Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2008, 19:29   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
There are quite a few Jeepers coming from Bangalore that I know. I am sure we can find some room for off-road hitchhikers.
problem is they should allow a hitchhiker na.hope they do.btw incase my numbers are not reachable when you call then please assume that iam at my estate and I hardly get network there.Please leave an sms if thats the case.I will get back to you the moment i come back to town or get network coverage.
Old 18th September 2008, 08:26   #32
BHPian

Hi all,

Booking was closed yesterday evening and there are 71 vehicles are booked for the event.

Regards,

Ram.
Old 20th November 2008, 11:26   #33
Team-BHP Support

It is time for 48th Great Escape in Munnar!

It is scheduled for Dec 13th 2008. Apparently, this is the toughest one of all. I am planning on attending this one. I have to drive 580Kms one-way to reach this place.

I know many Jeepers from Chennai, Bangalore and even Delhi are planning to drive down to the event. Let's start planning guys.

First problem, how to register? The web registration is useless, nobody will respond to it.

Local dealer can't take registrations since it is not a Karnataka event.

Last edited by Samurai : 20th November 2008 at 11:29.
Old 20th November 2008, 11:34   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It is time for 48th Great Escape in Munnar!

It is scheduled for Dec 13th 2008. Apparently, this is the toughest one of all. I am planning on attending this one. I have to drive 580Kms one-way to reach this place.

Good. Vinay has given me an ultimatum some 1-2 months ago itself that I cannot miss this one and it is mandatory for me to attend this one. So I am in -- in my Gypsy. (now don't ask what a Gypsy will be doing in a Mahindra event .)

Cheers,
Old 20th November 2008, 11:45   #35
Team-BHP Support

Well, you can always hop on to one of our Jeeps, they allow 4 people per Jeep. Or you can become a marshal too.
Old 20th November 2008, 16:10   #36
BHPian

I am also coming from trivandrum.... As this is my first GE I can't miss it.
Hope it's going to be as good as they say!!
Old 20th November 2008, 18:33   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
I cannot miss this one and it is mandatory for me to attend this one. So I am in -- in my Gypsy. (now don't ask what a Gypsy will be doing in a Mahindra event .)

The Gypsy is going to rock the Mahindra GE boy oh boy, whatta sight! All the best buddy!
Old 21st November 2008, 00:11   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I will be driving from Bangalore for the Munnar event. Let me know if any other Jeepers are interested in leaving together from Bangalore.
Old 21st November 2008, 00:35   #39
Team-BHP Support

Well, Vinay and Shahnawaz are starting from Bangalore. That would be 454Kms drive for you. For me it will be 580Kms, I'll be hugging the coast all the way close to Kochi.
Old 21st November 2008, 10:19   #40
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
I will be driving from Bangalore for the Munnar event. Let me know if any other Jeepers are interested in leaving together from Bangalore.
guys i am also planning to join for Munnar GE leaving from bangalore
Old 21st November 2008, 10:46   #41
BANNED

How do we get to be Marshals? No Jeep so wondering if i can tag along.
Old 21st November 2008, 10:48   #42
BANNED

Samurai, I would like to join this event. I know I cannot participate with the Safari (assuming that a certain Gypsy will not participate) but what other options do I have?
Old 21st November 2008, 11:10   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Samurai, I would like to join this event. I know I cannot participate with the Safari (assuming that a certain Gypsy will not participate) but what other options do I have?
Each Jeep/SUV is allowed 4 participants including the driver. If you don't have a qualifying vehicle, reserve a seat with some Jeeper who is participating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
How do we get to be Marshals? No Jeep so wondering if i can tag along.
To become a Marshal you have to know the organizer, last time we knew Sudhir Kashyap, but he has moved on to other business unit, he no more deals with MGE, that's what I heard. This time I want to participate.

To answer some other frequently asked questions:

1) The entry fee per vehicle is generally 2500 bucks. It would include breakfast and lunch. But it would be prudent to carry lots of food and drinks in the vehicle, you can get stuck for hours and hours without food.

2) Hotel stay is not provided, you are responsible for arranging yourselves.

3) If vehicle breaks down, I think they will tow you to the nearest the Mahindra service station, after that it is your head ache.

Finally, expect lots and lots of waiting. In a way it is fun, you can just park the vehicle and walk around checking out other rides and make new friends.

Jeep Thrill members from Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai are coming, so it will be great fun. Anybody from Goa this time?
Old 21st November 2008, 12:01   #44
rippergeo

I might tag along with one of you kind hearted jeepers if I manage to get leave.

Old 21st November 2008, 12:12   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Each Jeep/SUV is allowed 4 participants including the driver. If you don't have a qualifying vehicle, reserve a seat with some Jeeper who is participating.

To become a Marshal you have to know the organizer, last time we knew Sudhir Kashyap, but he has moved on to other business unit, he no more deals with MGE, that's what I heard. This time I want to participate.

To answer some other frequently asked questions:

1) The entry fee per vehicle is generally 2500 bucks. It would include breakfast and lunch. But it would be prudent to carry lots of food and drinks in the vehicle, you can get stuck for hours and hours without food.

2) Hotel stay is not provided, you are responsible for arranging yourselves.

3) If vehicle breaks down, I think they will tow you to the nearest the Mahindra service station, after that it is your head ache.

Finally, expect lots and lots of waiting. In a way it is fun, you can just park the vehicle and walk around checking out other rides and make new friends.

Jeep Thrill members from Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai are coming, so it will be great fun. Anybody from Goa this time?
nope , its jus too far away. would have loved to join anyways.

Most Viewed