementioned post). The dealership has been unable to diagnose the problem hence an Isuzu engineer shall be visiting Krishna Motors tomorrow to diagnose and rectify the issue. Let's hope the efficiency of Krishna in escalating the issue to company level is well founded and a fix is available to the owner at the earliest.
Old 19th July 2016, 11:18   #69
BHPian

UPDATE from Krishna Motors (Verbatim)

1. 930am

"Sir,
I am in touch with the technical team and trying to understand the topic. Will revert once information is validated by them."

2. 1030am

"Sir,
this customer has got some after market fitment done in a very crude manner in which he has cut some couplers which are used to prevent water ingress. This has caused water entry into the ECU and has caused the fault. The final conclusion shall be made by the IMI technical team."

I don't know about other dealerships but thus far dealing with Krishna Motors has been a joy. I recall someone here mentioning they were unhappy with their dealership (Isuzu Trident Bangalore)

The manager's first instinct wasn't to plead ignorance or deniability. To the contrary, he accepted a problem with the vehicle & got back to me within an hour with the latest update.
Further, I've just had a call from the service head of Krishna Isuzu who explained the entire problem to me, the cause and their approach in rectifying it in conjunction with Isuzu Motors.

I'll be in touch with the owner to get his perspective on the issue as well. Should this be the root cause of the problem,I believe this underlines the necessity of ensuring aftermarket fitments are carried out by knowledgeable professionals only & not just by any seller who offers a competitive price on a fitment.
mani is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th July 2016, 12:33   #70
BHPian

Quote:
UPDATE from Krishna Motors (Verbatim)
I don't know about other dealerships but thus far dealing with Krishna Motors has been a joy. I recall someone here mentioning they were unhappy with their dealership (Isuzu Trident Bangalore)
That would be me.

I want to clarify though that after I posted here and someone else replied that this thread is being watched closely by Isuzu... I can see a difference in how they are reacting on Facebook as well as at the dealer.

The dealer stopped giving all wrong information and gave the same information shared here after the discussion on this thread.

The sales exec remains elusive at the best of times but I suspect that is because he has no real answers to my questions regarding the vehicle as well as regarding delivery at this point... so I would not rate Trident Isuzu poorly at this point.

On a separate note, I am unable to find any option to send you a PM @Mani. How do I join the whatsapp group? I am expecting delivery of my black V-Cross in the first week of August in Bangalore. Please add me to the group.
Old 19th July 2016, 15:02   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Little worrying piece of news:
Thanks Mani for bringing this info. If I understand correctly, this is not exactly an issue with v-cross as I initially though when started read this news. Hope this is rectified by Isuzu soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedFaith View Post
On a separate note, I am unable to find any option to send you a PM @Mani. How do I join the whatsapp group? I am expecting delivery of my black V-Cross in the first week of August in Bangalore. Please add me to the group.
When did you make the booking. I did book on 25th June and was told to expect delivery in October. Do you get any updates from the dealership?

I am also interested to join the group.
Old 19th July 2016, 16:11   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Mani for bringing this info. If I understand correctly, this is not exactly an issue with v-cross as I initially though when started read this news. Hope this is rectified by Isuzu soon.

When did you make the booking. I did book on 25th June and was told to expect delivery in October. Do you get any updates from the dealership?
No it's not an issue with Vcross as I understand. The unprofessional people who installed the ICE in Chandigarh inadvertently cut the couplers which caused an ingress of water into the ECU which in turn has caused this problem.

I booked it on 16th June and I was told to expect delivery in end of August. However, I've been told if I want it earlier they maybe able to accommodate me as I've booked a silver colour. Yes, I'm constantly updated by the dealership. No complaints at all so far on the exceptional level of customer service provided to me by Krishna Motors, Chandigarh.
mani is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2016, 19:18   #73
BHPian

Quote:
When did you make the booking. I did book on 25th June and was told to expect delivery in October. Do you get any updates from the dealership
I don't remember the exact booking date but it was around the same time as you. I was also told to expect delivery in the 1st week of October.

Last week when I spoke to the Manager at Trident he mentioned August end delivery so I may get it sooner. Not 100% sure when they will actually deliver.

I get absolutely no updates from the dealership - this is in spite of calling them at least 5-6 times only to be told that the concerned person is out on a tea break or out with a customer. Have left requests for a callback but that is yet to happen.

When I get frustrated enough I go over to the Showroom (25 km away in the middle of the worst traffic Bangalore has to offer - lol) and then I get new news.

@Mani & Bordeaux: Yes - it would appear that we need to cross 25 posts before additional features become available on the forum. I think it is a bit like the first servicing - hahaha
Old 19th July 2016, 21:09   #74
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The manager's first instinct wasn't to plead ignorance or deniability. To the contrary, he accepted a problem with the vehicle & got back to me within an hour with the latest update.
Further, I've just had a call from the service head of Krishna Isuzu who explained the entire problem to me, the cause and their approach in rectifying it in conjunction with Isuzu Motors.
Yes , this is what they told me as well at noon. Mr. Aman who is now looking after service for Krishan - ISUZU used to handle BMW customers and always used to get 5 Star feedback - he is a gem of a person,very polite and understanding.

There's water ingress in ECU and other components which are behind dashboard, They can't change ECU till all damaged components are identified.

Last edited by Turbanator : 19th July 2016 at 21:26.
Old 19th July 2016, 22:31   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedFaith View Post
I don't remember the exact booking date but it was around the same time as you. I was also told to expect delivery in the 1st week of October.

Last week when I spoke to the Manager at Trident he mentioned August end delivery so I may get it sooner. Not 100% sure when they will actually deliver.

I get absolutely no updates from the dealership - this is in spite of calling them at least 5-6 times only to be told that the concerned person is out on a tea break or out with a customer. Have left requests for a callback but that is yet to happen.

When I get frustrated enough I go over to the Showroom (25 km away in the middle of the worst traffic Bangalore has to offer - lol) and then I get new news.
My booking receipt says 851 (next to my name) not sure if it is reflecting booking ID (or waiting number), I need to check with the dealer.

I am yet to call them for an update but no response to email and no updates over email. Will feel good if they keep us in the loop with the updates (atleast like price change, accessories list, change in delivery status, news about v-cross etc)

Same as for you showroom is about 27kms far for me.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed