Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2020, 18:11   #16
BHPian

Re: Dirty Drivez - Offroad track in Bangalore

This should seriously come up in Hyderabad also. All 4X4 enthusiasts will be waiting.

This is for sure one of the most oddly satisfying videos to watch.

Thanks for sharing
Old 24th August 2020, 19:52   #17
BHPian

Not just Offroad track, I still cant believe we bangalorians dont have Race track and Drag strip in bangalore available to public 365days a year.
For now we depend on tamilnadu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicor View Post
Some of the obstacles are not for the faint hearteds. I absolutely loved it. Amazing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkumarblore View Post
That's a super cool place. Can be some kind of school for learning basics of off-roading. I shall visit once for sure.
RFC track was still more difficult and cant be completed without a winch. To attempt this your vehicle should be armed to teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBeast View Post
I very much liked the water wadding and then car crushing one's (was that an etios :P )
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Its 3k for all obstacle or for each obstacle ? Bit confusing as you later statement contradicts the 1st sentence.
I mean max they can charge you is 3k which includes all the obstacles including jeep, with our own jeep its 2.5k.
Suppose if you are a veteran you can skip basic obstacles and save money. Each obstacle has price you can talk to them directly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
How much time does the complete drive take ?
Depends on your skills and you also need a good spotter. I finished it within an hour. One of my friend was scared to death while attempting parabolic curve, he actually crashed and quit.

There is one more offroad track inside a resort near manchanabele dam. Will go next month and post the details.

Last edited by brraj : 24th August 2020 at 20:11.
brraj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 23:30   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj View Post

I like the idea of having offroad track open 365days a year for public.
For individuals who wants to test their offroad skills and jeeps ability options were very less, Either he has to wait for BODA event which is yearly once or go to other states to attend events. This is good initiative by the team.

The whole track was done in 4x4 low.
Excellent opportunity to get a glimpse of off road experience. I hope marshals are flexible enough to encourage the new riders and provide enough time for clearing obstacles. And the price seems to be normal.

Terra tigers have been organizing regular off road events (not competition) in Chennai for quite sometime. It is a full day event along the banks of palar river. All kind of terrains are available, sand, slush, water and rock. I used to accompany Captain Rex in his Thar. It is a fantastic experience.
Cruiser_D is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 01:39   #19
BHPian

Absolutely loved the photos and videos.

I have never experienced an organised offroading like this. That raw sound from the Jeep was so much satisfying . Brought back old memories when there were not much modern cars, and such engine sounds were common. Loved the way Jeep was dancing on the rocks

3k seems reasonable for a proper guided offroading (that too in a Jeep) with so many varying types of obstacles.

How long does it take to complete it?

After seeing this Jeep, even a Thar looks modern!
Old 25th August 2020, 12:55   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiser_D View Post
Terra tigers have been organizing regular off road events (not competition) in Chennai for quite sometime. It is a full day event along the banks of palar river. All kind of terrains are available, sand, slush, water and rock. I used to accompany Captain Rex in his Thar. It is a fantastic experience.
You guys are lucky to have Terra tigers, Hope some veteran in bangalore (at least once in a month) does this here as well for the public.
People are ready to pay to experience different terrains, landscapes etc..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynameis View Post
How long does it take to complete it?
Check my #17 post.
Old 25th August 2020, 15:56   #21
BHPian

Quote:
While checking facebook posts saw Dirty drivez ad mentioning about off road track near Bangalore.
Thank you for this very useful information. I bought a Gypsy, but have yet to hone my off-roading skills and this seems to be a great place to do it.

I was fearful of trying any trails on my own, in case of any mishaps or if I get stuck somewhere. This controlled environment should be a good place to start.
Old 25th August 2020, 23:57   #22
BHPian

Quote:
You guys are lucky to have Terra tigers, Hope some veteran in bangalore (at least once in a month) does this here as well for the public.
People are ready to pay to experience different terrains, landscapes etc..

Sharing few threads on the events conducted by Terra Tigers.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-e...pc-2019-a.html (Pics & Report: The Palar Offroad Challenge (TPC 2019))

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-e...s-chennai.html (Pics & Report: Terra Tiger's Offroad Excursions, Chennai)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-e...s-chennai.html (2018 SUV Offroad Excursions in Chennai)

The marshals are very professional and organized, inspires lot of confidence even for the inexperienced drivers like me. I developed the passion for going off roads and even started thinking of owning a 4x4. Next Gen Thar is knocking on the doors!
Cruiser_D is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2020, 08:53   #23
BHPian

Quote:

I mean max they can charge you is 3k which includes all the obstacles including jeep, with our own jeep its 2.5k.
Suppose if you are a veteran you can skip basic obstacles and save money. Each obstacle has price you can talk to them directly.
Thanks for clarification. That is definitely lip smacking price for the facilities they are offering.
Will they be providing guidance/training to newbies in off-roading?
Old 28th August 2020, 07:58   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmind View Post
Will they be providing guidance/training to newbies in off-roading?
Yes, they will guide you and spot aswell till you complete all the obstacles.
brraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2020, 11:51   #25
BHPian

They have announced offroad event on September 19th.

Dirty Drivez - Offroad track in Bangalore-event1.jpg

Dirty Drivez - Offroad track in Bangalore-event.jpg
Old 5th October 2020, 10:20   #26
BHPian

2.5k for your own Jeep seems exorbitantly high! I hope the track is at least long enough to warrant that price because it would be nice to be able to spend a full day with the family there rather than finish the whole thing in 15 minutes.

Would love a TBHP meetup organized there for all of us offroad enthusiasts!
Old 11th October 2020, 16:01   #27
BHPian

Went to the Dirty Drives facility this weekend. Mahindra was having an event to show off the 2020 Thar off road capabilities.
I couldn't drive my Endevour on any obstacle, firstly being advised that the front and rear bumpers need to be taken off along with the footrest, and secondly, they had the 2020 Thar!

The Thar was the AX model, and open for public to drive on the obstacles.
During the drive ( in 4x4 low), at no time did the Thar feel uncomfortable. A great car for off roading!

The obstacles are pretty well drawn out, but only meant for short chassis vehicles.

Check out the videos below

Old 21st October 2021, 16:21   #28
BHPian

Looks very exciting. I will contact them soon. Do you have any idea if they allow our vehicles apart from the vehicles mentioned about? I am looking at taking my V-Cross.
Old 22nd October 2021, 11:08   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chethan.ram View Post
Looks very exciting. I will contact them soon. Do you have any idea if they allow our vehicles apart from the vehicles mentioned about? I am looking at taking my V-Cross.
Yes its allowed, but be careful as yours is a long wheel base car and can damage front and rear bumpers.
brraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2022, 09:33   #30
BHPian

Tried Dirty drivez yesterday (2nd Apr) and good experience I say. We took brother's Defender and tried 98% of trails.

Defender did not scrape anywhere and it was effortless (the world famous traction handled everything). Here are some pics,

Dirty Drivez - Offroad track in Bangalore-whatsapp-image-20220402-1.23.29-pm.jpeg

Dirty Drivez - Offroad track in Bangalore-whatsapp-image-20220402-1.23.51-pm.jpeg

Dirty Drivez - Offroad track in Bangalore-whatsapp-image-20220402-1.23.35-pm.jpeg

Dirty Drivez - Offroad track in Bangalore-whatsapp-image-20220402-1.23.33-pm.jpeg

Dirty Drivez - Offroad track in Bangalore-whatsapp-image-20220402-1.23.31-pm.jpeg

Dirty Drivez - Offroad track in Bangalore-whatsapp-image-20220402-1.23.30-pm.jpeg
noufal.ps is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks