Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2007, 09:31   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S@~+#0$# View Post
@Samurai and Tifosi: Nice coverage. Fantastic pics and report.

Arka, Hats off to you!!! You Rock .

From the looks of it, I think Arka is running Army spec tires and wheels.
Yeah Arka is running army spec tyres and wheels..and his jeep is specifically tuned for Off road adventures..

Great pics guys.. What happened to the videos arka shot?
Old 12th December 2007, 10:25   #32
Senior - BHPian

great meet !! really missed this one...
great photography tifosi - in fact the essence of any off road picture would be the way the front and rear axles are bent in opp directions and that has been captured in all the photos....

the report from samurai san was more like watching a discovery channel documentary on TV !!

reminded me of the mini off road meet we had some 3 months back !!
big "HI" to nitrous, headers, E_L, arka,mandeep and his friend ( name ? ), and all chennai annas....
Old 12th December 2007, 11:47   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
great meet !! really missed this one...
great photography tifosi - in fact the essence of any off road picture would be the way the front and rear axles are bent in opp directions and that has been captured in all the photos....

the report from samurai san was more like watching a discovery channel documentary on TV !!

reminded me of the mini off road meet we had some 3 months back !!
big "HI" to nitrous, headers, E_L, arka,mandeep and his friend ( name ? ), and all chennai annas....
Yup Narayan, You'd have loved this meet..was better than our Pulicat and we got to do some real mild off roading..

There were 4 professional photographers..with BIG lens and some talk that i didnt understand..and they tried their best to capture the real action..with some of them sleeping on the ground to get the correct angle of the birds and the bees

Thanks to Samurai, Tifosi, madan80 and oops i forgot the last name..you guys made our day enjoyable by talking about the art of taking pictures!

Am eagerly looking forward for the next meet already!

Cheers
Old 12th December 2007, 12:07   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Yup Narayan, You'd have loved this meet..was better than our Pulicat and we got to do some real mild off roading..
This was mild? May be for you guys, it was wild enough for us newbies. But that is understandable since this was 4x4 training for dummies. Next time you guys gotta show us the real stuff.

Quote:
There were 4 professional photographers..with BIG lens and some talk that i didnt understand..and they tried their best to capture the real action..with some of them sleeping on the ground to get the correct angle of the birds and the bees
Vikram, none of us are professional photographers. Just serious hobbyists at the most.

Quote:
Thanks to Samurai, Tifosi, madan80 and oops i forgot the last name..
I think Neoranjit.
Old 12th December 2007, 12:15   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Vikram, none of us are professional photographers. Just serious hobbyists at the most.

I think Neoranjit.
Great job from you so called hobbyists..definitely kept us entertained! BTW.. what happened to the video that arka shot?

And your GV looks good!! Congrats..just happened to read that thread!
Old 12th December 2007, 13:38   #36
Senior - BHPian

4x4 - Training Day 09-12-2007 Chennai, Tamil Nadu

Hello BHPians,

The 4x4 Training Day was very exciting and successful (my PoV) because of all the participants.

Ever since we guys started collective & prepared Off-Road Driving, I have never been treated to such a patient and educated crowd.

The TBHPians definitely stand out from other Auto-Lovers because of their passion & dedication, and their discipline.

I would like to Thank my fellow JEEPers Vikram (Headers) & Dr. Jones for leading the pack and rising up to the occasion (giving demos and headers for driving Patrick's JEEP after the T-Case started slipping)

Nitrous, E_L, Pugram, Madan80 and Tifosi Krishna, these guys kept spirits high and brought along the other guys.

Samurai San his name says it all...............ZEN.

Guys it was a treat showing you a few things about Off-Road Driving and watching you guys drive.

Planning the next OTRish Meet in JAN...........looking forward to meeting all of you.

Regards,

Arka

PS - the Videos are with Dr.Jones...wil be getting them ASAP.
Old 12th December 2007, 13:43   #37
Senior - BHPian

Awesome pictures and you guys really had fun. Didnt see such an offroad experience in pictures in INDIA. Btw how did you guys get back up from the lake or did i miss some pictures?
Old 12th December 2007, 13:46   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Awesome pictures and you guys really had fun. Didnt see such an offroad experience in pictures in INDIA. Btw how did you guys get back up from the lake or did i miss some pictures?
We got back the same way we got in!! I thought the same during my first off road.. India has nice spots too and off road is not a bad sport afterall..

And its economical than racing !!
Old 12th December 2007, 13:53   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I guess even the most enthu photographers were too tired & hungry to take any more snaps, yes, there were no photos of us coming out. It was 4pm & we all had rumbling tummies & thirsty tongues.
Old 12th December 2007, 14:16   #40
Team-BHP Support

Any plans of having a dummy training session up north?
This was sure an awesome meet. Real fun.
I miss my Gypsy
Old 12th December 2007, 14:35   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Any plans of having a dummy training session up north?
This was sure an awesome meet. Real fun.
I miss my Gypsy

Get your Indica here, headers is itching to do this terrain on an Inidica.
Old 12th December 2007, 14:39   #42
Senior - BHPian

Well wanted to see how they got back up...never mind...actually own 2 jeeps but never dared pushing them to such limits....
Old 12th December 2007, 14:50   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
As I explained, nobody could get out of the Jeeps to shoot because we were told not stop in the slopes. Besides, the Jeeps were practically bouncing on the rock, the passengers needed both their hands to support themselves, I doubt anybody pulled out their camera here. I really hope there are some snaps from the climb or descent
Old 12th December 2007, 16:01   #44
Team-BHP Support

Nice write-up and excellent pics. Made me feel like i was a part of the action, going through the thread.
Old 12th December 2007, 18:45   #45
Senior - BHPian

Great write-up & excellent pictures, thanks Samurai, Tifosi & all the other attendees - I could feel the excitement even though it was probably nowhere near what the participants must have felt

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks