Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2009, 13:52   #1
Senior - BHPian

Jaipur OTR - Search begins for a nice trail.

Yes it is Team-bhp-NIOC OTR in Jaipur. We did it on Sunday morning. 'We' - yes only one Jeep and two folks.

Now that my jeep is serviced, tested, essentials taken care of and fully 4x4 ready (except tyres), it was time to pull my socks up and start first of our regular planned weekend OTR in Jaipur.

My friend Vivek, who also share similar interest, got really interested after seeing my last NCR-OTR pics, accompanied me and we started at 6.30 from my home.

Our plan was to search for a nice trail which should not be too far but should have good features, not very difficult (as we were only one jeep and first timers). In Jaipur we are lucky to have our share of Aravali Hills so we were confident that there won't be much problem.

We tested one dirt track, few villages, many soft roads and then we saw a gate in the fence toward hills. There was a small temple and behind that was a pleasure for offroaders. Full 4x4 terrains. We had lot of fun and thrill. Took little extra risk at few spots and did them successfully, coz I had experience of attending two NIOC-OTRs.

Finally we found a nice picnic spot way up on the hill and a nice terrain to reach there.

We took very few photos and videos, here they come.

Jaipur OTR - Search begins for a nice trail.-image_001.jpg

Jaipur OTR - Search begins for a nice trail.-image_002.jpg

Jaipur OTR - Search begins for a nice trail.-image_003.jpg

Jaipur OTR - Search begins for a nice trail.-image_004.jpg

Jaipur OTR - Search begins for a nice trail.-image_005.jpg

Jaipur OTR - Search begins for a nice trail.-image_006.jpg

Jaipur OTR - Search begins for a nice trail.-image_007.jpg

Jaipur OTR - Search begins for a nice trail.-image_008.jpg

Jaipur OTR - Search begins for a nice trail.-image_009.jpg

Jaipur OTR - Search begins for a nice trail.-image_010.jpg

More photos coming...

We finished this one soon as Vivek had appointments at 10. But from next time we plan to do 7 AM to 1 PM.

(My jeep is CL 340DP. The Classic stickers are add ons, I haven’t removed them yet as the kids like that.)

Yogesh
Old 29th March 2009, 13:59   #2
Senior - BHPian

More Photos and Videos:

Jaipur OTR - Search begins for a nice trail.-image_011.jpg

Jaipur OTR - Search begins for a nice trail.-image_012.jpg

Jaipur OTR - Search begins for a nice trail.-image_013.jpg

Jaipur OTR - Search begins for a nice trail.-image_014.jpg

Jaipur OTR - Search begins for a nice trail.-image_015.jpg

Jaipur OTR - Search begins for a nice trail.-image_016.jpg

Jaipur OTR - Search begins for a nice trail.-image_017.jpg

Jaipur OTR - Search begins for a nice trail.-image_018.jpg

Jaipur OTR - Search begins for a nice trail.-image_019.jpg

Jaipur OTR - Search begins for a nice trail.-image_020.jpg

Jaipur OTR - Search begins for a nice trail.-image_021.jpg

Jaipur OTR - Search begins for a nice trail.-image_022.jpg

Jaipur OTR - Search begins for a nice trail.-image_023.jpg

Jaipur OTR - Search begins for a nice trail.-image_024.jpg

Hope you all will enjoy. Will update this thread with all our Jaipur OTRs.

Old 29th March 2009, 14:56   #3
BHPian

going for an OTR alone?thats brave.....thank your lucky stars for not getting stuck anywhere.as qouted by NIOC mods.....the bare minimum number of vehicles,even for recces, should be three.
things can go wrong really fast and without warning.
Old 29th March 2009, 15:15   #4
BHPian

Nice OTR yogesh ,
post a video of the hill climb...
Old 29th March 2009, 15:43   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0333 View Post
going for an OTR alone?thats brave.....thank your lucky stars for not getting stuck anywhere.as qouted by NIOC mods.....the bare minimum number of vehicles,even for recces, should be three.
things can go wrong really fast and without warning.
Why three? I thought two would be enough..

Alfa_kilo bhai where are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAN_SACHDEV View Post
Nice OTR yogesh ,
post a video of the hill climb...
Thanks Aman. I don't have more videos of the hill.
Old 29th March 2009, 16:04   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
Why three? I thought two would be enough..

Alfa_kilo bhai where are you?

Thanks Aman. I don't have more videos of the hill.
Hi Yogesh,

Great going buddy. Nice OTR.

Sarab is right 3 is a good number as at times you need 2 jeeps to pull you out. You can be more adventureous.

But its a great start. Keep it up. Pls make sure ther are 2 vechiles, tow ropes and shakles.

This is the way to start and the group keeps on growing and multiplying.

Check the area behind Amer fort had attended the Ford & Willys rally. There are very nice climbs there.

Hope to see you in delhi for the next NIOC OTR on your Jeep

Redgs

Amit
Old 29th March 2009, 16:42   #7
BHPian

Good going Yogesh !!!!!!!!
The trail looks promising. I shall be in Jaipur next weekend so if you want to join me at the workshop, you are most welcome. Maybe on sunday we can do another recce trip in Jaipur with you.

Cheers !!!!!!!!
Old 29th March 2009, 21:52   #8
Senior - BHPian

Great Yogesh
Post the rest of the pics.
We ourselves did an OTR on saturday, its bad you were not there. Make sure you are there the next time, but only if you get the goodies from Jaipur.
I've heard alot about those stuffed mirchi pakoras. There are a Jaipur specialty.

Amit is right. I too think that atleast 2 vehicles is advisable for an OTR and as Sarab has pointed out the minimum what we guys do for a recce is 3 vehicles.

But you an alfa is a good start and once you start gaining popularity the Japiur group will in no time start gaining members.
Best of luck
Old 30th March 2009, 00:08   #9
BHPian

Hi, carry a tirfor and a long rope with you. The tirfor is a very versatile recovery device which will get you out of practically any trouble. Then you can offroad alone confidently!
Old 30th March 2009, 06:37   #10
Senior - BHPian

I have also noticed that you have alot of rocks and boulders at the place where you do off roading.
So why not invest in a good quality winch, then there is no harm in venturing alone.
Old 30th March 2009, 09:56   #11
BHPian

Hi Yogesh

Excellent job buddy. Looks like you are loving your 4x4! As advised by Sarab and Amit, it is always good to have a couple of jeeps with you.

Hope to see you with your jeep at the next OTR.

Cheers
Ankit
Old 30th March 2009, 12:14   #12
Senior - BHPian

Yogesh ji, thats good going with your new-love. Really appreciate the way you found the jeep and then proceeding step by step for its full use. Keep it up.
-regards,
Old 30th March 2009, 12:22   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Amit : Sarab is right 3 is a good number as at times you need 2 jeeps to pull you out. You can be more adventureous.

But its a great start. Keep it up. Pls make sure ther are 2 vechiles, tow ropes and shakles.
Quote:
@Harjeev: I too think that atleast 2 vehicles is advisable for an OTR and as Sarab has pointed out the minimum what we guys do for a recce is 3 vehicles.
Quote:
As advised by Sarab and Amit, it is always good to have a couple of jeeps with you.
Hey thanks Amit, Harjeev, Ankit, Sarab. I had that point in my mind, but you see someone has to start first. I was very cautious but still one doesn't know when the jeep gets stuck.

I think Alfa's Jeep is going to take more time. Others I know either don't have 4x4 or don't have a jeep. So I will have to go alone till the time there is another one. But will take along ropes and shakles.

Quote:
@ Randeep: Good going Yogesh !!!!!!!!
The trail looks promising. I shall be in Jaipur next weekend so if you want to join me at the workshop, you are most welcome. Maybe on sunday we can do another recce trip in Jaipur with you.
Hi Randeep, I would love to acompany you to the workshop. Hope you are coming on Saturday so that we can keep an OTR early morning on Sunday 5th April.

Anyone else want to join are most welcome. Alfa, Deky?

Quote:
Alfa_KiloHi, carry a tirfor and a long rope with you. The tirfor is a very versatile recovery device which will get you out of practically any trouble. Then you can offroad alone confidently!
My first preference would be to take you along, but as we live in two different corners of Jaipur it becomes a bit dificult. I will search Google to see what is trifor. When is your Jeep getting ready?

Quote:
harjeev: I have also noticed that you have alot of rocks and boulders at the place where you do off roading.
So why not invest in a good quality winch, then there is no harm in venturing alone.
Thats a nice idea... I will plan so I get free time on weekend of 11th when I come to delhi, as i want tyres, hooks, ropes as well as if we get a good winch.

@ Ankit, Kandisa: Thanks buddys.

Last edited by Ym-enjn : 30th March 2009 at 12:29.
Old 30th March 2009, 12:37   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
Hey thanks Amit, Harjeev, Ankit, Sarab. I had that point in my mind, but you see someone has to start first. I was very cautious but still one doesn't know when the jeep gets stuck. .
Hi Yougesh,

Ill be sending you the number of Anukraman in Jaipur he has a Gypsy and is also the guy how was involved in routing out the Desert Strom track. Get in touch with him. He is a very active enthusiast

REdgs

Amit
Old 30th March 2009, 14:45   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Great going buddy. keep it up. That's the spirit and nice to see 4x4/off-road enthusiasts all over the country.

As others have mentioned, do have at least 1 more jeep/4x4 with you.

BTW, nice terrain for some good rock/boulder climbing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks