Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2009, 15:16   #61
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Uhh, who are you man? Real name please
Think of Gypsy with no doors, no seat belts or hold bars.
Old 4th March 2009, 15:17   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragpicker View Post
Hey man... please practice what you preach... find some good new trails... i'm yet to see you find one in these 2 years that you are talking about... it is all fine to be keyboard warriors thrilled about outings etc ... bangalore is blessed with fantastic surroundings... the number of trails you can find within a few kilometers out of town is huge.... get off the keyboard and get off the road dude...

cheers
Sir, i could see some jeepable tracks on maps from survey of india(especially 57H). but not sure they still exist as jeepable. you have already covered most of these. i would also like to cover these. let me know if we can patch up and make it any of the weekends.

Cheers!
Vijay
Old 4th March 2009, 15:17   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

.. RedLiner(Venky): Ragpicker is Mukund da :-)

As suggested by you, I would also agree that we put up a seperate thread for Recee's. Let's not discuss it on this OTR Report thread.

Also, we may have to think that should a thread be put up for recee's or should it be done totally off-line. I don't know.
Old 4th March 2009, 15:25   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

I will put up a separate thread for Recces in Bangalore. Lets start the fights there.

Cheers!

Last edited by khan_sultan : 4th March 2009 at 17:35. Reason: cleanup
Old 4th March 2009, 17:09   #65
BANNED

Posting some pics that i got hold of from my friends.

1st pic where the Titanic was sinking saved by a red riding hood.

2nd pic my Herbie goes bananas wading through water.

3rd pic my Herbie rides uphill without a grunt,

4th pic where my fellow got stuck, did a wrong move and lost my tailpipe because of this.

5th pic, a jeep runs down hill .

No issues, later was towed up by some good samaritians from T-BHP
Attached Thumbnails
Pics, Vids & Report : Savandurga Trail - Bangalore 4x4-dscn2390.jpg  

Pics, Vids & Report : Savandurga Trail - Bangalore 4x4-dscn2394.jpg  

Pics, Vids & Report : Savandurga Trail - Bangalore 4x4-dscn2397.jpg  

Pics, Vids & Report : Savandurga Trail - Bangalore 4x4-dscn2407.jpg  

Pics, Vids & Report : Savandurga Trail - Bangalore 4x4-dscn2408.jpg  

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 4th March 2009 at 17:14.
Old 4th March 2009, 17:24   #66
Team-BHP Support

That first shot is Suresh Stephan's Jeep, the winch is almost submerged. Looks like he was trying a new path.
Old 4th March 2009, 17:26   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

And you were pretty much stuck right next to it. If not winched out, you would have had to swim across
Old 4th March 2009, 17:29   #68

Quote:
Loafer magane Mukund, unakku irukku ma (Translation: loafer's son Mukund (jovially), its for you my dearest)

I will put up a separate thread for Recces in Bangalore. Lets start the fights there.

Cheers!
Yeah my family is full of loafers thus we keep going out, going out is a habit. now with 4x4s it is easier and more places to explore. unfortunately i'm a bit low on enthu these days with the grey hair growing and the work scene becoming bad. fights, well that's your business i guess. so on a lighter vien i can now call you "Buddie Maganay" (translation : son given out for intrest on a loan not repaid) cause you owe me for all those trails

cheers

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by Jaggu : 4th March 2009 at 17:36. Reason: please dont... type like.. this
Old 4th March 2009, 17:40   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragpicker View Post
Yeah my family is full of loafers thus we keep going out, going out is a habit. now with 4x4s it is easier and more places to explore. unfortunately i'm a bit low on enthu these days with the grey hair growing and the work scene becoming bad. fights, well that's your business i guess. so on a lighter vien i can now call you "Buddie Maganay" (translation : son given out for intrest on a loan not repaid) cause you owe me for all those trails

cheers
Hahaha! Good one. Man, its been ages since I did some good OTRs. Looking forward to the camping scene at the end of March. I might just bike it along with you guys since its not offroading terrain anyways.

regards
Buddie Maganay
Old 4th March 2009, 17:44   #70
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
And you were pretty much stuck right next to it. If not winched out, you would have had to swim across
Err.. can you quote the message you are replying to, it is confusing.
Old 4th March 2009, 17:50   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Err.. can you quote the message you are replying to, it is confusing.
Sorry, I quoted this one: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-of...ml#post1199016

That is you, right?
Old 4th March 2009, 17:56   #72
Team-BHP Support

No, I didn't drive at this stage, besides I don't see Jammy's Jeep there. I started driving only after getting into the dry river bed.
Old 4th March 2009, 20:08   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
No issues, later was towed up by some good samaritians from T-BHP
LOL!!! That "Good Samaritan" was me :-) BTW i love the roar of beautiful Buggy. It shows the power of it.

PS: I agree with the idea of having a Recce team, especially in Bangalore since Bany is an "Off-Roading Heaven" and we have so much of Jeeps/Gypsies here with lot of veteran off-roaders.

Thanks
--Sree--
Old 4th March 2009, 21:36   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by star_aqua View Post
Sir, i could see some jeepable tracks on maps from survey of india(especially 57H). but not sure they still exist as jeepable. you have already covered most of these. i would also like to cover these. let me know if we can patch up and make it any of the weekends.

Cheers!
Vijay
Hey Vijay,

57H is a big map from bangalore city south all the way to mm-hills... it has always been my dream to cover most of the tracks on this one map... but i feel i have hardly covered 10% of it... please let me know which part you would like to cover. Great to know you are looking at this map. 57h8 and 57h12 have many jeepable trails. But sadly for us they are in jungles which are well protected by the department from us enthusiasts. Please check them out when you can. whenever you plan to go that side, please let me know. I would love to join in.

Folks who have not seen these survey of india maps, from kollegal to mm-hills is 80 odd km and to the left of this road is jungles with some fantastic off-road trails. Have got into trouble with the department officials on a couple of occasions on trips there. So prior permissions and planning are certainly needed.

Besides the jungle stretches, there are many trails which run to the right of the kanakapura road to the road connecting satnur and ramnagar the kabbal durga road.

Very curious to know the stretch that you want to explore. Please post up on that or call when you can.
Old 5th March 2009, 08:50   #75
Senior - BHPian

Buggy's Special

Yellow Yellow, what a fellow!!!

Pics, Vids & Report : Savandurga Trail - Bangalore 4x4-img_8315.jpg

Pics, Vids & Report : Savandurga Trail - Bangalore 4x4-img_8317.jpg

Pics, Vids & Report : Savandurga Trail - Bangalore 4x4-img_8318.jpg

Pics, Vids & Report : Savandurga Trail - Bangalore 4x4-img_8384.jpg

This is the place from where we had the look of the trail where the jeeps were making.
Pics, Vids & Report : Savandurga Trail - Bangalore 4x4-img_8390.jpg
But we did see some Endeavors and Scorpios waiting and watching the show.

Our Ragavendra is tempted to attend this trail and so he goes and looks at the trail to have the feel. Finally he decides he can do.

Rolling down the trail

Pics, Vids & Report : Savandurga Trail - Bangalore 4x4-img_8394.jpg
Watch the Endeavor and Scorpio's watching from top.

Pics, Vids & Report : Savandurga Trail - Bangalore 4x4-img_8395.jpg

When he came down, unfortunately, he took a one wrong bump and it resulted in his buggy sitting right on the mud with its rear bumper and silencer.

Passing at ease

Pics, Vids & Report : Savandurga Trail - Bangalore 4x4-img_8396.jpg
Got stuck in here

Pics, Vids & Report : Savandurga Trail - Bangalore 4x4-img_8397.jpg

Initially he decided to take this place little towards the left. But ended by moving more on the right and hence the left front wheel was on air when he reached here.

Everyone was so worried to see the vintage in this position.
Pics, Vids & Report : Savandurga Trail - Bangalore 4x4-img_8398.jpg
Sreeraj comes for towing the buggy

Pics, Vids & Report : Savandurga Trail - Bangalore 4x4-img_8399.jpg
Pulling, Pulling and Pulling...

Pics, Vids & Report : Savandurga Trail - Bangalore 4x4-img_8400.jpg
Finally saved
Pics, Vids & Report : Savandurga Trail - Bangalore 4x4-img_8401.jpg
@Pavan/Ragavendra: Please don't take me wrong, but I did notice that in over enthu, you keep moving fast. Even before anyone could help or spot for you. If you work on this with little more patience, I think your buggy can be taken on more challenging trails too. Remember its not just the machine, but the person running it matters too

Paven, watching if everything is ok

Pics, Vids & Report : Savandurga Trail - Bangalore 4x4-img_8402.jpg
Spot the M* there?
Pics, Vids & Report : Savandurga Trail - Bangalore 4x4-img_8474.jpg

After that, he parks his vintage in a shadow place and we go ahead for watching the other jeeps having fun.

When we returned we noticed that someone had stolen the vintages ORVM and Antenna. Also, the rubber beading covering the rear window was removed. We suspected if the person has tried to get into the car. But anyway. This was very bad and may be one more reason for keeping those vintage under monitoring all time.

Now back to the road. He again takes the car to the same spot to cross. This time, we asked Santhosh willys to pass first, so in case needed, this can be towed.

He was careful enough not to do same mistake. But even then on one spot, the buggy got stuck. But this time, we decided to put some human effort and pushed. It did helped and there goes the buggy happy!!!!!!
Pics, Vids & Report : Savandurga Trail - Bangalore 4x4-img_8479.jpg

Pics, Vids & Report : Savandurga Trail - Bangalore 4x4-img_8480.jpg

Pics, Vids & Report : Savandurga Trail - Bangalore 4x4-img_8481.jpg

Name:  IMG_8482.JPG
Views: 1129
Size:  179.9 KB

Pics, Vids & Report : Savandurga Trail - Bangalore 4x4-img_8483.jpg

My special thanks to Pavan for getting me a chance to sit in a half-a-century old vintage.

Guys, fun still continues...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks