Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2009, 23:45   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSlow View Post
Hi Guys
Aman & Yogesh - hope you enjoyed your first OTR!
Cheers
Ankit
Yes Ankit I really enjoyed my first OTR, I was not aware that terrain will be so tough. I thank TATA Motors for making such a superb vehicle which is very comfortable and fast on-road and ultimate off-road capabilities besides being heavy and with such a long wheel base. Safari's engine is really powerfull, 140bhp 320NM engine.
Old 23rd February 2009, 10:32   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwaschettri View Post
...That climb doesn't looks that nasty but If sarvinder, romi and shyam all three dint manage to conquer it than it must been very tough. Did anyone finally managed it?
cheers
vishwas
You are right, there were more difficult inclines which people did successfully, but here the culprit was the soft sand. Sarvinder ji had a number of trials, so did Shyam ji. They almost made it, but never could reach the top because of the softness of the sand. The last try Shyamji took was a bit daring one, damaging the number plates, but couldn't manage it.
@Vinod, yeah the paintjob on that 3b is indeed amazing. 'french gray' is the official shade if i remember correctly. It was all original, fresh from the workshop and ran for the 1st time that day. And guess what, it was a limited edition jeep, where the meter assembly was at the right, in stead of middle.

Overall it was a great OTR with considerable number of good jeeps, and the weather up here is still manageable, so had loads of fun. I inhaled quite a good amount of dust! Realizing the effectiveness of a closed cabin as gotzuk has in his gypsy! Last but not the least, the 4x4 safari did spring surprises. Good decision to put BFGoodrich A/T tyres on a safari and Aman you did put up a good show man.
-regards,
Old 23rd February 2009, 13:23   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSlow View Post
Hi Guys

Great Pics and Videos.

Aman & Yogesh - hope you enjoyed your first OTR!

All - itching for the next one??

Cheers
Ankit
Hello Ankit,

Yes it was great. I really like the spirit of members of NIOC, there was so much energy and at the same time reliability. Their offroading skills are the best, it was my pleassure sitting beside them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by randeep04 View Post
Here is a video of the free wheeling Willy's

Cheers!!!!!!
Hey Randeep here is the full episode. Here I would also like to acknoledge Randeep's commendable co-driver's capabilities. It was a team of Aman, Safair and Randeep takeing Sarari through tough routes.

Here's the video. This could be termed as the funniest video in terms of commentary. With no opportunity to pull stuck jeeps so far, any distinct hopes made us happy for the expected job.

And pulling it out.

This one is the final video coming out to our lunch location.

Looking forward to next ORT.

Yogesh
Old 23rd February 2009, 14:16   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwaschettri View Post
Great videos Yogesh, keep them coming. That climb doesn't looks that nasty but If sarvinder, romi and shyam all three dint manage to conquer it than it must been very tough. Did anyone finally managed it?

cheers
vishwas
Dear Vishwas,

Photos are clicked from an angle where at times they are not able to capture the difficulty. 1) This climb was atleast 40ft High, 2) further it was rocky and bouncy where the jeep will bounce up and loose grip. 3) It was tried repeatedly by Sarvinderjee so it had become sandy which again does not allow tyers to grip on the climb.

This was not as easy at it looks in the vedio.

Regds

Amit
Old 23rd February 2009, 16:30   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandisa View Post
I inhaled quite a good amount of dust! Realizing the effectiveness of a closed cabin as gotzuk has in his gypsy! -regards,
Dear Soumen,

The fun of driving offroad is compunded greatly in an open jeep. When I bought my MM540 it was a hardtop vechile. Believe you me it was not half the fun as it is now. You get the feel of the location and the nature around you.

But then to each his own.

Regds

Amit
Old 23rd February 2009, 16:55   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAN_SACHDEV View Post
Yes Ankit I really enjoyed my first OTR, I was not aware that terrain will be so tough. I thank TATA Motors for making such a superb vehicle which is very comfortable and fast on-road and ultimate off-road capabilities besides being heavy and with such a long wheel base. Safari's engine is really powerfull, 140bhp 320NM engine.
Aman Sachdev, I think you had great off roading. Northi jeepers, wonderful OTR. Kudos to you all.

Dwarak
Old 23rd February 2009, 17:51   #97
BHPian

Excellent. I am sorry I missed out. Still waiting for my vehicle number. :(

Next time I am going to come to gurgaon and sleep at some NIOC members garage. Too difficult for me to get up and come over to Gurgaon from Ghaziabad, but now after seeing yogesh hats off to you bhai. I will sure shot come in next OTR and would connect to members in Noida with whom we can come together.

Guys who were new would be excited as well. I was welcomed with open arms in my first OTR, I am sure they would have been pampered as well. Looking forward to seeing you all soon in next OTR.
Old 23rd February 2009, 18:24   #98
Senior - BHPian

Uploaded all photos to Picasa, heres the link:

Picasa Web Albums - Shaurya Internati... - Offroad meet ...
Old 23rd February 2009, 19:08   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
Uploaded all photos to Picasa, heres the link:

Picasa Web Albums - Shaurya Internati... - Offroad meet ...
Great pics yogesh,
See you at the next OTR, but you should drive slow. 2.5hrs Jaipur to Delhi one way thats too fast in my opinion.
Drive safe
Old 23rd February 2009, 19:39   #100
Senior - BHPian

ym-enjn,

Great pictures. Nice kid at the last to refresh your mind.

Dwarak
Old 23rd February 2009, 19:58   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Great pics yogesh,
See you at the next OTR, but you should drive slow. 2.5hrs Jaipur to Delhi one way thats too fast in my opinion.
Drive safe
I guess he drove pretty safe. He started of from Manesar which means no crossing of Gurgaon traffic. And in afternoon traffic is less, besides he is driving Altis.

This week I had been to Abu and returned on Friday night before OTR, on corolla and it was a pleasant drive. In fact roads after Jaipur are the ones which allure. Reached Abu in 10 hrs via udaipur. Excellent roads ... hats off to Rajashthan government!
Old 23rd February 2009, 20:20   #102
Senior - BHPian

AWESOME VIDEOS. Sheer bliss.
Old 24th February 2009, 09:48   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusker4x4 View Post
Dear Soumen,
The fun of driving offroad is compunded greatly in an open jeep. When I bought my MM540 it was a hardtop vechile. Believe you me it was not half the fun as it is now. You get the feel of the location and the nature around you.
But then to each his own.
Regds
Amit
HI Amit,
I do agree nothing like an open jeep at the offroading. May be since i am a beginner and till not get habituated with the dusty trails, i have that kind of view. I remember last time I was at the Manesar trail, it was some other part with not much of dust as this time, and i really enjoyed the open atmosphere.
-regards,
Old 24th February 2009, 10:58   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhandle View Post
..Next time I am going to come to gurgaon and sleep at some NIOC members garage. Too difficult for me to get up and come over to Gurgaon from Ghaziabad, but now after seeing yogesh hats off to you bhai. I will sure shot come in next OTR and would connect to members in Noida with whom we can come together...
Can't agree more with you rhandle. I stay at sector 62, and to reach Gurgaon by 7.30 starting from here is indeed a tough job. So far whenever i have gone, i had to wake up around 4.30-5! But OTRs after all are not only thrilling they are demanding as well
Old 24th February 2009, 11:08   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandisa View Post
Can't agree more with you rhandle. I stay at sector 62, and to reach Gurgaon by 7.30 starting from here is indeed a tough job. So far whenever i have gone, i had to wake up around 4.30-5! But OTRs after all are not only thrilling they are demanding as well
Lets meet up. I will send my number to you in PM. If possible lets arrange meet up of all people in Noida so that, in next NIOC OTR there is lot more fun while travelling to and from the destination

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks