Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2009, 23:47   #1
BHPian

Hyderabad - Jeep Thrills Summer Challenge 2009 - Sunday 29 March

Dear All,

I am happy to announce Jeep Thrills Summer Challenge on 29 March at
Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, Shamshabad.

Highlights

Show
Participating 4x4s will be judged and awarded in the following categories
  • Low Bonnet Jeeps - War Models/Civilian Models
  • High Bonnet Jeeps
  • Kaiser Series Jeeps
  • Mahindra Series Jeeps
  • Gypsy
  • SUV/4x4

Off Road Challenge
Drivers of the above 4x4s will be eligible for participation and awards in Off Road Challenge in their respective category

Itinerary
09.30 AM Assembly at the Venue
10.00 AM Commencement of Event
04.00 PM Awards Ceremony
04.30 PM Departure

Remember
  • Make sure you have tools, essential spares & cable/rope in case of a breakdown.
  • Towing arrangements have been made during the event, the participants shall have to make their own arrangements thereafter
  • Avoid speeding and littering the venue during the event, participants would be penalized and points shall be deducted from Marks tally
  • The organizers and sponsors are not responsible for any mishap, injury to any person and damage to vehicles and property during the event
  • The organizers reserve the right to call off the event

Contribution for participation is Rs 1000

Sumptuous Lunch arrangements have been made at the venue and coupons can be obtained at the time of registration at a cost of Rs 250 each.

Enthusiasts who would like to be a part of the audience can also obtain the Lunch coupons in advance at the address mentioned below and avail lunch at the venue

Registration forms can be obtained and submitted between 10.30 AM to 7 PM at:
Sridhar Function Plaza, Anand Nagar Colony, Khairthabad, Hyderabad Ph: 23390117

For Queries Call Shams Ahmed on 9866133639

Sponsor: GMR Hyderabad International Airport Ltd
Old 22nd March 2009, 00:43   #2
Senior - BHPian

are you guys going to be doing it at the backside of novotel? off srisailam road?

Its an awesome terrain!!
Old 22nd March 2009, 03:53   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hyd OTR is the best among the all OTRs i have seen on this forum. it features the best restored vehicles with best workmanship.

hope to see photos of the beautiful machines in action.

best of luck to the participants.
Old 22nd March 2009, 08:38   #4
Senior - BHPian

Pray I can take part in this OTR, the invitation from Shams should not be missed on an all India basis, as apart from the action, the "Sumptuous Lunch" would certianly be Solid Hyderabadi tradation menu. Cant decide which is my proirority.
A recent reccee roganised by him,,,, excellent location and great BBQ. Lethal combination.

Last edited by fazalaliadil : 22nd March 2009 at 08:43.
Old 22nd March 2009, 08:44   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Shams,

All the best for this event. Going by the success of the last Hyd event, I am sure this will be much bigger & better than the last one.

I wish I could attend this one -- but driving ~1200 odd kms in my Gypsy is just toooooo much.

BTW, what kind of terrian one can expect this time? Man made lioke last time or natural or mix of both? Do we some slush?

Again, all the best.

PS: Here is the link to last years event:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-of...arch-08-a.html

Cheers,
Old 22nd March 2009, 08:47   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Shams,

All the best for this event. Going by the success of the last Hyd event, I am sure this will be much bigger & better than the last one.

I wish I could attend this one -- but driving ~1200 odd kms in my Gypsy is just toooooo much.

BTW, what kind of terrian one can expect this time? Man made lioke last time or natural or mix of both? Do we some slush?

Again, all the best.

Cheers,
Khan wish you could make it to this OTR, your Gypsy would definetely be a strong contender for the title in it's category, and the lunch not to be missed.
Old 22nd March 2009, 23:06   #7
Senior - BHPian

Hi Shams/ Fazal, I would like to join for the event to see the various rides in action and enjoy the food. Please let me know what to do.
Old 23rd March 2009, 01:10   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
are you guys going to be doing it at the backside of novotel? off srisailam road?
phamilyman, its diagonally opposite Novotel where the drag races were held, there is a valley next to the elevated plain where the track is identified

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
Hyd OTR is the best among the all OTRs i have seen on this forum. it features the best restored vehicles with best workmanship.
hope to see photos of the beautiful machines in action.
best of luck to the participants.
Parm, thanks for the appreciation and wishes, our friends with cameras will ensure that you get to see lots of pics, its the enthusiasm that everyone brings to the day that makes it so wonderful

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Pray I can take part in this OTR, the invitation from Shams should not be missed on an all India basis, as apart from the action, the "Sumptuous Lunch" would certianly be Solid Hyderabadi tradation menu. Cant decide which is my proirority.
A recent reccee roganised by him,,,, excellent location and great BBQ. Lethal combination.
Fazal Sahab, thanks for the kind words, I look forward to see you next Sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Shams,
Again, all the best.
Shahnawaz, thanks for the wishes, if it helps, the airport is located on Bangalore Highway and you could shave off many hours by avoiding the city and traffic altogether.
The off road course is set in a low lying area with a bit of swamp, huge mounds of loose dumped soil and some boulders, we will be trying to incorporate a little bit of everything with some improvisation on site. Audience will be able to view the course from an elevated ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Khan wish you could make it to this OTR, your Gypsy would definetely be a strong contender for the title in it's category, and the lunch not to be missed.
Shahnawaz and his gypsy are a lethal combo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Hi Shams/ Fazal, I would like to join for the event to see the various rides in action and enjoy the food. Please let me know what to do.
MileCruncher, you are welcome as a member of the audience, you can buy the lunch coupons for yourself and/or friends at Sridhar Function Plaza in advance and avail lunch at the event
Old 23rd March 2009, 02:58   #9
Senior - BHPian

Shams,

I look forward to this meet and wish you all the best. My role of course will be that of a spectator exception being the courses that are a part of the lunch! (Will do the needful at Sridhar Function Plaza).

Cheers,
Old 23rd March 2009, 07:12   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Shams,

I look forward to this meet and wish you all the best. My role of course will be that of a spectator exception being the courses that are a part of the lunch! (Will do the needful at Sridhar Function Plaza).
Cheers,
I too will o the needful at Sridhar collecting food cupon.
Pray for a safe event all through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Crunching food seems to be the proiroity more than miles for you me and many more, but it will be a hell of a time watching the Jeeps in action.
Wish this event a Grand Sucess.

Last edited by fazalaliadil : 23rd March 2009 at 07:17.
Old 23rd March 2009, 17:12   #11
BHPian

Ravveendrra, It'll be great to have you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Shams,

Cheers,
Quote:
Originally Posted by shams View Post
phamilyman, its diagonally opposite Novotel where the drag races were held, there is a valley next to the elevated plain where the track is identified
To be precise: Opposite Flight Kitchen Building

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Jaggu : 23rd March 2009 at 17:37. Reason: back to back post
Old 25th March 2009, 08:27   #12
Senior - BHPian

Guys on the forum can expect some good pics as I am participating in the category: Spectator (for OTR only). There is a grand lunch as well.

Name:  summer challenge.bmp
Views: 3916
Size:  1,017.2 KB
Old 25th March 2009, 09:02   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Fazal bhai, i have some relatives come in from Delhi but, will definetly try to make it even if for a short period
Old 27th March 2009, 17:47   #14
BHPian

I am in the Poster.

Hai i am there in that Poster...
Thanks Shams for putting my Pic.
i am in the first pic Willys MB

Is zaheer also coming for this offroading event.
i hope he puts his LHD 540 to the test.
Old 28th March 2009, 01:41   #15
BHPian

Poster MB

Zulfi Baba

You Could let the forum know thats my Jeep.

Most Viewed