Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2008, 18:12   #196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Army steel toe shoes for 400 bucks. Not caterpillars for 4000 bucks.
These are also commonly referred to as industrial boots. They are typically steel toed black leather with a dark green sole. They used to be commonly available in the industrial supply stores around SP Road & SJP Road.
Old 18th December 2008, 18:27   #197
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
These are also commonly referred to as industrial boots.
They are called something else too. Cant remember... I had one pair when in NCC Navy.
Old 18th December 2008, 18:29   #198
Senior - BHPian

Vikram,
still available or else get the ones like i have
Old 18th December 2008, 18:31   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91 View Post
Vikram,
still available or else get the ones like i have
Saar, for lifting your shoes itself we will need a hi-lift jack.
Old 18th December 2008, 18:38   #200
Senior - BHPian

LOL !!!
now you are exaggerating a little too much..
Old 18th December 2008, 21:03   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddartha View Post
u made up for that by givin him the beers, of which i drank half , but really are u the only one carrying any kind of first aid kit on the otrs , we should all carry one!

Siddharth,

Am equipped for all eventualities excepting having tow rope and winch.

Need to buy tow rope at earliest.

Dwarak
Old 18th December 2008, 21:08   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddartha View Post
dwarak sir , i am not contesting anyone's views , i am just trying to say what really happened there
My friend, Where is the contesting question. I was agreeing to spitfire's opinion, in right spirit. Which is apt.

Dwarak
Old 18th December 2008, 22:57   #203
BHPian

well,
After the mud bath, i only got the body washed. Didn't check anything else. Are there any other things i have to get checked. Like the water leak in differential, gearbox as discussed here. Is there a way to find out without opening them up.

I have started a new thread. Please post your views here to help understand our vehicles better and in making a happy and safe OTR experience.

Quote:
I was like a grand buffet. Eat as much as you want. Oops, get stuck as much as you can and wherever you can
hey MJ, i couldn't stop laughing man.
Quote:
That is not one chappal, but a pair! What will I do with just one! I still remember the look on the face of my wife when I walked in with no footwear and the dirt on the trousers I had worn!
i bet this time you would have gone home only on your inner wear.. I was telling my friend about our previous slush encounter and your chappal. Should have tied the other chappal to the bumper like the truckers.

Regards
Krishna.
Old 18th December 2008, 23:08   #204
BANNED

Kitti, you got the body washed? I drove the Safari, untouched by water since Sunday's OTR till yesterday morning and man, people were giving me dirty looks. Some of them turned up their noses but we know why.
Old 19th December 2008, 07:47   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
I drove the Safari, untouched by water since Sunday's OTR till yesterday morning and man,
Hrishi, please give a complete water wash after any slush event! This is to ensure that all lubricating points are lubricated and the vehicle runs smoother. Ofcourse this is more pertaining to jeeps that have one too many nipples under the chassis.

The TS may be different! Its better to check the underchassis atleast!
Old 19th December 2008, 08:05   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Hrishi, please give a complete water wash after any slush event! This is to ensure that all lubricating points are lubricated and the vehicle runs smoother. Ofcourse this is more pertaining to jeeps that have one too many nipples under the chassis.

The TS may be different! Its better to check the underchassis atleast!
I guess he was wating for the service and its given for that. Should have be taken care now I guess.

Hrag, expecting the 50K review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Proper report will follow in time. Our reporter was there with his Aveo and I'm sure he'll put a detailed one here soon. This was my very first experience with these people on OTR. I'm happy to pull out some shots today.

Introductory muck made by Mrs K_S for others to suffer..

Mr K_S tries to justify that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Mrs K_S sharing the same kitchen.
Rudra,
The water splashing looks like it so real that we feel to clean the monitor. Awesome shots.

In all the talks and bashing in this thread, I guess no one noticed by request.

When is the next Photoshoot Seems it needs a new thread :-)

Last edited by Rehaan : 19th December 2008 at 10:56. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the MULTIQUOTE button instead of making multiple consecutive posts in the same thread.
Old 19th December 2008, 08:14   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittigadu View Post
... i bet this time you would have gone home only on your inner wear.. I was telling my friend about our previous slush encounter and your chappal. Should have tied the other chappal to the bumper like the truckers...
Hey Krishna,

Maybe you should start marking these bounties on your ride, like what we see on those American fighter jet movies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Kitti, you got the body washed? I drove the Safari, untouched by water since Sunday's OTR till yesterday morning and man, people were giving me dirty looks. Some of them turned up their noses but we know why.
Can we have a photo of the beast as-is now?
Old 19th December 2008, 13:36   #208
BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...39-medium-.jpg

I may be over reacting here but wouldn't one think think this is a little overboard for someone without a roll cage to attempt a climb like this?just imagine a flip here.. regardless of the slope or the distance to be covered ...or be it that I have never driven a M&M ever ..and seen too many rock crawlers(with much powerful engines)..that fact is your vehicle can over turn even if if you were trying to over come a minor slope/ rock / rocky-terrain troubles me. As i said I may be over reacting but I wdn't try it without a roll cage.. any comments?
Old 19th December 2008, 13:38   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
You use wading plugs to plug in all holes through which water can either enter the gearbox or the clutch housing. Water entering the differential is "okay" as long as its clean flowing water. God help you if you get stuck in muddy water. All that mud will collect at the bottom of the housing and fill up. Drain the oil immediatlely and fill in fresh oil.

Secondly, if water enters the gearbox its still okay. Its okay as long as you move into the stream in the gear that you think will help you clear the entire stream. If you engage the clutch and change gears midway, water will get in and flood the clutch. Thereafter the clutch will not have enough friction to engage with your engine flywheel and drive you out of the water. Yeah, learnt it the hard way. Guess everybody does.

Army steel toe shoes for 400 bucks. Not caterpillars for 4000 bucks Buying a jeep and getting head on into this hobby does not give you much leeway to spend on much else.
how does the water eneter the diff , arent there like already oils seals ( if they are preventing the oil from getting out , they will prevent water from getting in) right? i dont know , lemme know , and more details abt the wading plugs pls ,
Old 19th December 2008, 13:59   #210
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestraveller View Post
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...39-medium-.jpg

I may be over reacting here but wouldn't one think think this is a little overboard for someone without a roll cage to attempt a climb like this?just imagine a flip here.. regardless of the slope or the distance to be covered ...or be it that I have never driven a M&M ever ..and seen too many rock crawlers(with much powerful engines)..that fact is your vehicle can over turn even if if you were trying to over come a minor slope/ rock / rocky-terrain troubles me. As i said I may be over reacting but I wdn't try it without a roll cage.. any comments?
Yes it is dangerous. Period. And the person who is doing it is doing it at his or her own risk.

Most Viewed