Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2008, 10:42   #136
BHPian

@Dwarak: kittigadu has full pledged tools for video editing. Kitty where are you?
Old 30th October 2008, 10:54   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaraka View Post
Hi,

I have the Video CD and is very big file of 670 mb. Tried uploading in Youtube, with no success. Can anybody help me out .

Warm regards,
Dwarak
I think Krishna mentioned that he has some software to break it to pats and upload. have PMed him. Will update you.

Cheers.
Old 5th November 2008, 12:31   #138
Senior - BHPian

That was a very good OTR meet.
Wonder how I missed this thread.
Old 5th November 2008, 13:18   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
What's happening with the video guys? where is it and how will it be made available for poor folks who cold not watch TV9 that day??

Anyone listening here!!!!!
+1 to that and then some more. Where's the video?
Old 6th November 2008, 20:17   #140
BHPian

Great Off-Roading

Hi Guys!
This is my first post to Team BHP though I have been watching the posts for a long time.

A great off-roading in deed and a wonderful place to do so. I have not been into specific offroading trip like what you guys are doing, but have lived through some of these experiences.

I was curious to know the owner of the Green Gypsy (KA 03 M 6733) which had it's engine mounts loosened.

Just wanted to let you know that though it might have not made it on those rocks for this event. It had conquered them earlier.

Pardus...
Old 6th November 2008, 20:50   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pardus View Post
Hi Guys!
This is my first post to Team BHP though I have been watching the posts for a long time.

A great off-roading in deed and a wonderful place to do so. I have not been into specific offroading trip like what you guys are doing, but have lived through some of these experiences.

I was curious to know the owner of the Green Gypsy (KA 03 M 6733) which had it's engine mounts loosened.

Just wanted to let you know that though it might have not made it on those rocks for this event. It had conquered them earlier.

Pardus...
Pardus,

Green Gypsy belong to Rajagopalan Achu. He was first timer on Off roading. He could not make it to the top of rock because the hub lock was not functioning ok. Now he has fixed it and ready for next OTR.

Did not understand, "Just wanted to let you know that though it might have not made it on those rocks for this event. It had conquered them earlier".

Dwarak
Old 6th November 2008, 20:53   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaraka View Post
Did not understand, "Just wanted to let you know that though it might have not made it on those rocks for this event. It had conquered them earlier".
Guess he means he is aware of that vehicle and it has attended some other OTRs before. May be he himself the previous owner
Old 6th November 2008, 21:38   #143
BHPian

Yes mjothi you are right in a way. I could recognise this Gypsy on the very first photo where Dwarka was fixing the engine.
I was not the legal owner of the vehicle but was the lucky one to be in it's driver seat almost all the time. This Gypsy belonged to my friend Chaitra and do recollect him metioning Rajagopalan as the new owner. I was in Mysore when Raja took it's possesion, so could not meet him. Infact my eyes were full of tears the moment I saw it's photo. She was with us for 3-4 years and has traversed some of the toughest jungles of Karnataka.

Few of such moments were to aide us to reach those rocks to help us shoot the Vultures nesting on the same Ramdevara Betta.

Pardus..
Old 6th November 2008, 22:15   #144
BHPian

Ok guys,
here is the Tv9Report of the event.
The compression quality is pretty lousy on youtube. But i have the dump .mpg of 600Mb. So, i can burn a CD and give a copy to those who wants to archive the good quality version.

regards
Krishna.
Old 7th November 2008, 06:48   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittigadu View Post
Ok guys,
here is the Tv9Report of the event.
The compression quality is pretty lousy on Youtube. But i have the dump .mpg of 600Mb. So, i can burn a CD and give a copy to those who wants to archive the good quality version.

regards
Krishna.
Thats really great Kittu. But again, is this not copyright issue? Not sure if Youtube will kepp this.
Old 7th November 2008, 09:45   #146
BHPian

so,
watch it before its gone
BTW, youtube says one can upload tv shows when you have done them. does that also hold true when we are in the show.

Krishna
Old 7th November 2008, 17:15   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes mjothi you are right in a way. I could recognise this Gypsy on the very first photo where Dwarka was fixing the engine.
I was not the legal owner of the vehicle but was the lucky one to be in it's driver seat almost all the time. This Gypsy belonged to my friend Chaitra and do recollect him metioning Rajagopalan as the new owner. I was in Mysore when Raja took it's possesion, so could not meet him. Infact my eyes were full of tears the moment I saw it's photo. She was with us for 3-4 years and has traversed some of the toughest jungles of Karnataka.

Few of such moments were to aide us to reach those rocks to help us shoot the Vultures nesting on the same Ramdevara Betta.

Pardus..
Pardus,

Can Understand the of parting something dear. However, It is nice to know that this gypsy is not new to Off roading.

Join us for next off roading.

Dwarak
Old 23rd January 2009, 00:43   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by star_aqua View Post
This point where we quenched our thirst with a can of beer and till here Andy took the driver's seat in my jeep from the railway crossing.
Attachment 62113
After having a can of beer i took the driver's seat and had to reach this point[here Khan is pointing out the OTR spots around].
Attachment 62114
now my jeep was acting crazy in 4Low. loosing the traction at every point!! i was wondering if a CAN of beer could make such a difference in my driving. Somehow reached the destination with Andy's direction.
Attachment 62115
now got down and checked the free wheeling hubs. Damm!! it was not locked
is it safe offroading
Old 23rd January 2009, 14:42   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
is it safe safe offroading?

Ofcourse it is safe to do offroading. but not with alcohol.

follow the clear instructions from guide, no probs.

Dwarak
Old 24th January 2009, 19:42   #150
BHPian

aaaaa... aren't the modified gypsy and black jeep while reversing back from the top of rock doing it all wrong. Instead of locking their wheels by braking shouldn't they put it into reverse low and let it crawl back. Infact in one of the attempts the gypsy goes back sliding sideways with wheels locks and driver not being able to give it directions. I got pretty scared by just seeing it, I guess it might have been very scary to there first hand.
Can anyone throw some more light on this?

cheers
vishwas

Most Viewed