Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2009, 12:27   #91
VEA
BHPian

ANy one been to nelliampathy in kerala? I've been there recently and cannot stop admiring those taxi jeep drivers there. They will take you to a view point called manpara an back in thier 4wd jeeps. the 7km stretch may not be as trecherous as some of these OTRs here, but what shocks you is the condition of thier jeeps. they are the majors with stock tyres. and most of them dont have a single mm of thread left on it! all four worn out tyres! and they do this trick even in the rainy season slush! truly awesome!
Old 2nd January 2009, 12:27   #92
Sha
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaraka View Post
Sha,

Which is this glazing vehicle? Looks too good

Dwarak
Thats Russian GAS Jeep fitted with tempo traveller engine.
Old 2nd January 2009, 18:58   #93
BHPian

Dear All,

I had postedthe below mail yesterday on the Jeep Thrills site.

Firstly wishing you & your family a very happy new year from Suresh ,Giri, Vivek & my self,
Hope you all had a wonderful time last year with all the up & downs to remember & forget,
On the first day of this month again to disappoint you all there has been a change in the plan on the venue of the OTR,
This is the final plan & there will be no more changes. This has been done in discussion with the Mods at Chennai & Bangalore looking at the terrain & the weather,

The Jawadhu OTR will be done later,
More over we will be having jeepers form Mangalore, Hyderabad , Chennai & Kerala,
The final planned place is MUNNAR.
The starting date of leaving from Bangalore is Friday 23rd Jan @ 4.00AM , the distance from Bangalore is quite long & we will be climbing the munnar hills from the north side & we have to reach the Munnar town, we need to be in the town before it is dark & this is for to avoid fog & mist, it is very difficult to drive once it is dark & the visibility is absolute zero, the place is very cold , so please be prepared for that, please carry warm clothes & blankets for the night,
On Saturday 24th Mahindra is organizing the Great Escape, we can take part in this event, 4 members per jeep & this includes break fast & lunch with unlimited drinks, they charge 2500/ jeep, the route for Great escape is different & is through a estate,
Here we will also focus on promoting Jeep Thrills who will be there & haven’t head of Jeep Thrills,
On Sunday 25th will be Jeep Thrills event this will be on a new route from Munnar to Kodaikanal, Again emphasizing that this not the old route, we will be doing a part of the route, as we will not be able complete the entire stretch,
On Monday 26th we will head back home,
I have spoken to Satish, Sam & John from kerala, they are there to gives all the support required, from the starting to the end of this event,

John is based at Munnar, he is into tourism & had organized the stay for the Kerala Jeep thrills members three week ago, and I had a very long discussion with him on the stay & food,
He will also help us with regards to the route & I will be asking M&M to give us the backing of mechanics for our event too,

The place has good numbers of rooms & we can accommodate four members in a room comfortably, on the Stay & food will advise you the amount once this is confirmed. In my next mail, once confirmed you will have to send the advance, as it is tourist place & booking once done is not refundable if you want to cancel your trip.

On the recovery, couple of our jeeps will be having winches & Hi lift jacks for the rescue, as mentioned earlier please carry Oil, fuel & spares for the trip.

My personal request please be on time any delay will hamper the complete schedule, Please fill fuel in advance, & try avoiding for small breaks, we will stop for breakfast & lunch,

Any break down we will have the back up for the same with two jeeps to take care & the rest will keep moving, towards the destination,
My best advise is to have your Jeep check if it can travel this long distance, if it can, then have it check thoroughly, The most important is the radiator , as it will heat up once you start climbing the Ghats,

Please check the tyres, very important, any bald tyres will lead you into trouble, & I am sure you will not enjoy the trip,

Very important is that all of us will maintain discipline as we will be in kerala, & don’t want locals to create a fuss with us,

Please note munnar is a plastic free zone, don’t litter & dirty the place, what ever your thrash generated, should be safe in your own Jeep & not outside the jeep,

On the driving discipline, Please follow the instructions when given to you, it is best & we don’t want you to spoil your jeep & your day,

Till then take care & start confirming, the last day to confirm is 7th Jan, Once confirmed please don’t cancel as the place will be booked for you,

Please also confirm the number of people accompanying, any addition latter will be an issue,

Till then take care & best regards

Vinay Thomas
Jeep Thrills Moderator
+91 9342265775
Suresh Stephen - +91 948352441
Jeep Thrills Moderator
Giri-+919845062210
Jeep Thrills Moderator
H B Vivek - +919845166246
Jeep Thrills Moderator

Bangalore Jeep thrills

Last edited by Samurai : 2nd January 2009 at 19:04. Reason: removed font tags
Old 4th January 2009, 11:27   #94
Sha
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ3b View Post

Till then take care & start confirming, the last day to confirm is 7th Jan, Once confirmed please don’t cancel as the place will be booked for you,

Please also confirm the number of people accompanying, any addition latter will be an issue,

Till then take care & best regards

Vinay Thomas
Jeep Thrills Moderator
+91 9342265775
Suresh Stephen - +91 948352441
Jeep Thrills Moderator
Giri-+919845062210
Jeep Thrills Moderator
H B Vivek - +919845166246
Jeep Thrills Moderator

Bangalore Jeep thrills
Vinay I am in for Munnar OTR, I need accomadation for 3 persons. My name is already in excel spreadsheet.
Old 4th January 2009, 17:20   #95
rippergeo

@CJ3b- For people from Cochin, would it be ok if we turned up on the morning of the 25th? Would the OTR be done by evening/nightfall on the same day?

Old 4th January 2009, 18:04   #96
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
@CJ3b- For people from Cochin, would it be ok if we turned up on the morning of the 25th? Would the OTR be done by evening/nightfall on the same day?
No problem man, that's what non-Mahindra offroaders will be doing.
Old 5th January 2009, 11:26   #97
BHPian

Dear Rejo,

It up to you how you manage timing,

See that you are there on time, it upto yyou for tyo stay back, you can always manage your stay on your own too,

regards
Vinay thomas
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
No problem man, that's what non-Mahindra offroaders will be doing.
Old 5th January 2009, 12:09   #98
Team-BHP Support

What is the start time on 25th? And how long it takes from Cochin to Munnar? I think those times have to be taken into consideration.
Old 5th January 2009, 14:28   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha View Post
Who does this interesting Jeep makeover belong too? What's the base vehicle? It looks like it has parts of a VW Beetle in it and a whole lot more.

EDIT: Whoops sorry, just figured from a following post that it's a Russian GAZ with a Tempo Traveller engine.

Cheers,
RP

Last edited by Roshun : 5th January 2009 at 14:29. Reason: Found the answer
Old 5th January 2009, 16:37   #100
BHPian

Dear Sharath,

We wil be starting by 6.30AM without fail, we have decided that it is sheer waste of time waiting, for the late comers it actually delay's the program,

Regards
Vinay thomas
-------------------------------------------

Quote:
What is the start time on 25th? And how long it takes from Cochin to Munnar? I think those times have to be taken into consideration.
Old 5th January 2009, 17:53   #101
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ3b View Post
We wil be starting by 6.30AM without fail, we have decided that it is sheer waste of time waiting, for the late comers it actually delay's the program
That means rippergeo can't drive in from Cochin in the morning, unless he can start at 3AM.
Old 5th January 2009, 19:27   #102
rippergeo

Quote:
That means rippergeo can't drive in from Cochin in the morning, unless he can start at 3AM.
I will start at 3.00AM, probably earlier. If that is not happening, I'll turn up the night before.
@Vinay-How far in advance do I have to let you know if I need accommodation for the night of the 24th?

Old 5th January 2009, 21:03   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
I will start at 3.00AM, probably earlier. If that is not happening, I'll turn up the night before.
I take it you've furnished the doghouse now?
Old 5th January 2009, 21:37   #104
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
I take it you've furnished the doghouse now?
Yes, and its JCB proof! Its even got a rose garden around it.

Old 6th January 2009, 14:25   #105
Sha
BHPian

Ayurcounty/chancellor resort photos

Posting photos of Ayurcounty resort.

Jeep thrills - Munnar offroading-dpp_0007.jpg

Jeep thrills - Munnar offroading-dpp_0009.jpg

Jeep thrills - Munnar offroading-dpp_0012.jpg

Jeep thrills - Munnar offroading-dpp_0013.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks