Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2009, 21:32   #1
BHPian

NIOC is back with OTR on 28th March, 2009

Hi Guys,

NIOC OTR is happening on 28th March. I am copying the message sent on the NIOC group by RBjee, which has the details of the OTR

"Dear NIOC Jeepers,

We all meet at 6.30am at the open ground near the Signature tower flyover on 28th March. We will all go to the Manesar trail, which is the most challenging trail amongst the ones we have been going to. Shahid has promised to locate some more new trails for us, till then this is it.
Please ensure that all the Jeepers are at the venue by 6.30am as the days are becoming warmer by the day.

Each Jeeper please carry breakfast and some light lunch. Three litres of drinking water per head is essential. Besides carry some water for your Jeeps in a plastic jerry can. I will be carrying my tool kit and a first aid kit. I request Pushkin to carry the tow strap with him.

See you all at 6.30am on 28th.

Regards,

RB

Sarvinder
Laxman
RB
Sanjiv
Prabh
Shahid
Hemant
Pushkin
Amit
Harjeev

Please add on ............."

Hey, Randeep, Naveen, Ankit, Aman & others whats your plan.

Last edited by Tusker4x4 : 24th March 2009 at 21:41.
Old 25th March 2009, 14:31   #2
Senior - BHPian

Read Ankit's post on NIOC. He is installing an electric fan on his gypsy, so his program is dicey. His gypsy had had overheated on at the Chandigarh OTR.

Has Laxman got his Xenon yet??? Would be great to test it on the Manesar track???
Old 25th March 2009, 14:35   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Read Ankit's post on NIOC. He is installing an electric fan on his gypsy, so his program is dicey. His gypsy had had overheated on at the Chandigarh OTR.

Has Laxman got his Xenon yet??? Would be great to test it on the Manesar track???
Laxmanjee's Xenon did come but at the Dealer only he spotted a problem. So the next vechile is coming in 10 days time. He will take the delivery then.

Regds

Amit
Old 25th March 2009, 16:07   #4
BHPian

I am on! I got the numbers on phone today.

I was just thinking if there is a place near Manesar where we can put the tents up, have bon fire and barbeque food and then in the morning without wasting any time are on our trails. And yes Malt extracted water can be taken during night and all chicken lovers can show their love towards the bird! Something like a bachelor party?
Old 26th March 2009, 08:06   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusker4x4 View Post
Laxmanjee's Xenon did come but at the Dealer only he spotted a problem. So the next vechile is coming in 10 days time. He will take the delivery then.

Regds

Amit
That sucks!!!

I really wanted to see preform at the OTR.

I know that the vehicle he was suppose to take delivery had some issues with the tyres and excess kms on the ODO.
But what if the dealer or Tata just change the tyres, reset the ODO and give him the same vehicle???
Old 26th March 2009, 09:12   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
That sucks!!!

I really wanted to see preform at the OTR.

I know that the vehicle he was suppose to take delivery had some issues with the tyres and excess kms on the ODO.
But what if the dealer or Tata just change the tyres, reset the ODO and give him the same vehicle???
I agree but yaar, when you are buying a new vechile you want a brand new everything. Guys at the dealers must have tried out the vechile as this is the only 4x4 xenon with the dealer. I knw this happens as my brother Anuj used to work for Hyundai and Tata.

Its best to be mentally sure. Now what happens behind the scene noone knows.

Regds

Amit
Old 26th March 2009, 09:15   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhandle View Post
I am on! I got the numbers on phone today.

I was just thinking if there is a place near Manesar where we can put the tents up, have bon fire and barbeque food and then in the morning without wasting any time are on our trails. And yes Malt extracted water can be taken during night and all chicken lovers can show their love towards the bird! Something like a bachelor party?
Great Rahul. After quite a few OTRs missed finally you can make it this time.

These Force Motors guys are really slow.

Redgs

Amit
Old 26th March 2009, 14:16   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Great Rahul. After quite a few OTRs missed finally you can make it this time.

These Force Motors guys are really slow.

Redgs

Amit
Yes unfortunately I missed two OTR. The other issue is early morning drive to GGN from Ghaziabad. Can you let me know the way to the OTR place, just in case I get slight delayed in reaching signature towers, as I will need to ask directions to reach that place.

Or if you can tell me how far we need to drive towards Manesar, so that even if I am bit late I can catch you guys on the road towards Manessar.

Also I would need help getting those Rhino hooks, C- hooks and tow rope from you guys. Can't we make a kind of Inventory or have a single sourcing agent who can provide good rates to guys from NIOC?
Old 26th March 2009, 17:47   #9
BHPian

Rahul,

After the IFFCO chowk flyover go straight under the next flyover. Just afetr the Red light there is a liquor shop. Thats the meeting point. You cant miss the Jeep there.

YOu can catch us on the NH 8 also as the Jeeps are slow. We tuen left from manesar. The exact turn I am not too clear as I generally follow the convoy. I can say is that it is after the Manesar Toll booth.

If I go to naraina I will drop by Mayapuri and pickup a rino Hook and a tow rope for you. Just let me knw what you want. A tow rope or a strap. As the strap is around 1600 and rope will be around 300

We need to collect these things as there aernt many people into offroading.

Regds

Amit
Old 26th March 2009, 18:32   #10
Senior - BHPian

Looking forward to this one again. Will be coming and will bring around a KERR ( Kinetic Energy Recovery Rope )
Old 26th March 2009, 21:37   #11
BHPian

Amit I do not know anything, do not forget you were the person who gave the first 4wd lesson to me after observing me going down the slope on our first OTR. Whatever would be good and you guys suggest get me that, money wont be a consideration. I would also require the C hook or clamp what ever you call it.

I am also looking for air compressor, and might be a winch. But still trying to figure a way for installing it. SO for the time being rhino hooks and C-clamp wud be good.

@Sahid will see this time in the OTR.
Old 26th March 2009, 22:18   #12
BHPian

Quote:
As the strap is around 1600 and rope will be around 300
Are these the yellow/green nylon straps that we use for towing in OTR?
If yes than these can be had for much lesser price from chawari bazar as that place deals in these in bulk.
I picked one for myself for ~700-800 rs.

cheers
vishwas
Old 27th March 2009, 07:00   #13

Hi Everyone,

I am also in.

Cheers!!
Amit Kaushik
Old 27th March 2009, 08:48   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_kaus View Post
Hi Everyone,

I am also in.

Cheers!!
Amit Kaushik
Great Amit!
Will this be your 1st OTR or have we met before.
What do you drive??? Post some pics
Old 27th March 2009, 15:34   #15
Team-BHP Support

Any soft roaders coming? We are thinking of getting the safari as its the Manesar route with more sand and less rocks. I think some Xenon was coming?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks