Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2008, 21:43   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Come on Samurai..!!!! I don't buy into this one. First of all, you are NO longer a newbie. Not with you GV and 340 experience.
Well, I am more like 60 posts BHPian, just above a newbie.

There were other things, like showing up at 9AM by crossing shiradi ghats by fighting off mining trucks, my Jeep having open-heart surgery for a new head, etc.

Heard it was very well organised and the terrain was hard and competitive.
Old 17th August 2008, 21:45   #17
BHPian

Terrific and awesome, please let me know when this takes place next time I will be as a spectator !! Till I buy myself a Jeep .
So many different vehicles and so many terrains its really ultimate its hould have been so much fun I believe !!
Old 18th August 2008, 11:23   #18
Senior - BHPian

Indianrunner,

Awesome pics. I love the pic of Pajero crossing the water. Thanks for sharing.

Samurai,

I remember in the OTR that you had been to, Pajero was left behind but looking at these pics, may be it should have been taken along.
Old 18th August 2008, 11:37   #19
Team-BHP Support

I heard Pajero did have lots of problem in the slush in Sakleshpur OTR, hopefully we can get some first hand report on that.
Old 21st August 2008, 09:59   #20

Pajero

It looks like he moved in too fast for the water level to rise above the hood which is dangerous as it could lead to water getting sucked into the air intake.

My advise before crossing such streams make sure the water level is waist deep not more, or Knee level check where the ground is firm use your low 4x4 and move slowly making sure you do not raise the water level above the hood.

I hope he has checked his air intake after the event.

Trekker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
Hey runner nice off-road experience you guys had, let us know which are the vehicles which took part.

Did the Pajero cross that stream without any problem after half submerged in water.

Where exactly near Sakleshpur did this take place and let us know when such kind of rides happen ibn future in advance, so that there are many enthusiasts in this forum who like to take part and including me...

Keep posting more pictures and share your experience on the ride you drove....
Old 21st August 2008, 10:18   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianrunner View Post
@ phamilyman, am attaching the three snaps i have at a better resolution. Hope these are good for us as I have no pretensions at being a photographer

Hello Phamilyman,

seems like you moved in too fast you are lucky that the water did not get sucked into the turbo or the damages could have been severe.

You have lot of power under the hood use yourt low gear and move slowly next time around and make sure that you walk through the water and check if the ground is firm andthen make your move.

Just a suggestion

Trekker
Old 25th August 2008, 12:46   #22

Budweiser Saklespur 4x4 ‘off-road’ rally

The Saklespur 4x4 ‘off-road’ rally held at a specially-designated area near the coffee estates on August 25 (Saturday). The event was presented by Budweiser.A list of 40 vehicles with around 200 participants (a driver, navigator and co-passengers) took part in the off-road rally. A grueling custom-built stretch of 38 kilometers along the Western Ghats near Saklespur (which lies between Kodagu and Chikmagalur districts) was the rally route. The vehicles crossed streams, slushy paths and difficult terrain to reach the finishing point.
Attached Thumbnails
Munzerabad Club Arvind Off road 2008-dsc_0577.jpg  

Munzerabad Club Arvind Off road 2008-dsc_0578.jpg  

Munzerabad Club Arvind Off road 2008-dsc_0579.jpg  

Munzerabad Club Arvind Off road 2008-1.jpg  

Munzerabad Club Arvind Off road 2008-2.jpg  

Munzerabad Club Arvind Off road 2008-3.jpg  

Munzerabad Club Arvind Off road 2008-5.jpg  

Munzerabad Club Arvind Off road 2008-7.jpg  

Old 12th August 2010, 13:44   #23
BHPian

Wow

What happened to this thread - it is almost 3 years old now and no updates?

I purchased a Red M&M Jeep - it is in Bangalore with a close friend of mine. Would love to take part in one of these rallies although I am still new at driving Jeeps.

Hey Samurai, how's the GV doing? Thanks for the advice & opinion on the Jeep as well that from your friend.

Cheers

Nattusbs

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks