Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2009, 19:00   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaspro View Post
After i made to the top i shot few pictures and videos. This is our Sree climbing to the top
The person talking to Endy driver is Samurai.
-Vaspro
It was nice Meeting you and your beauty Vaspro. Guys he had one helluva time. Yes, its Samurai's advice which got me clear that obstacle. And he tells he is a novice in off roading .

I have seen some ads given by you for selling that Jeep, don't let that beauty go!!!

Finally, our official OTR reporter Mjothi starts. Another official reporter (Samurai) committed that he will post the report as soon as he reach home.

Thanks
--Sree--

Last edited by Rehaan : 3rd March 2009 at 00:17. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the EDIT button to add to an existing post within 20 minutes instead of posting another consecutive post.
Old 2nd March 2009, 19:14   #17
BHPian

The 3rd Jeep was my Hurricane, the 4th was Ravichander's Hurricane. The Petrol powered CJ3B is a powerful Jeep, and at times can do such antics that modern off road vehicles cannot think about. Thanks to the short wheelbase and power to weight ratio, combined to the handling aspects.

It was good to be behind the wheel of my Hurricane came off-road after nearly 8 - 9 months (was out of the country)....

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaspro View Post

The first 2 jeeps made to top after several attempts. Many guys felt that not many can make it to top. 3rd & 4th Jeep and 5th Khan's Gypsy made to the top in first pass. This really lifted the spirits up and everybody lined up to attempt that climb.

Cheers
-Vaspro
Old 2nd March 2009, 19:24   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Marching towards the OTR spot!
Attachment 106801
Thanks mjothi. Now i know my Jeep's taillamps work

I am posting the very few pictures that i took on my mobile phone. Please excuse the poor quality of these pictures.

As more pictures get posted, we will have feast for our eyes with all the off-road action.

At the Meeting point
Pics, Vids & Report : Savandurga Trail - Bangalore 4x4-01032009315.jpg

Aap katar mein hein...(you are in queue)
Pics, Vids & Report : Savandurga Trail - Bangalore 4x4-01032009316.jpg

First round of action started
Pics, Vids & Report : Savandurga Trail - Bangalore 4x4-01032009320.jpg

Pics, Vids & Report : Savandurga Trail - Bangalore 4x4-01032009321.jpg

Pics, Vids & Report : Savandurga Trail - Bangalore 4x4-01032009323.jpg

View from the top
Pics, Vids & Report : Savandurga Trail - Bangalore 4x4-01032009325.jpg

Pics, Vids & Report : Savandurga Trail - Bangalore 4x4-01032009326.jpg

Large queue waiting for their turn. Somebody is saying about 33 vehicles participated
Pics, Vids & Report : Savandurga Trail - Bangalore 4x4-01032009327.jpg

My Jeep at the top parking spot
Pics, Vids & Report : Savandurga Trail - Bangalore 4x4-01032009330.jpg

Pics, Vids & Report : Savandurga Trail - Bangalore 4x4-01032009331.jpg

Pics, Vids & Report : Savandurga Trail - Bangalore 4x4-01032009339.jpg

Pics, Vids & Report : Savandurga Trail - Bangalore 4x4-01032009338.jpg

Making our own road
Pics, Vids & Report : Savandurga Trail - Bangalore 4x4-01032009341.jpg

Pics, Vids & Report : Savandurga Trail - Bangalore 4x4-01032009343.jpg

First batch of vehicles which came back to village...waiting for others
Pics, Vids & Report : Savandurga Trail - Bangalore 4x4-01032009344.jpg

Pics, Vids & Report : Savandurga Trail - Bangalore 4x4-01032009345.jpg

As i said i dont have many pictures to post. So i am waiting for others to post good quality pictures.

Cheers
-Vaspro
Old 2nd March 2009, 19:26   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAINMAKER View Post
The 3rd Jeep was my Hurricane, the 4th was Ravichander's Hurricane. The Petrol powered CJ3B is a powerful Jeep, and at times can do such antics that modern off road vehicles cannot think about. Thanks to the short wheelbase and power to weight ratio, combined to the handling aspects.
One Endeavor and Scorpio cleared it so easily in the first attempt. And there was this SWB Jeep (I don't recollect his name) with an Inter engine also cleared in the very first attempt so easly. I would say that obstecle was more to deal with Driving skills rather than engine power. I cleared it in third attempt, thanks to Samurai, he was standing there and watching how others are clearing it and he adviced me to do the same and i cleared easly. It was not about "How Many Times" you attempted. You learn something new on each attempt.

Thanks
--Sree--
Old 2nd March 2009, 20:08   #20
Senior - BHPian

Looks like the Team-Bhp OTR crowd in BLR is just multiplying like crazy.

Some lovely shots there. Please do post more, along with experiences.
Old 2nd March 2009, 20:24   #21
Senior - BHPian

Good show guys!

More photos, please.

And why not a seperate report thread? MOD's can we please have the thread split to a report thread?
Old 2nd March 2009, 22:41   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerajunnithan View Post
"How Many Times" you attempted. You learn something new on each attempt.
AMEN to that.

Hey guys you had a nice track. That climb must be realy good fun. Pls post more pics.

Regs

Amit
Old 3rd March 2009, 08:31   #23
BHPian

too bad.. i missed this.
saw the thread only today. che che...
Old 3rd March 2009, 11:07   #24
Senior - BHPian

Guys don't you have a group photo of the 30 odd vehicles standing together i know it is not possible in single frame but some photoshop work and you can fit the picture in a frame and post it here, would look great.

Samurai Sir - No pics from your side
Old 3rd March 2009, 12:00   #25
BHPian

This is some good stuff guys. I would love to have been there but couldnt make it.

I have picked up a gypsy 410 been there with me for the last one month. Couldnt go on any log rides since i am getting some things rectified on the engine.

Would like to catch up with any of you all during the weekend. i stay around mallespalaya BEML factory tippasandra.

I have seen a couple of gypsys in and around this area and would like to catch up with you to get some information on how the rides get organise the rides and where you all jam up .

I also need to get some alterations done on my rides so I would like to meetv any one who has got a gypsy to get some informtion.

I would like to be part of your group on your next ride but before that I need to get my ride fixed with all your help and suggetions.

We ill try to meet up this sunday some where in indranagar if all of you are free.

Send me a mail if any ones willing to catch.

aj_aravind@hotmail.com

Cheers
Aj
Old 3rd March 2009, 12:39   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
Samurai Sir - No pics from your side
Hey, I posted the first pic from this event, check this thread. But for the remaining pics, I haven't been able to work on it, I returned home only yesterday night. As usual I will take a few days to develop the pics and write the travelogue around it.
Old 3rd March 2009, 13:08   #27
Senior - BHPian

Anna mpuli I see that you are on a writing spree these days . Nice pics there and Sharath lets see what you have captured.
Old 3rd March 2009, 15:15   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerajunnithan View Post
Yes, its Samurai's advice which got me clear that obstacle. And he tells he is a novice in off roading .
It is a relative term Sreeraj, although I have been offroading for exactly 16 months now, most other offroaders I know have many times more experience. Therefore, relatively I am a novice or a rookie among the company I keep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Nice pics there and Sharath lets see what you have captured.
Ahahhha, at least you should know I can't just download from the camera and upload it right away. I have about 150 odd shots, I need to select from it and then develop them one by one.

Meanwhile I have noticed one curious thing that happens to me at OTR events. I have been unable to use both photographer cap and offroader cap. My offroader cap overpowers the photographer cap. I barely think about camera settings or composition and focus more on offroading techniques. If this is not clear, let me give an example. Imagine a cricket photographer, he is supposed to shoot different cricketers in close-up action. Instead of focusing on the batsmen or bowler in action, if he start watching the ball flying to the boundary and who is fielding it and then start following the score, he will make no justice to photography. Therefore, it is ideal to have somebody at OTRs who can focus totally on photography than offroading. Then we can get some real action shots from the OTRs.
Old 3rd March 2009, 15:43   #29
Senior - BHPian

Chandan's wife making a point. A gifted woman offroader.

Dwarak
Old 3rd March 2009, 15:47   #30
Team-BHP Support

Oh my god. These guys are still talking!!

Dwarak, those two pictures just not enough. Put more. Not asking Samurai because he must be spending all his time for PP.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks