Water, Refreshments & Lunch
Make adequate provisions of the following for the passengers in your 4x4
  • Drinking Water
  • Snacks and short eats
  • Packed Lunch

Fuel and Essentials
  • Top-up the radiator before leaving home and carry a Water Can for reserve
  • Refuel before onset; Fuel Pump at Manneguda
  • Make sure you have tools, essential spares & cable/rope in case of a breakdown
  • Carry Warm Jacket and other protective gear

Trip Tips
  • Maintain steady speed & avoid overtaking on the trail
  • Have at least one fellow Jeeper in close range during off road session
  • Take precautions for the safety of fellow Jeepers and your own
  • Maintain a certain gap between each jeep while climbing and descending

Jeep Thrills requests you to keep the environment litter free at all times

Shams Ahmed – 98661 33639
shamsuddin.ahmed@gmail.com
Old 23rd December 2008, 17:41   #2
BHPian

Count me in Shams Bhai. - MM540
Old 23rd December 2008, 17:45   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey Shams, all the best and knowing your organizational skills I am sure this will be a cracker of an OTR.

Look forward to lots of action pictures & reports from all the participants. Hyderabad has the 'best' maintained jeeps in India and it's always a pleasure to see these wonderful 4x4's in action.

Cheers,
Old 23rd December 2008, 21:00   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wads78 View Post
Count me in Shams Bhai. - MM540
Brilliant Wadood, thats absolutely smashing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Hey Shams, all the best and knowing your organizational skills I am sure this will be a cracker of an OTR.

Look forward to lots of action pictures & reports from all the participants. Hyderabad has the 'best' maintained jeeps in India and it's always a pleasure to see these wonderful 4x4's in action.

Cheers,
Thank you for the kind words Shahnawaz, Hyderabad has a lot of passionate Jeepers, this OTR will be a small one in terms of number of 4x4s, its mostly for our friends from TeamBHP. However there are good things in store at Ananthgiri Hills and Tirumalapur. Ananthgiri Hills was a summer retreat during Nizam's rule in Hyderabad and is nicknamed the 'Ooty of AP', though not a fair comparison but the Hyderabadi starved of beautiful nature spots close to home seldom refutes the claim.

Hyderabad Off Road-ananthil.jpg
The hills are also considered to be the point of origin of River Musi that flows through Hyderabad. The main table top mountain with its stark red trails has some good opportunity for mild offroading, there are smaller hills abutting that are snaked by shallow ravines with rounded rocks in the bed under a green canopy. Climbing up these trails would prove to be a good exercise for our men and machines. This is besides the many grass covered hills that dot the area and accord a magnificent view once peaked.

Hyderabad Off Road-trail.jpg

The best way to water down in the hills is to conclude with a trip to the Silver Lake nearby, the grassy banks seamlessly blend into the silvery water unless there is a 'bovine' intervention

Click here for more on Ananthgiri Hills
Old 23rd December 2008, 22:01   #5
BHPian

hey shams, all the best for what i hope is going to be an awesome OTR.

A word of caution though, the cops there aren't very accommodating. Ran into them the last time Id been there and found out, the hard way, they do like to harass.
Old 23rd December 2008, 23:06   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalrider View Post
hey shams, all the best for what i hope is going to be an awesome OTR.

A word of caution though, the cops there aren't very accommodating. Ran into them the last time Id been there and found out, the hard way, they do like to harass.
Thank you for the precautionary note, we have local contacts in the area, we will also be taking a local tracker with us, there are friends who have farmhouses in the vicinity, the Hon' MLA of the area is known to us and was the Chief Guest at our last event, these things would ensure that there is no serious problem or perhaps minimise the 'harassment', but its prudent to not let our guard down and give anyone an opportunity to point a finger as it would leave a sour taste in the mouth, after all its Good Times that we seek
Old 24th December 2008, 09:47   #7
Senior - BHPian

Too Bad, Just last week I sold my Jeep and now this OTR? I will miss the action but will make it up in my next Jeep, Inshallah.. not long from now.
Old 24th December 2008, 09:49   #8
Senior - BHPian

I am in.
@Shams: Is raj attending ?
Old 24th December 2008, 09:55   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Too Bad, Just last week I sold my Jeep and now this OTR?
You mean Sir, you have sold the white one? So now you are planning to live with your upcoming 'sporty' and 'youthful' jeep?
Old 24th December 2008, 10:10   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandisa View Post
You mean Sir, you have sold the white one? So now you are planning to live with your upcoming 'sporty' and 'youthful' jeep?
Yes, it is the white one that I sold last week, The upcoming sporty one I am building is for my cousin, I have to pick up one for myself, by the way I am in Nasik and here I have found a XD3P for sale in the local market, it came off a Bolero and not a Voyager, how can I ascertian the approximate condition (The guy is giving me start demo of it today) and he's quoting 20 thou for it, what should be my offer? Forum guys! help needed on proirority basis.
Old 24th December 2008, 10:22   #11
Senior - BHPian

Oh Fazal, You have sold the white one. I could not reach out due to my son's health issue!

If you do not mind, how much did it go for(you can pM me if you do not want to post it here)
Old 24th December 2008, 10:39   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Too Bad, Just last week I sold my Jeep and now this OTR? I will miss the action but will make it up in my next Jeep, Inshallah.. not long from now.
Fazal Sahab, will be great to have you with us in future OTRs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
I am in.
@Shams: Is raj attending ?
Great. Raj is in Vizag till early next month
Old 25th December 2008, 14:21   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shams View Post
Fazal Sahab, will be great to have you with us in future OTRs
Shams,
Thanks for your invitation, I promise to be there in the future ORT's in my new Jeep (not in sight yet), Inshallah! and surely it would be beyond my expectations as I am fimiliar with the Anantgiri area and love it's scenic beauty.
Regards,
Fazal
Old 28th December 2008, 18:05   #14
BHPian

we had a great OTR yesterday! There were 3 Jeeps two 540s and one Cj3B. The participants were less because of the holiday season and couple of them were out of town.

Overall the terrain was full of rocks and some parts it was thick jungle with red mud... i will let the pictures do the talking.

Have lots of videos and other pics... will upload them soon
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad Off Road-otr-007.jpg  

Hyderabad Off Road-otr-012.jpg  

Hyderabad Off Road-otr-022.jpg  

Hyderabad Off Road-otr-101.jpg  

Hyderabad Off Road-otr-158.jpg  

Hyderabad Off Road-otr-159.jpg  

Hyderabad Off Road-otr-130.jpg  

Last edited by wads78 : 28th December 2008 at 18:07.
Old 28th December 2008, 23:35   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wads78 View Post
we had a great OTR yesterday!
Thanks Wadood, it was a great day indeed. The OTR was covered in two stages, Ananthgiri Hills and Tirumalapur are two great off road locations in a span of 15 kms, each has the potential for a full day activity, but since this was the first time I had invited friends from TeamBHP, the objective was to condense the trails and maximise the fun, therefore we covered the good parts of both these places.

The day started off at around 7 AM and our scheduled assembly point was Manneguda which is equidistant to both our destinations of the day. The road junction at this area connects to some important locations up ahead in that part of the state and is a hub for truckers and highway traffic, however in tolerable density. There is a spartan restaurant that is open 24 hrs and dishes out suburban Hyderabadi food to the hungry travelers, a unique feature about this place is that its kitchen still cooks on firewood and lends its own character to the fare. This place served as the point of breakfast and lunch for our Jeepers and tea, dinner and refreshments through the night for some friends and I who had stayed on

Hyderabad Off Road-1.jpg

This OTR marked the debut of Wadood's newly acquired blue MM540, he has done some good work and is still working on it, as we were about to leave after breakfast, his Jeep's steering came loose. He had equipped himself with a good tool kit as per the OTR plan and was able to fix it himself with a spanner in a few minutes, in fact he kept the spanner handy with him throughout the day and kept correcting the loose nut. It could have been a potential nightmare hadn't it been for his preparedness that served him well.
Karan has been gradually bringing up his yellow 540 from up from a naught in the last few months, shod with Wranglers from my friend's TL4x4, its a decent performer, he has been with me on a couple of OTRs in his jeep and with his enthusiasm and 146 questions per hour has learned well

Hyderabad Off Road-2.jpg

Wadood's little cousin Mohammed was armed with the lens, waiting for pics
more to come

Most Viewed