Team-BHP - Sakleshpura OTR and Camping
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Excursions (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-excursions/)
-   -   Sakleshpura OTR and Camping (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-excursions/46578-sakleshpura-otr-camping.html)

Indy’s Log 1815250908

< In case you are confused what number is mentioned above, it is 06:15PM 25th Sep 08 lol!>

Left office at 4:45PM and reached Museum Road at 6PM. Went to Adventure One after confirming it’s location from Khan_Sultan. Nice store, good collection fo all the stuff you need from camping to offroading. Looked for a sleeping Bag, mats and picked them up. Left the shop by 07:15PM.

Indy’s Log 1437260908

T-BHP – Meet section was being looked at for updates for OTR. Notice Khan_Sultan’s post saying 8 people dropped off from prev list of 17. Only 9 going to OTR. Get a little apprehensive. Don’t know 7 people out of 9 making it to OTR. Wondering if my Wify will feel out of place. The whole week had been tiring as both of us been working for almost 12 hrs and traveling 4 hrs up & down to office.

Indy’s Log 1900260908

Decide to drop the plan of the OTR. Message Khan_Sultan and take on Plan B. Taking parents to a pooja they wanted to attend in the morning and checking out the crashed HayaBusa of our family friend. Maybe we can take rest and finish some work pending at home. Sleep saddened thinking about the OTR we were going to miss.

Indy’s Log 0700270908

Get up , Brushing my teeth thinking I wam missing an OTR which I wanted to go for from a long time. Then pacifying myself , thinking no probs will chk the Busa, Ride it and have fun. Khan_Sultan calls up and says more company for my Wify at the OTR. They will start immediately and we can come by ourselves. Hmm… Parents calling from downstairs to drop them as it was already late and now I am thinking again whether I should go for OTR Instead. Tell my Wife and she lights up & is ready. Ok.. so time to tell Parents that we will go to the OTR, no HayaBusa visit and all. They are ok after some convincing.

To be Contd...

I called everyone today to just start the thread, But responsibility came back to me. So i am not going to write more, let the pictures Talk. BTW my camera had some problem, so all these pictures are taken by Manoj - a good friend of mine who came with me.

We reached Chandan's place somewhere around 1PM. After some chilled beers and a good lunch, we headed to OTR spot. Dwarak joined us on the way and Vikram was waiting for us with his sexy MM540.

PS: The biggest surprise was, hrag showed up in a Dicor 4X4.

On the way to OTR spot.
Sakleshpura OTR and Camping-onthewayotr.jpg

Traffic block on the way
Sakleshpura OTR and Camping-tarfkri.jpg

Dwarak is taking control
Sakleshpura OTR and Camping-myjeepandcows.jpg

Out of mess now and going ahead
Sakleshpura OTR and Camping-myjeeparti.jpg

Dwarak is coming up
Sakleshpura OTR and Camping-dwark_comin.jpg

Chandan in his Green Gypsy
Sakleshpura OTR and Camping-chandan_gyp.jpg

First Pit top
Sakleshpura OTR and Camping-pit1.jpg

Approaching to a small stream crossing
Sakleshpura OTR and Camping-cj500water.jpg
Sakleshpura OTR and Camping-myjeepwater.jpg
Sakleshpura OTR and Camping-gypwater.jpg

Khan_Sulthan's sparkling "Small" Gypsy
Sakleshpura OTR and Camping-gypsparkling.jpg

To Be Continued...

--Sree--

Finally, it started! Was waiting for this thread since today morning!

Keep 'em flowing, Sree.

Rest of the team - please share your photo's also.

EDIT:

Sree: Inder has already started a thread on this OTR. Its at: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...lots-pics.html

MOD's please merge threads.

Hahahhaaa... Inder! That was one hell of a coaster ride!!!

Convincing the parents out of a temple trip - man, you got some negotiation skills!

Keep the pics coming. Had to drop out due to some work at home.

Sree am sure you guys had a good time!

Btw its "Sakleshpura"

Finally it started coming. So this is just the tip of the ice berg I guess. Waiting for the whole ice berg (pics) to come out.
Eagerly waiting for the Khan's Gypsy after the recent 2nd dose of Steeroids :)

Too Lazy to trek, so try in Jeep
Sakleshpura OTR and Camping-uphill1.jpg
Sakleshpura OTR and Camping-uphill2.jpg
Sakleshpura OTR and Camping-uphill3.jpg

Finally on top and my wife called me and asked "Where are you" Heck i don't know where i am...
Sakleshpura OTR and Camping-ontop.jpg

Manoj is posing for a photo shoot in front of my Jeep. Spot Khan_Sulthan in this photo :)
Sakleshpura OTR and Camping-patchu.jpg

Dwarak got struck in a 3 feet deep rut... Khan_Sulthan on rescue operation.
Sakleshpura OTR and Camping-darakstruck.jpg

Finally he is out
Sakleshpura OTR and Camping-dwarakout.jpg

Have a look at the place where he got struck
Sakleshpura OTR and Camping-ditch.jpg

Time for a group photo
Sakleshpura OTR and Camping-group.jpg

Back to Chandan's place and busy setting up Tents before Booz :)
Sakleshpura OTR and Camping-camp1.jpg

Star_Aqua setting up his Tent
Sakleshpura OTR and Camping-vinaytent.jpg

Dwarak's Gypsy
Sakleshpura OTR and Camping-dwarak_night_gyp.jpg

Time for some Barbecue
Sakleshpura OTR and Camping-barb1.jpg

Our 5-Star Bar counter :)
Sakleshpura OTR and Camping-abrcounter.jpg

Wait for action packed pictures of day two...

--Sree--

clap:
I have also been eagerly following this thread from the conception stage and was bit disappointed that the actual photos have not yet come online and its nearly the end of the day. Phew!!! The wait is almost over now.
Request you to please post the pics asap please:

Indy’s Log 0800270908

Pack bags franticly, no checklist, just stuffing everything that would be required for the OTR. Tent, Mats, Sleeping Bag, Warmers, Torch, First Aid, Important Med etc..etc,,

Indy’s Log 0845270908

Take the car out of Garage and head for breakfast. Gooble breakfast as fast as we can and leave .

Indy’s Log 0920270908

The Journey begins, hit the road and withing 15 mins at Tumkur Highway crossing the NICE road bridge. Call Khan_Sultan and he guides to take a left at Mangalore Highway. Search and almost miss the highway. Took the turn and head straight.. Roads were a little bad at Tumkur Highway and kept getting better as we approached Mangalore highway. Rip through the highway doing 100-120 KMPH .. Once we reach a good stretch , touched 160KMPH.

Indy’s Log 1123270908

Guess had crossed CR Patna and rest of the Halli’s or something and was few 10’s of KMS away from Hassan Bypass. Ripping at 160KMPH and see an auto at far distance. When was maybe 30 feet , that idiot stops in the middle of the highway. I have been signaling <Dip> and honked a few times to let him know, but you know how they are . Meanwhile there is an Ikon trying to race with me. Jam the brakes at 20 ft for a while and zip across him. Ikon stops near the auto and gives a nice scolding and probably using some swear words looking at gestures from him to the auto guy from the rear view mirror .

Indy’s Log 1230270908

Reached Sakleshpur and call Khan_Sultan. He guides me to take a uphill road where there are lots of vehicles parked and then at 7 KMS there will be a Mosque at the right and then at 8 KMS later there will be a “RUSTED BOARD” … with nothing written on it. So we start the uphill and go crazy with the curves on the way. Phew… even a snake can get tangled on if he goes like that ..hehe. Fly by the Mosque on the LEFT and wondering which side will the RUSTED BOARD be. Finally see it on the right and do some off roading on my swift for 1.5 KMS.

Indy’s Log 0105270908

Reach Chandan’s place and introduce ourselves. Chandan’s dog “LEO”is running amok, excited with so many people around. Finally, talk to the Gang in person and plan for lunch. Chandan’s Wife “SAPNA” served lunch to almost everybody and haves it last. My Wife “SAPNA” is wondering that our dog “LEO” should have been here. Coincidence you call it , right? Yes, we have two SAPNA’s and two LEO’s in our group lol!!

<PIcs are ready for upload...>

To be contd….

Quote:

Originally Posted by sreerajunnithan (Post 995838)
Manoj is posing for a photo shoot in front of my Jeep. Spot Khan_Sulthan in this photo :)
Attachment 53939

Hey, there he goes in his Gypsy between those 2 gentleman cheers:

man, its very far, so whats he doing all alone there :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjothi (Post 995929)
Hey, there he goes in his Gypsy between those 2 gentleman cheers:

man, its very far, so whats he doing all alone there :D

He is trying to conquer that hill. :)

--Sree--

Quote:

Originally Posted by inder_s1 (Post 995918)
... Coincidence you call it , right? Yes, we have two SAPNA’s and two LEO’s in our group lol!!...

Maybe you and Chandan should sit and discuss a bit; might turn out that you guys have few more similarities! :D

Khan's gypsy looks so far away! My God, look at the place, so beautiful and so untouched! Heaven on earth! :thumbs up

You lucky lot!

Ok guys, i just want to finish this so continuing...

These are day-2 pictures..

Star_aqua doing some morning drive...
Sakleshpura OTR and Camping-star1.jpg

Camp Site
Sakleshpura OTR and Camping-myjeeptent.jpg

kittigadu's sexy beast looked so beautiful with mist...
Sakleshpura OTR and Camping-kitti1.jpg

Dwarak is done with packing of tent (I don't know how on earth we can pack it back)

Indy’s Log 13305270908

Everyone’s ready for the OTR to begin. We set out for the trail with three Gypsy, three Jeeps and a Safari. We stop 3KMS before Sakleshpur and wait for Dwarak. Meanwhile all the guys with cams spring into action. Clicking away to glory …. Dwarak arrives and we stop to meet another person to take us to the trail. The sun blazing and lack of tea in the morning caused a bad headache to me and it was getting worse. But when we have a trail to take who cares.

Indy’s Log 1415270908

We begin the trail. I sit in Khan_Sultan’s Gypsy along with SAPNA <my Wife>, Vathra and SAPNA < Chandan’s Wife> tacked up on the backseat enjoying the sun. My Cam goes .. Click ..click every now and then I realize it’s either gonna be photos or it’s gonna be me meaning… Let’s forget the photos and enjoy the ride. So Khan’s Gypsy goes up any path be it rocks, mud, slush, ferns effortlessly with experienced driving in this terrain from him. Some get a little slow at negotiating the turns, the rocks.

Indy’s Log 1530270908

I hop on to Krishna <Kittigadu> Jeep to get more shots of the Jeeps behind. All of a sudden we jump over a stump and miss a tree by a few mm. Geeez.. It was an awesome experience seeing the balancing act. Krishna gets the Jeep back on the trail in no time and I take some shots of the hills over the horizon. It was a breath taking view when we reached on the top of hills. We get down and walk up a hillock a few feet away and click some more snap in the beautiful setting. All of a sudden I notice Khan_Sultan climbing a huge hill next to our hillock < You will see this in the pics>. What a sight , Krishna follows and decides to backout when Khan_Sultan gets stuck and heads back. The reason: Ferns are really high and they cover all the rocks and ditches beneath them. Dwarak tries the same and gets stuck in a 3 foot ditch. To pull him out it takes a Gypsy <Khan_Sultan> and the rest of the guys to help lift it from a side. Khan_Sultan gave me his Gypsy to drive on the hillock and it was a very good experience.

Indy’s Log 1800270908

After this adventure, we start off to another trail, clicked snaps and headed home. Had tea on the way and reached the camp site by 8PM. Freshened up and setup tent newar the campfire and BBQ spot. Had a good chat with discussion on 540’s and 550’s and the Q still stands on the difference between 540 and 550. Slept at 1AM.

Indy’s Log 0700280908

Got up and climbed out of the tent and Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooow. What a sight. Our tents , some of them faded away due to mist. It was so beautiful. Got ready and while waiting for others took my car for a spin on the hill where we had camped. Did lots of 360 deg spins <Hope someone captured it in their cams> and then drove everyone’s Jeeps and Rishi’s Safari. Came to know that Jeeps can drive themselves in 4X4 mode. Loved all the Jeeps. What an awesome experience. Started to Swarga resort for breakfast and headed from their to the backwaters, but reached a spot which had loads of sand and everyone started testing their machines to the limit. First time been in a Safari on this sand conquering spree. Me & my wife drove Khan_Sultan’s Gypsy on the sand and loved it. Thanks a lot to Khan_Sultan for giving his Gypsy to us.

Indy’s Log 0300280908

Had lunch at Swarga and headed back to Bangalore. The highway was crazy with people driving recklessly and buses not budging to give way to overtake. Reached home by 9PM.

Thank you all for making our first OTR a great success. As expected, I’m now a 4X4 addict. Hope I get a good Jeep sooooooooooon.

Now I will let the photo’s do the talking in coming posts.