Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2009, 11:24   #76
BANNED

Anna Mjothi,

My decision to get the Beetle till the OTR venue was actually fruitful, if i would have left it somewhere near the village, i should have walked home.

Thank you very much for the tribute, hope fellow jeepers dont take offense for this.

Guys Funs over now Lets see some real action from the jeepers.

Any jeep pics fellows.....

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 5th March 2009 at 11:30.
Old 5th March 2009, 15:03   #77
BHPian

a beetle on the otr reminds me of the "M800" story , am sure dwarak and shahnawaz remeber that story! , not fair guys even m800s should be allowed then.lol
Old 5th March 2009, 15:52   #78
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddartha View Post
a beetle on the otr reminds me of the "M800" story , am sure dwarak and shahnawaz remeber that story! , not fair guys even m800s should be allowed then.lol
Guruve, the Beetle story on this OTR thread is over, as i said "Lets stop the fun". The Bug just added a fun element at the OTR.

BTW we are talking about a 42 year old stock car while comparing with any present day M-800.

Any more OTR pics please.
Old 5th March 2009, 16:12   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Guruve, the Beetle story on this OTR thread is over, as i said "Lets stop the fun". The Bug just added a fun element at the OTR.

BTW we are talking about a 42 year old stock car while comparing with any present day M-800.

"guruve", on an otr anything without 4wd gets equated as "unfit" for an otr,( unless of couse its dwaraks gypsy,lol) so its not abt comparing a beeetle to a m800, so relax !
Old 5th March 2009, 16:18   #80
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddartha View Post
"guruve", on an otr anything without 4wd gets equated as "unfit" for an otr,( unless of couse its dwaraks gypsy,lol) so its not abt comparing a beeetle to a m800, so relax !
Dwaraks gypsy did a lot better this time. As far as i remember, his gypsy never got stuck at any obstacle
Old 5th March 2009, 16:38   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Dwaraks gypsy did a lot better this time. As far as i remember, his gypsy never got stuck at any obstacle
hey u are gettin me wrong, dwaraks gypsy was 2wd for sometime and it completed many otrs in2wd., thats why i said that.

Last edited by siddartha : 5th March 2009 at 16:39.
Old 5th March 2009, 16:44   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
I dont know. I just think we need to find better trails. The last two OTR's including the current one have not really piqued the interest of those of us who have been into this for the past couple of years. Its a great starter for amateurs. We need better hard core offroad trails. Or else we just need to head over to Coorg or Munnar. In which case I need to start building a trailer - because there is no way in hell I am going to be driving my jeep all the way after doing trips to Coorg and Munnar.

I am sorry if people here disagree. Its just my point of view. Sorry about the rant - but its important to invest for the good times.

But bring on the pictures guys! So far I've seen just one of mine!
Dear Red liner
I have seen all the trail around Bangalore and this trail is probabily the most challenging and toughest. Since the number of vehicles were many and we had only minimum recovery equipments,we were treading in a safe path and did not push our vehicles. Since I had a winch, I tried in a few places(I don't think all were documented, I was in the front, Utkarsh may have some snaps) . It is indeed challenging. I personally feel this is one area will teach us quite a bit on mastering the techniques. It is an excellant combination of sand, slush, water and rocks. I think next time we will make batches of say maximum 5 jeeps have strict timings and start exploring with time intervals between batches. Though it is short, it is a fantastic trail and during rainy season it can be equally challenging like coorg or Munnar
Suresh
Old 5th March 2009, 17:02   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suresh Stephen View Post
Dear Red liner
I have seen all the trail around Bangalore and this trail is probabily the most challenging and toughest. Since the number of vehicles were many and we had only minimum recovery equipments,we were treading in a safe path and did not push our vehicles. Since I had a winch, I tried in a few places(I don't think all were documented, I was in the front, Utkarsh may have some snaps) . It is indeed challenging. I personally feel this is one area will teach us quite a bit on mastering the techniques. It is an excellant combination of sand, slush, water and rocks. I think next time we will make batches of say maximum 5 jeeps have strict timings and start exploring with time intervals between batches. Though it is short, it is a fantastic trail and during rainy season it can be equally challenging like coorg or Munnar
Suresh
Thank you sir! I did see you move ahead but as I decided to follow you, was asked to go back. So felt a bit disappointed. I agree with all the points you have raised. Thank you for understanding mine. Would love to see the snaps. And we must go back here and do a full-on exploration in the way you have mentioned.
Old 5th March 2009, 17:34   #84
BHPian

Does anyone know the Girl in Pink in the second Picture shooting photos of the Beetle ?? I recall her taking a few pictures of my Hurricane.

In case the lady in question is on the forum, kindly forward any hurricane pictures you might have to hbvivek@gmail.com . Goes for the rest of the crowd to guys..Too many people .. wish I could identify all by name !!!

For the first time, I didnt take any pictures. Gave a rest to my cameras and lenses.
Old 5th March 2009, 18:22   #85
Senior - BHPian

Wonder why no SAFARI turned up?

was watching this thread closely to find out if the SAFARI can run alongwith the others here, alas, have to wait to know the answer to that question
Old 5th March 2009, 19:17   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

It was mentioned earlier that the track would not be wide enough to accomodate the safaris or any other vehicle apart from a jeep or gypsy. Ofcourse we turned out to be wrong since endys and scorps turned up unannounced.
Old 5th March 2009, 20:23   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
Wonder why no SAFARI turned up?

was watching this thread closely to find out if the SAFARI can run alongwith the others here, alas, have to wait to know the answer to that question
The only Safari I had seen participating in this events is Hrishi's 4x4. Since he had his parents in bang during that time, he was not able to join us. Not sure, if he may join next time.
Old 5th March 2009, 20:52   #88
Senior - BHPian

Now to the Scorpios...

First this slipped into the ditch. Luckily nothing bad happened and finally it was pulled out.

Pics, Vids & Report : Savandurga Trail - Bangalore 4x4-img_8385.jpg

Pics, Vids & Report : Savandurga Trail - Bangalore 4x4-img_8386.jpg

Pics, Vids & Report : Savandurga Trail - Bangalore 4x4-img_8387.jpg

This one badly damaged its front bumber on the right side.

The scorpio was little faster here and got skidded, went and hit the rock on the bush...
Pics, Vids & Report : Savandurga Trail - Bangalore 4x4-img_8433.jpg
Reverses and ...
Pics, Vids & Report : Savandurga Trail - Bangalore 4x4-img_8434.jpg
coming out.
Pics, Vids & Report : Savandurga Trail - Bangalore 4x4-img_8435.jpg
Note the bumper...

Pics, Vids & Report : Savandurga Trail - Bangalore 4x4-img_8436.jpg

Pics, Vids & Report : Savandurga Trail - Bangalore 4x4-img_8437.jpg
First tried with the Jeep.

Name:  IMG_8439.JPG
Views: 860
Size:  145.6 KB

Pics, Vids & Report : Savandurga Trail - Bangalore 4x4-img_8441.jpg
Then pulled by Ford...
Pics, Vids & Report : Savandurga Trail - Bangalore 4x4-img_8443.jpg
Thanks Giving time!!!
Pics, Vids & Report : Savandurga Trail - Bangalore 4x4-img_8446.jpg
Old 5th March 2009, 20:56   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Hey Pavan,
That yellow beetle of yours definitely added colour to the OTR, atleast I loved it in the pictures. It was a little saddening that it scratched itself in a few places, but am sure, you would bring it back to top shape again. Between, I saw your other thread where you are restoring a VW bus. All the best buddy.
Cheers,
Deepak
Old 5th March 2009, 21:13   #90
BHPian

hey pavan,you plannin to take the bus on the next OTR??hmm,at the rate you are going probably the next OTR should have the bangalore beetle club entering as well(active members are you following) All the jeepers will be swamped with bugs

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks