Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2008, 21:45   #1
Senior - BHPian

Jawadhu Hills RECCE - VIDEOs, Photos and Blog

Hi BHPians,

Not sure if I have posted a message in the past (no clue how to search my own old messages) but I'm from chennai and member here since April 2006. Many of the JT guys here know me well referred as "Sivakumar Balasubramanian" the Mahindra Classic jeeper.

First I would like to thank Sharath (Samurai) for unbanning my user id (banned for unknown reasons).

Coming to the subject, I would like to share videos and photos that we captured during our last Jawadhu Hills RECCE with you guys.

You Tube:

Flickr:
Jawadhu RECCE1 - a set on Flickr

Not sure if I can post my blog address here, hence not posting it. If someone interested in reading our trip info PM me guys.

-Siva

Last edited by Rehaan : 16th November 2008 at 18:10. Reason: Please avoid public discussions of moderator activities, as per the rules. Thanks. (Cool video!)
Old 16th November 2008, 01:27   #2
Team-BHP Support

Welcome Siva, good to see you here. We generally don't allow linking blogs because that takes the readers away from the forum and the discussion doesn't remain here. Also, many have tried to generate traffic to their blog by repeatedly advertising their blog links here. So we don't allow that anymore.

You are however welcome to post your travelogue here, that will attract lot more viewership and discussion. Members may be interested to learn that your OTR recce was unique, you went were no automobile has gone before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trammway View Post
First I would like to thank Sharath (Samurai) for unbanning my user id (banned for unknown reasons).
You are welcome, but you were not really banned, I think the membership was in unapproved state.
Old 16th November 2008, 15:46   #3
BHPian

Nice!! Really liked the 540 crawling on the rocks..

Last edited by Rehaan : 16th November 2008 at 18:09. Reason: Please avoid typing in ALL CAPS. Thanks.
Old 16th November 2008, 18:22   #4
BHPian

Liked the MM540 crawling up the hill & other Jeeps also, That Prowler is awsome (I think its of Owner of JeepThrills forum).

& may be because of that extra bullgaurd, that Classic got stuck while rivercrossing.

Nice videocheers:
Old 16th November 2008, 20:21   #5
Senior - BHPian

All the three members (including me in my classic) are JT members and this is the place we are discussing yet not finalized for annual meet.
Old 17th November 2008, 00:30   #6
BHPian

That was a nicely made video!

Btw, how did you get permission to get in the forest? Some internal contacts?
Old 17th November 2008, 11:37   #7
Senior - BHPian

HI siva,

post the pics seperately. It will make reading and watching more interesting!!! Why dont you start a thread called chennai off roading (name iof the thread is at your discretion) so that u can paste the pics of recent TADA trip there?

I too can contribute to the thread by adding some pics from previously held OTR's down south.
Old 17th November 2008, 12:53   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
u can paste the pics of recent TADA trip there?
The Tada trip yesterday was boring, IMO. I was there, had a drink and returned back!

Sad, if we dont plan our offroad properly!
Old 17th November 2008, 13:16   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad_maniac View Post
That Prowler is awsome (I think its of Owner of JeepThrills forum).
@O_M, the Prowler belongs to Dr. Jones. Btw, he is not the owner of Jeep Thrills forum, Check out some more gyaan on that JEEP in Samurai's report on Off Road Training at Kelambakkam.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-of...am-quarry.html

Interestingly when I was searching for CJ3Bs in India, I got this article about the Prowler. Its a CJ3B in disguise. Nice work done by Dr. Jones

The Hindu : Metro Plus Chennai / Wheels : A civilian in military fatigues
Old 17th November 2008, 13:49   #10
Senior - BHPian

Nice video there, full of jungle sounds & what not.
Old 17th November 2008, 14:15   #11
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

I'm sure the initial time of TADA yesterday was little slow, but we really enjoyed the offroad that happen after the lunch. We got into the water stream and moved along the water till we touched the paddy fields where the water taken for agriculture.

I know headers got bored as he rushed off immediately, but I would suggest he should engage in the offroad at least in the first place.

I'm bit lazy to keep posting the same write-up that were posted in my blog and flickr in here.

@Iswear,

Yes, I did get permission from DFO of Tiruvannamalai for the trip. I got some hold in the forest department through my father who was an ex-BDO in Jawadhu.

Last edited by Samurai : 17th November 2008 at 14:28.
Old 17th November 2008, 14:42   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
The Tada trip yesterday was boring, IMO. I was there, had a drink and returned back!

Sad, if we dont plan our offroad properly!

Isaw the pics, they spoke otherwise....may be they were shot well Siva can still go ahead and post few pics from the TADA trip what ever little bit of offroading was done.
Old 17th November 2008, 17:04   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trammway View Post
I know headers got bored as he rushed off immediately, but I would suggest he should engage in the offroad at least in the first place.
Thanks for your advice, i dont believe in engaging in off road if the terrain is not challenging. Its a waste of time and it spoils one's vehicle.

Good that you had fun!
Old 17th November 2008, 17:23   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trammway
Why would you suggest something to a Palar Challenge winner and a seasoned off-roader?
Maybe the tada OTR didn't entice "Fernando Alonso"(referring to your offroad driving style,vikram )
Old 17th November 2008, 17:55   #15
Senior - BHPian

@nitrous

You mean to give suggestion I need to hold BHPian tag next to my avatar... I'm newbie here but not for Jeeps. come on dude

First of all I'm a self learner and I got my fingers burnt with my first Willys CJ2A then moved to my project to build my Classic.

Ever since my classic is built almost at all the weekends I'm in game with the toy.

I have posted another reply with some pics of the OTR from external links (only img links) not sure why it didn't appear here, anyway just an example picture of what was happening yesterday...
Attached Thumbnails
Jawadhu Hills RECCE - VIDEOs, Photos and Blog-download12.jpg  

Last edited by Samurai : 17th November 2008 at 18:08.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks