Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2009, 14:38   #1
BHPian

NCR OTR on 21st Feb (Sat) morning

Hi All

Next NCR OTR is here. It is planned for 21st Feb morning (7.30 am start) from DLF Golf course.

Please bring 2ltrs of drinking water per person + water for the jeeps (radiator) and food for yourselfs and your companions and little extra to share with others.

Hope to see you all there!

This time it is SLS mods' trail! I have not been to this trail before so very excited!

P.S. Mandeep/Somen - Whats the plan for Sunday?

Last edited by Samurai : 16th February 2009 at 16:52. Reason: am/pm fixed
Old 16th February 2009, 16:32   #2
Senior - BHPian

I'm sure you meant 21st Sat morning....!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSlow View Post
Hi All

Next NCR OTR is here. It is planned for 21st Feb morning (7.30 pm start) from DLF Golf course.
Old 16th February 2009, 17:20   #3
Senior - BHPian

Have fun. TOo bad I will be missing this one due to another off roading committment in Patna, Bihar. Will join you all soon on the next one.

Is anyone willing to carry a Garmin GPS unit with him on his dash for me to record this trail for future use ? If yes please confirm, I will deliver a simple GPS II + unit set in the recording mode.

I am so tied up with things that I can devote no time to my CJ3B. Will at least go down and start it after over a week today.
Old 16th February 2009, 18:29   #4
BHPian

I am driving down to Mt. Abu tomorrow. If I come back on time would definitely join.
Old 16th February 2009, 19:32   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hey ankit
What trail is this. And where is this.
Any ideas???

I replied to your email regarding the swap option that you were considering. What happened??? You dint call!!!
Old 17th February 2009, 16:52   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhandle View Post
I am driving down to Mt. Abu tomorrow. If I come back on time would definitely join.
Hi Rahul & Ankit,

I believe this would be your 1st time on this trail. It is very secnic. This has some amazing hill climbs and you would get your first slush experience.

The hill top on which we will have breakfast is one of the most secnic hills. The climb is a good 4x4 experience. Remebr to keep your cool on this track.

So hold your breaths for the 21st OTR.

Redgs

Amit
Old 17th February 2009, 17:48   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

NCR folks, enjoy this OTR and have a blast. The weather these days up north must be great for an off-road outing with the sun not too hot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusker4x4 View Post
... So hold your breaths for the 21st OTR.
All indications are that this will be one hell of an OTR
Old 17th February 2009, 18:26   #8
BHPian

Where is the trail?? Whats OTR pre-requisites for 1st timers???
Old 17th February 2009, 21:47   #9
Senior - BHPian

Advice for first timers / few timers off road

Here's something I had written for off road tripson my forum emarat 4x4.com ( earlier name - dubai desert club ). Might come in handy. Below that is another account by my Chief Marshal Mr. Ajay Sikri.

BEFORE YOU EMBARK ON AN OFF ROAD TRIP
By Shahid Ahmad

We wish to conduct safe and enjoyable trips for all our members. Other marshals / CREW will *** their own inputs to this thread during the course of time but to start with.

Before you arrive at the meeting point for one of our trips, please ensure that you have / do carry :

YOU HAVE SUFFICIENT GAS + 20 % FOR THE PLANNED TRIP
A PROPER RATED TOW ROPE / STRAP
SHOVEL - AT LEAST A FOLDING TYPE
SHACKLES TO MATCH THE TOW POINTS OF YOUR VEHICLE. ( FRONT / REAR TOW POINT IS A MUST )
TYRE PRESSURE GAUGE AND DEFLATING TOOL

BESIDES ENSURE THAT :

YOUR SPARE TYRE IS IN GOOD CONDITION
THE VEHICLE'S TOOL KIT IS ON BOARD
YOU CARRY A WOODEN BOARD ( 10 INCH X 10 INCH ) OR BIGGER FOR A JACK BASE

THERE IS PLENTY OF WATER ( 2 LITRES PER PERSON ), FOOD AND DRINKS IN THE VEHICLE FOR THE TRIP.

We leave behind nobody, our CREW and MARSHALS ensure everyone is safetly brought back, but please - the above is the minimum co-operation from your side.

Enjoy DDC. See you on trips soon.
Conduct and participation in the drives and other events organised by the Club and/or its members is voluntary and are honorary activities. Like any other adventure sport, off-road driving is potentially dangerous. The Club, its Crew, Marshals, other organising volunteers or other participants do not assume any responsibility for any damage, loss or injury that may be suffered by any participant, his/her co-passengers or by the vehicle.
Mr. Ajay Sikri, a CREW at DDC and a very experienced, respected and senior marshal off road, has put together this best practices manual for the benefit of all newcomers to DDC.

We must appreciate the time and effort put in by Ajay Bhai for making a desert trip a safer and more enjoyable experience for all DDC members.

BEST PRACTISES OFF ROAD

By Ajay Sikri

Best Practices for Off Road Trips

Trip notification and registration thereof:

- Basic trip details and the expected terrain to be posted by the Trip organisor with the trip notification, especially the level of difficulty expected, e.g. Novice, Intermediate, Difficult, Challenging
- Organizer to decide and advise the number of participants he is comfortable to take for the trip. This will depend on the terrain proposed to be covered, weather expected during the trip duration, whether the organisor (or any of the confirmed participants) has been to the area before or it’s the first time for him too
- Organisor can always review the maximum number of the participants based on the number of Crew and Marshals confirmed for the trip. Excess registration can be put on waitlist and get confirmed in any of the confirmed participant dropping out
- Participants to book for the trip only if they consider themselves to be :
o competent to handle the level of difficulty stated. For trips where the terrain is likely to be challenging, e.g Liwa, Sweihan or say during extreme summer months when even the basic routes become challenging, the organisor in consultation with Shahid bhai can exclude any particular participation if felt so in the interest of safety
o definitely available for the trip. In case anything crops up after filing nomination which is likely to restrict the participants’ availability, nomination should be withdrawn asap. This will help the organisor to have a fair sense of who all are participating. “No Showsâ€

Driving to the future

Hamza Post subject: Re: Best Practices for
Old 18th February 2009, 12:49   #10
BHPian

Hi Ankit,

Will surely join in on the OTR but yet again will have to hitch a ride with one of the fellow jeepers.

Guys let me know if anyone has space for one.

Cheers !!!!!!!!!!
Old 18th February 2009, 12:52   #11
BHPian

@ Spark - we meet at DLF Golf Course in Gurgaon at 7.15am and depart at 7.30am. The train is towards manesar if I am not mistaken. Amit?

You need to contact either Amit (Tuskar4x4 here on TBHP) or any of the mods of NIOC. See earlier NCR OTR posts for contact details.

For a 1st timer -
1. Either come in your vehicle and park somewhere and ride in one of the jeeps

2. Bring your own 4x4 and keep the points mentioned in my orignal post at the start in mind.

@ Harjeev - sorry buddy , been very busy at work so have dropped all plans for now. good points in your email . Made me rethink the need. Thanks.

@ Amit - look forward to it! Will you be testing your snorkel this time?

@ Randeep - you are most welcome to sit in mine! lets plan on Friday.

Last edited by GoSlow : 18th February 2009 at 12:53.
Old 18th February 2009, 13:15   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by randeep04 View Post
Hi Ankit,

Will surely join in on the OTR but yet again will have to hitch a ride with one of the fellow jeepers.

Guys let me know if anyone has space for one.

Cheers !!!!!!!!!!
Make that space for two as my 4x4 is not ready as yet!!!

Quote:
@ Harjeev - sorry buddy , been very busy at work so have dropped all plans for now. good points in your email . Made me rethink the need. Thanks.
Anytime buddy. Its always a pleasure

BTW I was trying your number a couple of days back but was constantly no reply.
See ya on Saturday
Old 18th February 2009, 15:58   #13
BHPian

Hi Guys, I am also coming at this OTR. I am very excited because its my first one . See you all there.
Old 18th February 2009, 16:29   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAN_SACHDEV View Post
Hi Guys, I am also coming at this OTR. I am very excited because its my first one . See you all there.
Bringing the Vitara or the Safari?

Quote:
Hi All
It is planned for 21st Feb morning (7.30 am start) from DLF Golf course.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
I'm sure you meant 21st Sat morning....!
He said Feb, I think you read Fri?

Last edited by suman : 18th February 2009 at 16:34.
Old 18th February 2009, 17:22   #15
BHPian

Hi Suman, I am coming in my Safari. Are you joining?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks