Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2016, 13:15   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Delhi NCR / Gurgaon Offroad Meets

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
This New Gen Scorpio and Morengo are a generation apart, and many things have changed, some for good, some for bad.
I guess they focussed on making it better on road.

Quote:
Also Morengo has MLD, that solves the biggest problem that arises due to lack of articulation and open diffs. The Eaton MLD is not compatible with new Scorpio, so no upgrade option now.
Ah yes, the MLD. I wonder if that would have helped the Scorpio climb the sandy inclines better. In fact from the videos it appears, XUV managed to climb it better than Scorpio.

Quote:
Then Suspension in New Scorpio has been changed front and rear, no more torsion bar in front and rear has different axle and lesser travel and articulation(I believe, yet to compare both gens back to back) that has improved the on road dynamics but Off road performance has gone down.
Basically they have turned it into a soft roader now. This thread has turned my opinion around about the new gen Scorpio 4WD. From the looks of it, I guess it is better to go for XUV AWD or even the Duster AWD. Wish there was a Storme too in the group. Would have made for a great comparo.
Dry Ice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2016, 14:00   #17
Senior - BHPian

Thats great news guys. I would LOVE to be a part of it. Though i dont own 4WD but have 2WD XUV, i would to learn the basics of offroading and later on would like to pick up used Thar. Till that day comes, i can be the Water-Guy

Please do share info for the next meet.
nitinralli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2016, 14:06   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Heart say Isuzu Dmax and head says Innova Crysta. If I do end up buying the Dmax Vcross, hope to join you on your Offroading meets! Though the Vcross is handicapped due to its huge length!
Whether you get the VCross or the Crysta, should depend on how many times you used the Yeti, to it's full capability.

That said, after the recent price cut, why not throw the potent Endy into the mix?
roy_libran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2016, 14:17   #19
BANNED

Great guys after so many months. I will be hooked to the thread for now.
jacksons is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2016, 14:17   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Thats great news guys. I would LOVE to be a part of it. Though i dont own 4WD but have 2WD XUV, i would to learn the basics of offroading and later on would like to pick up used Thar. Till that day comes, i can be the Water-Guy

Please do share info for the next meet.
Will do Nitin, I have your phone number as well, so will let you know when/where are we meeting next. And we can enjoy the sweet ICE in your XUV... haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Let's meet up soon again - let me know when you plan your next meet!
Ping me through TBHP (I am not on the whatsapp group, as there was too much sensitive stuff and my phone is always in my kids hands!)
Behemoth sir, we would love to have you back on our next meet, have been ages since we met last time.

And I agree with Roy since we actually put this thought in our WhatsApp group yesterday about your potential next ride, please do consider the Ford Endeavour 2.2L 4x4 MT if you are considering Innova Crysta. This varient of Endy IMO is a steal (at 23.78L Ex Showroom Gurgoan) and is in a class apart when compared to V-Cross and Crysta.

We already have your phone number handy, so can let you know easily when we meet next time and you are most welcome to try out my Fortuner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksons View Post
Great guys after so many months. I will be hooked the thread for now.
Jackson saab, been a really long time! Too good to hear from you. Will love to have you in our next meet again.

Last edited by Ace F355 : 27th September 2016 at 14:28. Reason: Additional Quotes
Ace F355 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2016, 14:21   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
now the classic head vs heart battle is going on for the new car.
Heart say Isuzu Dmax and head says Innova Crysta. If I do end up buying the Dmax Vcross, hope to join you on your Offroading meets! Though the Vcross is handicapped due to its huge length!
Don't buy Isuzu if this is going to be your first or even second drive unless you are a farmer or a contractor. I can recommend Isuzu only if you own multiple cars already. Of course, there will be many exceptions picking Isuzu as a primary vehicle after convincing selves on multiple usage options but many of those if given a second choice after couple of months will not go back to Isuzu.

As pointed by Ace 535 if you can increase your budget, Endeavour will be the best option after price cut.
Turbanator is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th September 2016, 14:47   #22
BHPian

Kindly inform me also for these meets, I don't have any 4X4 so I will participate & look forward to meet all the BHPians for the 1st time .
My vehicle : S cross 1.6
Thanks
Old 27th September 2016, 14:47   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post

Don't buy Isuzu if this is going to be your first or even second drive unless you are a farmer or a contractor. I can recommend Isuzu only if you own multiple cars already. Of course, there will be many exceptions picking Isuzu as a primary vehicle after convincing selves on multiple usage options but many of those if given a second choice after couple of months will not go back to Isuzu.

As pointed by Ace 535 if you can increase your budget, Endeavour will be the best option after price cut.
Thanks for your honest feedback Turbanator, and coming from a new Isuzu owner, it means a lot. We would love to see a detailed ownership review from you and your personal experience with the vehicle and sales / service network!

We are considering the Endy too and the new price cut has definitely made it mouth watering, but our budget on road is 18-19 and even after the price cut the Endy lands at almost 25+ on road and every penny we save matters! In terms of inside space, we found the Endy a bit cramped and has less space than the Innova Crysta.
Frankly we aspire to own a 4x4 and actually never end up using it! In the past almost 6 years of Yeti ownership, we have actually not utilised its capabilities even once (barring the everyday grind of Gurgaon's broken roads) or the occasional steep hill climb on one of our Hill station journeys.

The Hexa is another option we are waiting for - the final decision will be taken in first week of October!

Sorry for the OT comments guys! Hope to join you soon in your next Offroad adventure!
Old 27th September 2016, 16:11   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100BHP View Post
Kindly inform me also for these meets
Will surely do!

Meanwhile, posting a few more videos from our earlier meets! Enjoy!

Ace F355 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2016, 16:40   #25
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post

Thank you Vinod sir. Will do. I hope your X1 is going strong, there are a couple of soft-roader trails which even X1 can enjoy!
Thanks Rohit. Well X1 is performing well enjoying to the fullest. I also picked a Santa Fe 4WD. It has been to most of the trails at Bandhwari n Manesar
v&v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2016, 17:00   #26
BHPian

I am currently waiting to take delivery of my Endeavour (that too in black colour ) and seeing another one in action just gave me goosebumps.

Would love to join in for future meets. And even if something is planned before I get my car, which is about 15-20 days away, I would love to join in and just observe things. Please keep me posted. Thanks.
SHANKY11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2016, 18:40   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

One more Video to break the Scorpio's Jinx

.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2016, 20:33   #28
Senior - BHPian

Not sure if I can even think of offroading having a City i-VTEC , would anyhow love to join for the offroad adventures with BHPians!

Last edited by bluevolt : 27th September 2016 at 20:43.
Old 27th September 2016, 22:03   #29

Great news guys. I would definitely like to be part of it, though I too don’t own 4WD but have 2WD XUV and would love to learn some offroading basics from you all. Kindly let me know whenever you guys are planning next.
Old 27th September 2016, 22:57   #30
BHPian

Wow, nice. I'd love to join you guys next time for sure.
I have a 2wd Safari Storme. Remaped to 165bhp.42nm torque.

Most Viewed