Team-BHP - Tata Safari 4x4 at Rohtang Pass/Manali
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Excursions (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-excursions/)
-   -   Tata Safari 4x4 at Rohtang Pass/Manali (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-excursions/47969-tata-safari-4x4-rohtang-pass-manali.html)

I took my Safari VX 4WD to Rohtang Pass in Himachal Pardesh few days back.
On my way to manali I tested on rocks on river side..
Then on snow in rohtang pass...

YouTube - TATA SAFARI 2.2 4WD

YouTube - Tata Safari 2.2 4WD

At night we went to rohtang pass. Roads were very slippery due to snow fall.
YouTube - Tata Safari 2.2 4WD driving on snow at night

My 2 paisa worth : Lovely pictures and amazing vid. What sort of temprature?

Aman, wonderful pics & video; why no sound?

This deserves a separate thread methinks!

So did you go where nobody else could go?

Nice.

Dont you think that visiting Rohtang was a little bit like pushing your luck a bit,agreed you had a 4X4 but still roads can be quite slippery and can give rise to some scary moments.

At night? I presume it was to test your four wheel drive and not to see the view :). Nice vehicle to have on that road. PS on those switchbacks is a real difference maker.

Nice video's, it would be interesting to know your experience with ABS in the snow, IF you noticed anything.

temperature was really cold coz freezing winds were blowing

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 1028248)
So did you go where nobody else could go?

yes at night nobody was daring to go up because of snow fall. most of the vehicles of local people were coming back. many of them asked us to go back if without a 4wd. I really loved driving there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay4587 (Post 1028270)
Nice.

Dont you think that visiting Rohtang was a little bit like pushing your luck a bit,agreed you had a 4X4 but still roads can be quite slippery and can give rise to some scary moments.

I love adventure, taking risk. Last year I wisited manali in october with my Hyundai Getz. Went to rohtang pass at night around 12 am. There our car stuck on frozen ice. there we spend whole night . In the morning a local vehicle helped us to get out. So this time with a 4wd we were more confident..

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyDan (Post 1028341)
At night? I presume it was to test your four wheel drive and not to see the view :). Nice vehicle to have on that road. PS on those switchbacks is a real difference maker.

No it was not just to test 4wd. We also wanted to see the fresh snow on road. The view was really beautiful. Barely road was visible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dadu (Post 1028358)
Nice video's, it would be interesting to know your experience with ABS in the snow, IF you noticed anything.

I hardly experienced it. Beacuse at night I used very light brakes. At which the ABS does starts. at places off the road during the day i tested i by pressing hard brakes. Then they worked nicely not letting the wheels stick.

Water flowing on river stones on road.
An excavator working on road .

My bro driving first time in slow. In last 30 secs of the video check out how its suspension balances this bull.
YouTube - Tata Safari 2.2 4WD in snow

Some more pics of safari and road to rohatang at night..

Super stuff Aman!! I hope to do this someday. :)

pics of safari on the way to manali

awesome stuff, great adventure and really nice pics of the safari.

The road to Rohtang is being widen into a double lane ,I had been there 3 weeks ago.While for most part it is pretty straight forward driving with very lil dramatics if you know your machine and drive safe. The snowline then was pretty much in and around Rohtang itself and not very further down.
cheers
jammy

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay4587 (Post 1028270)
Nice.

little more dirt on the white beast would have made it real sexy..

Very nice pics of a great snow escape(if you can call that!!)