Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2009, 10:34   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shams View Post
Gypsy in a spot on the pitted path, others making final ascent

YouTube - Jeep Thrills Summer Challenge 2009
I also have pictures of this Gypsy spinning its wheels. Now my question is, in this kind of situation, is diff lock better or LSD?
Old 31st March 2009, 10:37   #62
BHPian

FJ40 on Final Ascent

Old 31st March 2009, 11:26   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
I also have pictures of this Gypsy spinning its wheels. Now my question is, in this kind of situation, is diff lock better or LSD?
Hi Anirudh, in this particular situation either of the two, under proper functioning condition would suffice and clear through. Mr Khalid Khan in Gypsy no 35, taking cue from our dear friend Shahnawaz had LSDs imported and installed to the rear and from what he told me, his gypsy went through without much effort on this stretch even at slow speed.
Since diff locks are under control of the driver, the direct driver input and vehicle output factor infuses a higher degree of confidence to the man on the wheel, hence many tend to lean towards diff locks, however LSDs are quite competent and not to be discounted, our friends on the forum have proved the same.
Old 31st March 2009, 11:48   #64
Senior - BHPian

Amazing would be an understatement for this event! What a lovely collection of CJ5's! I guess its only possible in Hyderabad. Organizing such an event with so many jeeps and in such style does deserve standing ovation.
-regards,
Old 31st March 2009, 12:05   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There might a surprise on the difficulty level in the next event, you will have to wait until then
BTW my wife, Bidisha was speaking to Mr. Khader and he did inform her that there might be another event sometime during the Monsoon. Even though I don't have a 4X4, me and my wife are hooked to this event and are looking forward to the next event.

to all the organisers.
Old 31st March 2009, 12:28   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandisa View Post
Amazing would be an understatement for this event! What a lovely collection of CJ5's! I guess its only possible in Hyderabad. Organizing such an event with so many jeeps and in such style does deserve standing ovation.
-regards,
Thank you for the kind words, your appreciation makes it all worthwhile

Quote:
BTW my wife, Bidisha was speaking to Mr. Khader and he did inform her that there might be another event sometime during the Monsoon. Even though I don't have a 4X4, me and my wife are hooked to this event and are looking forward to the next event.

to all the organisers.
Thanks Anirudh, Mr Farooq Quader is on our panel of judges and a great sport. Its great to hear of your interest in offroading and our event. It goes to show that one needn't really have a 4x4 to enjoy the sport, its the spirit and enthusiasm that makes the day for everyone
Old 31st March 2009, 12:34   #67
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics and videos shams. Axle articulation of jeep rules!! :-)))
Old 1st April 2009, 01:45   #68
BHPian

Shams

A small query i have for you . Do you think it would be a good idea to have a trial run of the track before the event starts for all the participants . since the event does judge people for their driving skills and does give away prizes.
Old 1st April 2009, 14:38   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Hi Anirudh, in this particular situation either of the two, under proper functioning condition would suffice and clear through. ....
True. Both of them in the end do the same thing. The only difference is that in 'diff locks', one has to engage them manually (hence chances of getting stuck in the obstacle if you haven't engaged them) and in LSD/Lockers it happens automatically.

PS: Gypsy #35, of Khalid Sahab, has Lockrite Lockers.
Old 1st April 2009, 15:01   #70
BANNED

Wow

What an assortment of participation. Hats off to the team.

A great man made trial. Its such fun to watch all varieties of 4X4's in action, and not the forget the flying machines hovering around the trial
Old 1st April 2009, 17:37   #71
Senior - BHPian

nice machines

every machine (vehicle) is very well maintained (jeeps / fj40s) or overhauled (540/550/gypsys)

more information & high resolution pictures of no 61 mm 550
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad - Jeep Thrills Summer Challenge 2009 - Sunday 29 March-_mg_0909.jpg  

Hyderabad - Jeep Thrills Summer Challenge 2009 - Sunday 29 March-28.jpg  

Old 1st April 2009, 17:43   #72
BHPian

man just amazing, jus see those machines on display there, looks like a offroad paradise, you guys really do love your offroad, i envy you
Old 1st April 2009, 21:01   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssarmast View Post
..Do you think it would be a good idea to have a trial run of the track before the event starts for all the participants..
The idea is to enjoy the day, the peak of joy is when you see and drive over the track for the first time on the day of the event, it is also a good test of driver's judgement who will then encounter the terrain extempore
Old 1st April 2009, 21:27   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
nice machines

every machine (vehicle) is very well maintained (jeeps / fj40s) or overhauled (540/550/gypsys)

more information & high resolution pictures of no 61 mm 550
Thank you, 550 no 61 belongs to a good friend Dr Sabir Ali Khan, it is powered by a Nissan BD30 engine and BA10 GB, doc is an avid jeeper and has a snorkel and a winch on it that you can see in the pics, he also has fixed an AC for creature comfort

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemm550 View Post
man just amazing, jus see those machines on display there, looks like a offroad paradise, you guys really do love your offroad, i envy you
Thank you, please do join us the next time, you will be most welcome
Old 1st April 2009, 23:59   #75
BHPian

Quote:
The idea is to enjoy the day, the peak of joy is when you see and drive over the track for the first time on the day of the event, it is also a good test of driver's judgement who will then encounter the terrain extempore

That is so true Shams that it does test the drivers judgment but what of the people who have driven on the track a day or two before the event and have actually been awarded too for their driving skills. I did see a couple of participants two days prior to the event making trial runs of the track . And i feel such an opportunity should be given to all the participants instead of a select few . This would make all the participants be on an even scale. i think either the track should be new to all the participants or all should be given trial runs. Would like to know about you take on this.In fact i`d like everybody on the forum to share their views on this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks