Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2008, 12:39   #76
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
Sometime last month, I had been to the same spot of beach where i had done the off-roading in January. I was surprised by the change in the shoreline in just 2 months. I took some pics again to compare. One spot where my cousin stood to take the pics is completely under water now .
Couldn't that be just the difference in high tide and low tide? It is normal for water level to change 5-6ft on a given day.
Old 8th April 2008, 14:32   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Will 235's fit on the stock gypsy rims?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Copyright Violation..now nitrous..YOU OWE ME A DRINK..A GOOD SCOTCH..ONLY WILL DO..!!

Yes 235s will fit stock gypsy rims!
Old 8th April 2008, 16:05   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
I think its about time you changed terrain,Bluethunder.
Get to Kelambakkam and do the rock climbing.
nitrous, I had not gone to do any off-roading this time : I was crossing the Muttukadu bridge on ECR when I noticed that the mouth of the backwaters seemed closed (by the sand). Out of curiosity , I then went in and took these pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Couldn't that be just the difference in high tide and low tide? It is normal for water level to change 5-6ft on a given day.
It is not the tidal effect, Samurai, I checked with a local fisherman who was nearby. He mentioned that every year, due to the winds and tide movement, the shoreline changes like this, and sometimes the mouth of the backwaters gets closed as well. This is a problem, since the Buckingham canal (which is connected to the Muttukadu 'lake' ) is not able to discharge the surplus water into the sea, and causes flooding of low-lying land in the interiors. The local municipality then gets people to manually remove the sand (I was thinking they would use machines to do this), and re-open the channel connecting the sea to the Muttukadu lake.

I am adding a wikimapia screenshot below for clarity : the red circle marks the off-roading spot, and the blue circle marks the spot where we saw the Ferraris during the last Chennai meet of Mar 15.

First off-roading with my Gypsy......some BORing stuff.-muttukadu.jpg

Last edited by Blue Thunder : 8th April 2008 at 16:22. Reason: wikimap added
Old 12th April 2008, 17:17   #79
Senior - BHPian

Blue Thunder,

Please see pictures of bangalore gypsyers on suzuki_gypsy-india in yahoogroups.com

dwarak

Most Viewed