Team-BHP - Kolkata BHPians go offroading : An endless tale of experiences
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Excursions (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-excursions/)
-   -   Kolkata BHPians go offroading : An endless tale of experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-excursions/212033-kolkata-bhpians-go-offroading-endless-tale-experiences-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl (Post 4639722)
I'll click pics of my pajero tomorrow.

The pajero has two points at the back and front on either side. So if badly stuck, use two straps.

Its similar for 4WD Scorpios. I too was using the visible point [in the midst of the bumper], but that is actually for trailer towing.

For recovery, you have point below [in case of Scorpio to the left]. It was pointed out by navpreet318 and by 1100D IIRC.

Appears Biswadeep's Scorpio has the towing removed to accommodate the rear crash-guard.

Its nice to see you guys having fun. No AWD's XUV this time?

It was a lovely experience with fellows bhpians and their toys. A day declared as RECOVERY DAY!

Sharing a short video of the entire event

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTIUg6SIVSE

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheel (Post 4640611)
Its similar for 4WD Scorpios. I too was using the visible point [in the midst of the bumper], but that is actually for trailer towing. For recovery, you have point below [in case of Scorpio to the left]. It was pointed out by navpreet318 and by 1100D IIRC.

Many people who own the SUVs are/ were unaware of this. Good that it was brought to light and we get to learn for the next time onwards.

However, what was strange to note was that their was no provision for the same in the rear end of the V-Cross. I thought only my Endeavour lacked that :Frustrati

Quote:

Appears Biswadeep's Scorpio has the towing removed to accommodate the rear crash-guard.

Biswadeep's tried to pull the Scorpio out by making rigorous attempts. The tow hook in the front was the best option to pull him out. Not sure about the mounting of the Crash Guard though.

Quote:

Its nice to see you guys having fun. No AWD's XUV this time?

There were 2 Dusters and an XUV500 AWD there. But seeing the way the Scorpio and the Thars had to be recovered from that ditch using the Scorpio and the Endeavour in line, getting the AWDs to play on that ground would have been suicidal. Although their recovery would have been much easier considering their weights. May be next time !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovecars21 (Post 4640796)
It was a lovely experience with fellows bhpians and their toys. A day declared as RECOVERY DAY!

Sharing a short video of the entire event

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTIUg6SIVSE

Lovely compilation of events !! It was indeed a recovery day and we got to learn so much out of it. Luckily we have adequate tow straps and winches to ease the struggle or else it would have been a tough task.

I too learn about the tow points once I shared that video.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJ-got-BHP (Post 4640811)

Biswadeep's tried to pull the Scorpio out by making rigorous attempts. The tow hook in the front was the best option to pull him out. Not sure about the mounting of the Crash Guard though..

Tow hook in front of the Scorpio or V-Cross? Scorpio has at both ends.

I am sure in our forum, there would have been a discussion on the lack of a rear tow point and a solution for it. I will try to get Mod Anshuman's attention here, he too has a V-Cross, he too might have done something about it.

More momentum for that incline might have helped. 3rd 4L.

EDIT: At 1:21 correct tow point is used to recover for a Scorpio.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheel (Post 4640876)
Tow hook in front of the Scorpio or V-Cross? Scorpio has at both ends.

I am sure in our forum, there would have been a discussion on the lack of a rear tow point and a solution for it. I will try to get Mod Anshuman's attention here, he too has a V-Cross, he too might have done something about it.

More momentum for that incline might have helped. 3rd 4L.

I meant tow hook on the rear of the V-Cross and the Endeavour which was sorely missed. A solution for that will be really helpful.

3rd on 4L also did not help as the soil underneath was soaked with overnight rains and was sliding off and making the track deeper with multiple attempts.

Both Thars which got stuck had winches on them and the only option we were left with to recover them was to hook the Scorpio to the Thar's Winch and simultaneously strap up the Endy to the Scorpio (as the Thar was in turn pulling the Scorpio down instead of making it's way up) and let the Thar winch up on it's own with some occasional pulls by the Endy as and when required.

Stock V Cross has no towing point at the rear! A glaring oversight if you ask me.

More points from the last video:

For heavens sake take a winching workshop!

Everything I saw was a disaster and people could have been killed or maimed.

Winch cables need a winch blanket, the amount of rope spooled out was too less, the people are standing in the kill zone, the anchor vehicle cannot be moving along with the vehicle being winched, etc etc

Please, safety first!

Here is the pic of the two points below in the Pajero at the rear.

Kolkata BHPians go offroading : An endless tale of experiences-img_9842.jpg