Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2008, 00:04   #226
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91 View Post
Pavan, trust me just make a date/plan and everyone will join.
Had been to your place last week, saw your parked Baleno but could not meet you. Some weekend of mid Jan is what i feel is the right time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Oh man.. you are really desperate to 'come'. I suggest that you 'hold on' a bit before you 'come'

jokes apart, I see no planned OTR for the next 2 weeks at least. I think people are done with OTR's for 2008 now as quite a few folks are planning vacation during the next week or 2.
Maybe if someone plans one, folks will fore sure join -- as iceman has mentioned.

PS: @PAVAN: just kidding man. Don't take the post seriously.

Cheers,
Khan bhai,

This time i am serious, let me know the date of the OTR. I'll be there a day before.

Jan mid would be the ideal time as per your quote above.
Old 22nd December 2008, 13:06   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Heard during a recent OTR:
"Guys, you are not jerking together. Come on, jerk together "

I am, of course, referring to the synchronization of 2 4x4s trying to pull a stuck 4x4 out.

Dirty guys (like PP says; PP as in Porky Pig not THE PP)
MR simpleman, i am sure you have noticed that it WORKS!
Old 22nd December 2008, 13:27   #228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestraveller View Post
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...39-medium-.jpg

I may be over reacting here but wouldn't one think think this is a little overboard for someone without a roll cage to attempt a climb like this?just imagine a flip here..
The Jeep will not flip. The Indian jeeps are highly underpowered or should i say "mildly powered" for one to experience that kind of "throw out" that you imagine.

Please sit in a jeep during such a climb to experience and nullify your fears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Yes it is dangerous. Period. And the person who is doing it is doing it at his or her own risk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post

Dirty guys (like PP says; PP as in Porky Pig not THE PP)
Now, Am getting curious as to who this "Porky Pig" is
Old 22nd December 2008, 14:24   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
The Jeep will not flip. The Indian jeeps are highly underpowered or should i say "mildly powered" for one to experience that kind of "throw out" that you imagine.

Please sit in a jeep during such a climb to experience and nullify your fears.

Now, Am getting curious as to who this "Porky Pig" is
the flip can be sideways also , and a sideways flip has nothing to with the power of the jeeps , and a sideways flip is just as dangerous
Old 22nd December 2008, 14:38   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddartha View Post
the flip can be sideways also , and a sideways flip has nothing to with the power of the jeeps , and a sideways flip is just as dangerous
Thank you sir for educating me!
Old 22nd December 2008, 14:47   #231
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestraveller View Post
I may be over reacting here but wouldn't one think think this is a little overboard for someone without a roll cage to attempt a climb like this?
Genuine concern and everytime i see these pics, its like someone might get injured soon with the kind of enthusiasm mixed with lack of experience.

No one even wears seatbelts. One will surely break his teeth if they attempt to get down that slope with the departure angle not sufficient. The bumper hits the ground and bump..ouch.

But what do i know.
Old 22nd December 2008, 15:54   #232
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Genuine concern and everytime i see these pics, its like someone might get injured soon with the kind of enthusiasm mixed with lack of experience.

No one even wears seatbelts. One will surely break his teeth if they attempt to get down that slope with the departure angle not sufficient. The bumper hits the ground and bump..ouch.

But what do i know.
You learn out of experience sometimes. On an OTR last year, I took the slow route into a slush-pond which had smallish walls on all sides. That did not work, and then I decided to do the fast way (4wd high 2nd gear) and I just hit a spot on the bottom so hard, the steering wheel just turned with horrible force (because my axles do not have a tensioner) and unfortunately I had gripped the wheel like how you would with a normal car.

And what have you? A very very bruised thumb :(
Old 22nd December 2008, 16:39   #233
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
And what have you? A very very bruised thumb :(
Ewww...... You havent mastered the steering wheel grip for an OTR yet?

Its the most common injury, you were lucky i have seen badly broken thumbs.
Old 22nd December 2008, 17:11   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you sir for educating me!
sir , please dont mistake me , thats just my opinion , but there have been times when the jeeps are stuck in awkward situations/ angles/positions where we have held on to jeeps and pulled it or pushed it thinking it may tip over with the driver inside.
Old 22nd December 2008, 20:04   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddartha View Post
sir , please dont mistake me , thats just my opinion , but there have been times when the jeeps are stuck in awkward situations/ angles/positions where we have held on to jeeps and pulled it or pushed it thinking it may tip over with the driver inside.
Yes I understand and have done the same initially. Infact it is more so in Hardtop vehicles than the soft top ones.

The CJ3Bs / Willys MB have such a good dimension that it is not easy to topple them even at awkward angles.

We've had 10 guys hold on to the lift side of a jeep in vain. The fact is to understand the vehicle lifts and correct the steering accordingly.

Its OK, I dont mistake you
Old 23rd December 2008, 10:59   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
..The CJ3Bs / Willys MB have such a good dimension that it is not easy to topple them even at awkward angles...
I can very well relate my recent experience in my very 1st OTR. I was sitting in a CJ3B, which was revving up and down in an awkward angle. Everytime I had the feeling that its going to topple and finally after the 3rd attempt, I jumped out to soothen my nerves But later on, the experienced ones told the same thing: it seems like that, but it doesn't happen so easily
Old 23rd December 2008, 11:40   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The fact is to understand the vehicle lifts and correct the steering accordingly.
Hey headers,
Can you explain how does this happen? I havent flipped my jeep yet....failed to understand why?
Old 23rd December 2008, 12:20   #238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

But what do i know.

Spitfire,

Shubh Shubh bholo yaar. Keep your fear to yourselves. Let people enjoy the thrill of jeeping. Been in OTR for over 5 years, never had anybody got hurt or jeeps turned turtle.

We are not doing the off roading without safety in mind. We know when to stop overdoing. I have given you repeated invite to join the OTR.

BTW jeep flipping or turning turtle is very rear, because of its articulation and centre of gravity. Jeeper should have faith in his vehicle and performance not fear psychosis. Else, should not go for jeeping.

Please stop scaring people.

Dwarak
Old 23rd December 2008, 12:30   #239
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Ewww...... You havent mastered the steering wheel grip for an OTR yet?

Its the most common injury, you were lucky i have seen badly broken thumbs.
Make that very lucky. Sometimes you make the stupidest mistakes, and its those that will haunt you badly. This one was a very very stupid mistake, and I had gripped the wheels hard (because of no seat belts + I was going fast + no doors to the jeep + completely open and the steering seemed the only form of security I had from spilling out). All this inspite of knowing very well of the consequences. Reflexes take over the in the most horrible situations. Thats when the mind needs to take control. An OTR is all about the mind.

Just to give you an idea...see my right hand and the thumb sticking out
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore OTR: Off Sarjapur Raod: 14th Dec 2008. Wana Join?-stuck.jpg  

Old 23rd December 2008, 12:34   #240
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaraka View Post
Please stop scaring people.
Ok i will not talk about safety from now on.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks