Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2007, 17:05   #31
Senior - BHPian

Seems like many have been eaten up by the dirt bug. Thats good. Soon we may have better sales of jeeps and Mahindra will have to wake up to meet the demand. Anyother company listening we need a plain jeep which can take treacherous conditions
Old 10th December 2007, 17:55   #32
BHPian

Old 10th December 2007, 17:58   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit View Post
thats headers and esteem_lover resting...
ranjith- the pics of the cars going through water?
Old 10th December 2007, 18:00   #34
Team-BHP Support

Now this became the first thread in the brand new 4x4 section of Team-BHP.
Old 10th December 2007, 18:01   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
noticed the new section - was just PMing you to check! nice touch! as they say- May the Fours be with you!
Old 10th December 2007, 18:06   #36
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics . Have you guys climbed kodachadri at shimoga in karnataka . There jeeps carry ppl up the terrain which is tougher and slippery than this and its only rear wheel drive ! ,will try to get that video .
Old 10th December 2007, 20:13   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
Guys , It sure seems that this probably was the best meet Bhpians have attended .... who is the proud owner of the green jeep ( low bonnet ) ?? Seems to be in top condition !!!
yeah..that was the jeep that lost its bolts and lead the bhpians to water..literally
Old 10th December 2007, 20:21   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
There jeeps carry ppl up the terrain which is tougher and slippery than this and its only rear wheel drive ! ,will try to get that video .
This is one sad truth about off-roading photographs. With my limited Off-roading photography experience, I have realised that the off-roading challenges look very flat and simplistic on photos. Krishna and I were actually discussing this yesterday while composing the shots. In reality it is much more scarier than what you see. BTW, let alone RWD, without 4WD low gear we couldn't have even started off our adventure yesterday. Please don't compare RWD people carriers to these 4WD jeeps.
Old 10th December 2007, 20:39   #39
Senior - BHPian

hey samurai, talking of rwd / 4wd..i've known a few "mad" jeepers who did the same terrian in a 2wd cj3B.. Was stunned when they jumped around the stuff..The fact is a jeep is such a solid machine..we could trash the hell out of it..

The 4wd-low option helps us to do the same terrain in a much more comfortable way..as we did yesterday!!

So when are your pics due? And any remote chance of getting your GV to the site?

Cheers
Old 10th December 2007, 21:39   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
hey samurai, talking of rwd / 4wd..i've known a few "mad" jeepers who did the same terrian in a 2wd cj3B.. Was stunned when they jumped around the stuff..The fact is a jeep is such a solid machine..we could trash the hell out of it..
Still that can't be compared with people carriers.

The 4wd-low option helps us to do the same terrain in a much more comfortable way..as we did yesterday!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
So when are your pics due? And any remote chance of getting your GV to the site?
I have limited shots, most will be Krishna's shots. I'll start on the report pretty soon.
Old 10th December 2007, 22:03   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Absolutely & well deserved too. i hope the folks keep it clean of on road SUV drives. (hinting at those terrible 2+ litre monsters)

Quote:
This is one sad truth about off-roading photographs. With my limited Off-roading photography experience, I have realised that the off-roading challenges look very flat and simplistic on photos. Krishna and I were actually discussing this yesterday while composing the shots. In reality it is much more scarier than what you see. BTW, let alone RWD, without 4WD low gear we couldn't have even started off our adventure yesterday. Please don't compare RWD people carriers to these 4WD jeeps.
Ansolutely samurai, when i took a look at my photos, i realised that i could not explain this to anyone, the terrain looks so timid on these snaps. I will post my own report too tomorrow. until then, here is one more from my library.

Last edited by esteem_lover : 10th December 2007 at 22:09.
Old 10th December 2007, 22:19   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And 3 cheers to you ( for this new section) & all the other T-BHPians who actively participated in this event ( I am not talking about the folks who chose to safely sit beside the truly sporty srinath in his PRADO ( Which of course i have fallen head over heals in love with, that HAS to be my next car, if i ever have one)).
Old 10th December 2007, 22:40   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Actually dint get that part .Can you explain .
A RWD jeep which is under powered and poor tires and rough weather ( take few people in them or some times the driver alone goes up and come down) ; and on the other hand you have a 4X4 with all things to aid , so who's the best driver ? .BTW I was not comparing the vehicles ,but the driver skills .

Last edited by black12rr : 10th December 2007 at 22:51.
Old 10th December 2007, 22:44   #44
Senior - BHPian

Picasa Web Albums - MadMax - chennai tbhp otr
have uploaded the entire album here.

Old 10th December 2007, 22:48   #45
Senior - BHPian

AFAI understood from my experience, i believe samurai san said please do not compare people carriers like the fancy SUVs (with DVDs, LCDs & PS & PW etc etc) we get for flaunting, with these rugged & absolutely fantastic home tuned machines.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks