Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2023, 11:23   #16
BHPian

Re: The Border Quest - Rann to the great Indian desert

Hey abhik great travelogue, missed it this time hope to join you guys next time. Smiles on the face and sand on thar's show you all had a great time
Old 13th February 2023, 16:36   #17
BHPian

How did the Jeep Compass manage the dune bashing? Was it able to hold it's own once the tyre pressure was made low, etc.?
Old 14th February 2023, 09:15   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sa!lor View Post
Hey abhik great travelogue, missed it this time hope to join you guys next time. Smiles on the face and sand on thar's show you all had a great time
Hey Sopan, you are most welcome for the next quest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohaak View Post
How did the Jeep Compass manage the dune bashing? Was it able to hold it's own once the tyre pressure was made low, etc.?
Compass was moderate in the dunes didn’t find any bottlenecks
Old 14th February 2023, 09:22   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhikb View Post
Final Itinerary & Route Plan

Day-0: Reporting at Tharad

Day-1:

-Tharad to Nadabet
- Flag-off at Nadabet Indo-Pak Border
- Nadabet to Munabai via Mavsari, Sata, Dhanau
-Munabao to Sam

Day-2:

- Sam to Longewala
- Longewala to Tanot border via Ramgarh
- Tanot to Sam
Thanks for sharing.

When I first saw this or discussed with a friend, I was under the impression that the route would be the trail / partial road parallel to the fencing of the Indo-Pak border. However here I can see that internal state roads were taken. Although Munabao requires a permit from BSF, Nadabet and Sam / Tanot border permits can be taken on the spot.
Loungewala-Sam-Tanot is a regular tourist spot while Nadabet is picking up. Had visited Nadabet in 2019.
Here is the link: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...ke-photos.html (Narabet: Visit to Zero Line & Border outpost in Gujarat from where you can freely take photos)

Last edited by ruzbehxyz : 14th February 2023 at 09:26.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 14:58   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
Thanks for sharing.

When I first saw this or discussed with a friend, I was under the impression that the route would be the trail / partial road parallel to the fencing of the Indo-Pak border. However here I can see that internal state roads were taken. Although Munabao requires a permit from BSF, Nadabet and Sam / Tanot border permits can be taken on the spot.
Loungewala-Sam-Tanot is a regular tourist spot while Nadabet is picking up. Had visited Nadabet in 2019.
Here is the link: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...ke-photos.html (Narabet: Visit to Zero Line & Border outpost in Gujarat from where you can freely take photos)
Hi,

Pls find below the reply point-wise for better clarity:

1) Border roads along the fence were taken but photography wasn’t allowed.
2) Few untouched areas were touched but then as organizers we keep certain niche aspects under wraps.
3) Regarding Munabao even if you have permit, you can visit upto the station, since we had taken special permission from DIG’s office GJ frontier for the event, we were allowed upto the Zero Point and were even served with Tea, coffee and snacks at their premises.
4) Regarding Tanot border, from the temple we went inside upto Bawaliya check post,in case of traveling in 1 or 2 cars, you can get permission from BSF office right away if you reach before 3:30pm.
5) In our case we were traveling in a convoy of 30+ cars which is enough to alert the forces on the other side at any of the borders. Hence, for Tanot zero point, DIG GJ frontier office had done the needful and arranged for the permission with DIG’s office in Jaisalmer-RJ frontier.
6) For Nadabet no permit is needed to visit zero point but then you need permission to travel from Nadabet to Bakhasar and photography is prohibited.
7) We included river bed trails enroute so as to cut the time as well as have a cross country drive experience.

Trust the above clarifies your concern and many thanks for sharing your Tlog.
abhikb is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 19:55   #21

Looks like everyone enjoyed the trip!! These pics makes you fall in love with 4x4 and me personally Thar!! One day will be part of this journey when time permits Amazing guys and continue to inspire
MudMustling is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks