Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2008, 10:27   #46
Senior - BHPian

Hi Vik,

Amazing pictures and a variety of 4x4s.

Some Land Rovers & G-Wagens if you please.

Regards,

Arka
Old 12th May 2008, 10:46   #47
Senior - BHPian

Just one line "Wonderful snaps"!!!
Old 12th May 2008, 11:40   #48
Senior - BHPian

Wow Vik you are seriously having great weekends. Enjoyed the pics of the jap 4*4s
Old 12th May 2008, 15:19   #49
BHPian

Nice pics!
I wish I could have a free area to go offroading with my Tata as you can...
In italy any time we put our wheels off the tarmac we are fined by forrest police... It is always a problem offroading over the weekend, unless you ask half a dozen of permission in advance...
I'm gelous of your desert...!

Ciao

Ignazio
Old 12th May 2008, 15:51   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikid View Post
there was a question about japanese 4x4's going offroad here; yes for sure we have toyota's, nissan's doing the stuff.. but jeeps are the best of the lot for the aggressive stuff..

here are some pics of the jap 4x4's..
Those pics are vikid in more than one sense. Have a look here,

Old 12th May 2008, 20:34   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
Hi Vik,

Amazing pictures and a variety of 4x4s.

Some Land Rovers & G-Wagens if you please.

Regards,

Arka
here you go enjoy..
sorry LR's are always.. stuck..
Attached Thumbnails
Offroading images from Dubai-picture-158.jpg  

Offroading images from Dubai-picture-464.jpg  

Offroading images from Dubai-picture-806.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 13th May 2008, 01:30   #52
BANNED

Wow! So much action and I ignored this thread. Bang Bang!

A late Hi, hello and welcome to team-bhp! For sure, you'll have lots of fun while gaining lots info from the forum.
This thread, oh! What can I say? I'll just pluck out my eyes and keep it here (yes, a bit exaggerated. Nay?).
Wonderful man. Full marks! Please keep it up and running till the unwanted doomsday arrives!

Thanks again.
Old 13th May 2008, 01:32   #53
BHPian

@ vikid

hows it going bro?! really nice pics you have there. nice clarity on the night ones as well. i was just wondering what psi do you guys reduce to on those tyres? for wadis and harder surfaces i'm sure they are great but on totally loose sand dont you think 'baloon' tyres make things easier?

btw some of the images you have put up with regards to the Japanese SUV's is kind of biased on some level .. dont you think? i feel that they have been portrayed in a negative manner where-in you do know that they do well on sand especially the Nissan Patrols, the older Cruisers and the old land rovers.

great inputs and keep those pictures coming bro. totally appreciate the great shots!

here's a nice one by a Nissan Patrol in Dubai ..

Last edited by A S H V I N : 13th May 2008 at 01:45. Reason: adding a video link from youtube ..
Old 13th May 2008, 02:10   #54
Senior - BHPian

hey Vikram,you are one lucky chap to have this doing on your weekends,Some of the buggys ive seen it for the first time except for some PC games i didn't ever knew off-roading was soo much fun.. we are seriously missing something here :(
Old 13th May 2008, 15:32   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hahaha.. here you go with our last weekend's extreme pics..
the place is called LIWA and is the most challenging area where the sand is like powder.. it has the largest sand dunes in the country..

we did part of the desert challenge (internaltional desert rally) route.. 200kms of pure desert driving, tackling the largest dunes..
Man! this set of pics is like a flipbook! Awesome!
Old 13th May 2008, 15:41   #56
BHPian

man..i did the desert safari when i was in Dubai in Jan. Of course didnt get to drive but it was pure thrill and fun.. Infact i did it again the following week... i have pics from there...where can i post them.. i still do not have access to the member galleries

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 13th May 2008 at 22:32. Reason: Please see note in post. (You can post the pics in an existing thread or even a new thread)
Old 13th May 2008, 15:42   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
sorry LR's are always.. stuck..
Hehehe.... - in whatever mild forms of dune bashing that we have taken part in, the LRs always get stuck. Always.
Old 13th May 2008, 16:05   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A S H V I N View Post
@ vikid

hows it going bro?! really nice pics you have there. nice clarity on the night ones as well. i was just wondering what psi do you guys reduce to on those tyres? for wadis and harder surfaces i'm sure they are great but on totally loose sand dont you think 'baloon' tyres make things easier?

btw some of the images you have put up with regards to the Japanese SUV's is kind of biased on some level .. dont you think? i feel that they have been portrayed in a negative manner where-in you do know that they do well on sand especially the Nissan Patrols, the older Cruisers and the old land rovers.

great inputs and keep those pictures coming bro. totally appreciate the great shots!

here's a nice one by a Nissan Patrol in Dubai .. YouTube - Nissan Patrol hill climb

hey ashvin, well the jap 4x4 pics you have seen (white LC) is mine, so am i biased - no..
i have realised the truth after owning a jeep aswell, LC - land crusier aka lazy cow is v comfortable 4x4 for long drives, same with patrols' and LR's.

trust me.. as i drive LC and the Jeep XJ.. i like the performance of the jeep, you just cant compare..and you know "jeeps are built and not bought"

I deflate to 8psi on my 32" copper STT tires...you could go lower but then have the risk of popping the tyre from the rim incase of hard turns jumps etc.
rock crawling etc, (not much here) we go down to 20 - 25psi depending on the conditions.

Last edited by Rehaan : 13th May 2008 at 22:34. Reason: 2 smileys max, and please use proper punctuation not..typing..like..this. Thanks.
Old 14th May 2008, 03:11   #59
BHPian

I agree the Jeeps are pretty good on sand. thus is because of the difference in power to weight ratio in comparison to other SUV's such as the heavier Land Cruiser or the Nissan Patrol. in the pictures you had put up, the cars were in very awkward positions/spots which are not really a common sighting and are more probable due to carelessness on part of the driver or unfamiliarity of the particular area.

the only thing i would like to see here is a fair portrayal of the vehicles used for off-roading since people unfamiliar with the sport/activity would be misled and get the general picture or by your inference that the Japanese SUV's are not good on sand.

i agree the Land Cruiser has a relatively softer suspension for increased comfort for on road driving but then the Nissan Patrols, Land Rover Defenders(non jap), the Land CruiserII, the FJ cruiser among others are all amazing on sand.
Old 14th May 2008, 10:47   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A S H V I N View Post
I agree the Jeeps are pretty good on sand. thus is because of the difference in power to weight ratio in comparison to other SUV's such as the heavier Land Cruiser or the Nissan Patrol. in the pictures you had put up, the cars were in very awkward positions/spots which are not really a common sighting and are more probable due to carelessness on part of the driver or unfamiliarity of the particular area.

the only thing i would like to see here is a fair portrayal of the vehicles used for off-roading since people unfamiliar with the sport/activity would be misled and get the general picture or by your inference that the Japanese SUV's are not good on sand.

i agree the Land Cruiser has a relatively softer suspension for increased comfort for on road driving but then the Nissan Patrols, Land Rover Defenders(non jap), the Land CruiserII, the FJ cruiser among others are all amazing on sand.

I would appreciate if you keep such discussions away from this thread; My intention here is to share offroading pics; i am sure people are loving it.

Technical discussions / comparisons could be discussed in other forum.

I should not have replied to your earlier post !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks