Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2018, 17:59   #16
BHPian

Re: Land Rover's Above & Beyond Tour @ Aamby Valley

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Wow you guys are absolutely nuts and I say this with great admiration. Whatever possessed you to attempt to reach the event destination on an Activa?

The ride to the event must have been more "Above and Beyond" than the drive at the event.

Since there were 2 of you, one of which was not driving, I guess you were permitted to film while in the car.

Thanks for sharing the pictures and video (and your version) they surely add another dimension to my report.

Kudos again to your enthusiasm.
Thank you Navin Sir!

Well the only vehicle that we had available with us that day was the Activa! So that was it

And yes, the ride to the event was more adventurous but really really painful when you are 2 up on a 110cc scooter with that age old suspension! While returning at every stop we couldn't feel our legs and some body parts used to go numb!

The feeling of sitting on a soft bed at home was "heavenly"!

Would we do it again? May be...but not 2 persons on one scooter definitely.

OT: Even the Jaguar performance drive was made possible via that person for whom we have utmost respect since even though we are not prospective customers of JLR he invites us for such events just because of our interest in them.
RavSam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2018, 15:15   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavSam View Post
Your wish is my command bro!
If someone has time to spare please read on our version of the event!
We didn't have a car with us so we set out on the Honda Activa! The LR Above and Beyond Tour was true to its name for us!
First things first; You guys are nuts & huge thanks for gorgeous photos of the Classic.
Even in my (not so) wild thoughts, I can imagine going to Amby Valley on an Activa and that even for a JLR event. I felt bad for Navin, when he mentioned about being picked-up in an Etios but you guys took it to entire different level. KUDOS is all I can say.

Regards-Sonu
Old 13th November 2018, 10:43   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
First things first; You guys are nuts & huge thanks for gorgeous photos of the Classic.
Even in my.... you guys took it to entire different level. KUDOS is all I can say.

Regards-Sonu
Thank you brother!

The old Mumbai-Pune highway is buttery smooth to ride on even with the Activa, it is just the other roads except that highway which really (and i mean REALLY) are bone crushing!

We wish we were as lucky as Navin Sir to have been "pampered" with Etios!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks