Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2008, 12:28   #61
Senior - BHPian

Just seen the telecast. Man it was so nicely covered. I saw Chetan speaking on the TV. How about the other 2 who spoke?

Almost all vehicles covered very good. Eventhough guys missed me riding the kittys jeep, thankfully he covered
Old 21st October 2008, 12:57   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaraka View Post
The telecast on TV9 is re-scheduled for 11.45 a.m. this morning.

Dwarak
when is the repeat telecast, Dwarak ?
Old 21st October 2008, 12:58   #63
BHPian

My mom was scolding me right from the begining i bought "why do you want that jeep?? what will you do with that?" I couldn't able to convince her . She had called me up after watching us on TV9. She felt happy to see me and my jeep on TV. Now i am bit relaxed. cheers:

Thanks to Dwarak for organising such a ROCKing event!!
Old 21st October 2008, 13:10   #64
BHPian

Very good event.

I missed it,

Somebody please post the link for the tv9 report.
Old 21st October 2008, 13:10   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by star_aqua View Post
My mom was scolding me right from the begining i bought "why do you want that jeep?? what will you do with that?" I couldn't able to convince her . She had called me up after watching us on TV9. She felt happy to see me and my jeep on TV. Now i am bit relaxed. cheers:

Thanks to Dwarak for organising such a ROCKing event!!
Man, with those open jeep you are so visible

Everything has its own pros and cons.

Con - when you are searching for those covers in the rain
Old 21st October 2008, 13:14   #66
Senior - BHPian

Star_aqua,

Good that your mother liked what you have done.

Re-cast of the event may be between 3-4 p.m. or 5 - 6 p.m.
However the telecast in the morning is recorded by Chetan and he will post the same in youtube shortly

Reporter of TV9 -Nagaraju want to cover our next OTR.

Dwarak
Old 21st October 2008, 13:17   #67
Senior - BHPian

Just an observation on the footage showed by TV9- something which looked like water was leaking heavily from an open jeep. Is it diesel? Anybody has any idea about it?
Old 21st October 2008, 13:26   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Haven't seen the telecast but Prithvi (Didn't join us for the OTR) called me and told me that the coverage is excellent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
.... I saw Chetan speaking on the TV. How about the other 2 who spoke?..
I think he mistook Chetan for a foreigner doing OTR in Karnataka (and speaking good Kannada as well), so they showed Chetan only .

Quote:
My mom was scolding me right from the begining i bought "why do you want that jeep?? what will you do with that?" I couldn't able to convince her . She had called me up after watching us on TV9. She felt happy to see me and my jeep on TV. Now i am bit relaxed. ...
Wow. that's great. Never thought in that direction :-). Watch out. Next time your whole family/relatives may want to join in.

Jokes apart, OTR is such a nice outlet for the whole family to get out and have a blast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Just an observation on the footage showed by TV9- something which looked like water was leaking heavily from an open jeep. Is it diesel? Anybody has any idea about it?
May be. shouldn't come as a surprise. Happens all the time on inclines/slopes etc.

Cheers,
Old 21st October 2008, 13:31   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi
Man, with those open jeep you are so visible

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi
Con - when you are searching for those covers in the rain Ya mahesh
Mahesh, the cover came in handy and i had some teqnique to tie it up and its better than the bike ride in rain. Didn't you notice that we had not stopped anywhere when it was raining?
Myself and Andy was enjoying it to the core driving in heavy rain without wipers.
Old 21st October 2008, 13:50   #70
BHPian

Wow.
With so many jeeps at one place, people cheering, children clapping, guys pushing, women driving ...
TV gave a totally new perspective to the event and the 4x4s. Each and every vehicle was looking damn gracious and beautiful.

"OTR is going on mud roads to some remove villages with no bus service, finding a big tree and cooking and eating and coming back by day break. The unfortunates ones who cant drive get stuck"

Trust me, i have a few friends who think this is what i have been doing in all my OTR's because the photos never show the depth, incline nor the sheer magnitude of the obstacle. Adding to that we always have a few photos of tents and cooking and campfires etc.

If there is any one who still believes in the above statement, watch TV.

For all those who missed snaps of mjothi driving my jeep, you can see him do that on TV. hey MJothi, thanks for the excellent report man. It was just like being there.

Dwarak, thanks a ton for organizing this OTR.
vinay and other moderators for helping us out and the rest of the gang for the support and encouragement.

Krishna.
Old 21st October 2008, 14:40   #71
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM440 View Post
Hey .Nice report and pics.Looks like you guys had a lot of fun.It's been a long time since so many vehicle went on a day's OTR. Just one matter of concern.
1> Who is the chap standing in line of the descending safari???
2> Why didnt any one warn him not to do so??
3> In the past we have had my jeep,vivek's jeep,Srini's jeep and others' experience failure and slide down.
4> One must not only ensure one's vehicle's and own safety but the safety of the whole team while driving.
Cheers
Jammy
Jammy sir,

The 'chap' in question was Suresh Stephen. I may be totally off the mark here but I believe he was standing there (only until I started down) to guide me to drive straight to the spot where he was standing.

There are 2 huge rocks to either side of that passage and any deviation would have resulted in the Safari hitting one of those rocks.

Vinay Thomas was in the Safari with me riding shotgun on that downhill stretch as well as on the way back up and I remember him telling me to go exactly where Suresh was standing, as I wouldn't need any steering corrections. As soon as I started moving, I remember Suresh moving away and Vinay also making sure he was out of the way.

of course, in all my excitement, I might have missed something obvious and so, request others present to clarify.
Old 21st October 2008, 14:45   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My mom was scolding me right from the begining i bought "why do you want that jeep?? what will you do with that?" I couldn't able to convince her . She had called me up after watching us on TV9. She felt happy to see me and my jeep on TV.
That is some satisfaction! Doesnt happen with everyone - enjoy every moment of it!
Old 21st October 2008, 14:46   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Haven't seen the telecast but Prithvi (Didn't join us for the OTR) called me and told me that the coverage is excellent.

I think he mistook Chetan for a foreigner doing OTR in Karnataka (and speaking good Kannada as well), so they showed Chetan only .

Wow. that's great. Never thought in that direction :-). Watch out. Next time your whole family/relatives may want to join in.

Jokes apart, OTR is such a nice outlet for the whole family to get out and have a blast.

May be. shouldn't come as a surprise. Happens all the time on inclines/slopes etc.

Cheers,

As Vijay said, even when i bought and started rebuilding my Jeep, most of them keep on asking me "why did you buy jeep!!!? and few mechanics told me 4X4 is not required disable it." I was not able to convince them. Now they have understood what is Jeep? why 4X4? how capable it is, after watching us on TV9. They felt very happy to see my jeep on TV.

Thanks again to Dwarak and others for organising such a gr8 event!!!
Old 21st October 2008, 14:52   #74
Team-BHP Support

These are the kind of events that make me miss Bangalore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittigadu View Post
Dwarak, thanks a ton for organizing this OTR.
vinay and other moderators for helping us out and the rest of the gang for the support and encouragement.
You need to qualify this statement. There were no Team-BHP moderators there, Vinay and Suresh are Jeep Thrills Moderators.
Old 21st October 2008, 14:57   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
.... You need to qualify this statement. There were no Team-BHP moderators there, ....
He he he.. Yes. And thank god for that. . (just kidding..)

PS: Folks which TV9 did the telecast come on? There is one TV9 News and one regular TV9. whi one? I am assuming the regular TV9 one. right?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks