Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2009, 15:37   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
Guys here's the headlight's cum blackout lights from the T-90, which are the same as those fitted on all the T-series tanks from T-54 onwards, and also a few armoured cars. I've been collecting these things for some 8-10 yrs, and i loads more, but just clicked a picuter of whatever was close at hand.
Attachment 124611
The other things are the Aircraft landing lights, a couple of hunting spotlights, a Tank commanders copula spotlight(i'am going to fit the aircraft lights in it), and one of the few gunmounts that came off the gunports of a BTR80 armoured fighting vehicle.
Everything excluding that yellow " cheap quality chinese" but still very useful hunting light, with a little modifications done to be able to run on 12V automobile AUX. power, besides it's own 6V battery working the 260watt bulb out of a projector. On it's own power it last no-more than 8 minutes, but the range is about a Km strong.
The commander's searchlight should be an IR lamp. Do you have the IR filter and vision device by any chance?
Old 13th April 2009, 16:00   #17
BHPian

Nope, the IR light(or whatever that heat device is called), came in the same done that those head cum blackout lights came in, except it did'nt have the hood. I had one light with that lens, but it was shattered. It had a normal light inside, and the bulb/heat producing element was missing(in 90% of the lights i saw, they never had a bulb, except the ones i took off the BTR80).
The Copula light infact belongs to some british design, not russian.

And the vision Device,lol, are you kidding? The tanks or fighting vehicles are auctioned off after the military takes them off, Security reasons they say, so that secret army tech cannot be transfered alsewhere. All the weapons are taken off, cut into different parts and then sold. The rifles end up the same way( but there have been reports of intact Indian made Fn-fal's or SLR-L1A1's selling in U.S./Canada, don't ask me how). The turrent and gun too are cut up by the kabbardi wallas at their own cost before they are allowed to take them out of the army premises.
Old 13th April 2009, 16:20   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
Hey, its off-topic, but i just went through harjeev's gallery regarding the same trip, and i saw this dog there, probably clicked next to the haveli. Does anybody know what this breed is? looks like some sort of a mix between a guddi and a pakistani bully. Anyone?
Photo 252 ?

Does not look as if there is any bully in that (even with all the bully breed variations).

If you want to see some bully imported into UK then check following :

newshikari.com - bullykutta.net & mbkdogs.com
Old 13th April 2009, 16:28   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
Photo 252 ?

Does not look as if there is any bully in that (even with all the bully breed variations).

If you want to see some bully imported into UK then check following :

newshikari.com - bullykutta.net & mbkdogs.com
The Dog belongs to Sultan Singh, whose dhani we had gone to for breakfast. The dog that everyone is reffering to is a Desi and a Gaddi mix and nothing more. My Chacha Ajaybir has a Bully but thats not clicked in any picture.
Old 13th April 2009, 16:33   #20
BHPian

There are many different types of bullies. The ones that have great-dane blood are the big huge bullies, and the ones that have pitbull blood are sindhi bullies. Many of them cross the border chasing wild boars and caught by ppl or the army men hand them to ppl in nearby villages who fight them. Infact, since these are all basically fighting dogs, let me tell you that the indian bullterriers are the original bullterriers brought here by the britishers, and since they were primarily used for fighting they remained as they originally were. Abroad they were breed into showdogs, just the same way that todays American staffardshire terriers are nothing but pitbulls bred for looks, height, and stuff. There are many dogs today that were originally bred for fighting but later bred for looks. The bulldog is one of them, and the originals were as big as the american bulldog is.
Old 13th April 2009, 16:35   #21
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to go off topic.

Thanks for clearing that up Randeep, please take some pics of the bully next time you are there. Will be interesting to compare the way the Indian bully have gone compared to the Pakistani variations. A shame that the bully is not listed by dogsindia.com.

Brutus,

Do they have Gull Terriers in India ? Also do they still get over the border in Punjab, was the border not all fenced off a few years ago in Punjab ?

Last edited by bigman : 13th April 2009 at 16:43.
Old 13th April 2009, 16:54   #22
Senior - BHPian

Randeep et all,

A Tank and a Tata 2.5ton 4x4? Seriously? where did you get access to these beauties?

Now thats on hell of a OTR
Old 13th April 2009, 17:01   #23
BHPian

The indian bullterriers are called Gull terrs in pak and bull terrs in India.

As for the fencing, originally it used to be a 1 foot gap criss-crossed fence. Though not big enough for a wild boar to pass through but its skin is so thick and strong that it would just bash through, which is something you have to see to beleive. The last 2 kms of the border have only army jurisdiction and not police, so its very common so see desi sharab di bhattis(hooch) there, and the army men were fine with ppl hunting as long as you give them a few kills. Compared to the indian side, the pakistanis are not strict at all, i mean you can see shepards grazing their stock right along the border, but on the indian side, theres no entry after 5:00pm. Besides,the land on the pakistani side is all barren since landholding there are still owned by feudal lords, and they dont bother with the 300acres or so they might have next to the border, while we indians farm on pratically the last inch of the border. The pakistanis don't kill wild boars since they're muslims, but blue bull and deer they do. So there were plenty of boars on that side which would run for cover to the indian side, and if the dogs chased them they too would follow.
Now the gap in the fence is just 6-8" wide and electrocuted, so the game has ended, but there are areas in Kutch that have no fence at all. But still there are gates beteen the lines and they are sometimes kept open, so these things still happen sometimes.
Old 13th April 2009, 17:54   #24
Senior - BHPian

The experience of riding in the tank must have been mindblowing. The white modified jeep looks like a dabwali product. Is it so? However the seats look really impressive. Are these the desi type of seats manufactured in dabwali or taken from some imported vehicle?
-regards,
Old 14th April 2009, 10:50   #25
BHPian

Hi,
Some more videos.
Lots more to come.

Cheers !!!!!!!!!
Old 14th April 2009, 13:56   #26
BHPian

More Video's

Hi Everyone,

These are some more videos from my side.

The boys playing with their toys !!!!!!!!

Cheers !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 14th April 2009, 16:14   #27
Senior - BHPian

you guys seem to have done lot of sand roading Good show people. Did the engines overheat? In palar the moment we hit sand in 2nd or 3rd low the temp needle climbs up.
Old 14th April 2009, 16:18   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
you guys seem to have done lot of sand roading Good show people. Did the engines overheat? In palar the moment we hit sand in 2nd or 3rd low the temp needle climbs up.
Hi Vinod,

Yes there were a few Jeeps over heating but then we did the trail with pit stops so the engines got a breather and so did we.

Cheers !!!!!!!!!!
Old 14th April 2009, 17:36   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandisa View Post
The experience of riding in the tank must have been mindblowing. The white modified jeep looks like a dabwali product. Is it so? However the seats look really impressive. Are these the desi type of seats manufactured in dabwali or taken from some imported vehicle?
-regards,
kandisa i know where this is coming from.even i liked the seats,they are electronically operated,which i dont like personally on a jeep.dont worry we will find good seats for you soon.
Old 14th April 2009, 21:17   #30
BHPian

Hey, this OTR really looks great. Who does the green MM 550 with the green netting belong to? I drive by that house in Gurgaon almost everyday..

Kudos to the gentleman who takes care of all those amazing vehicles. I have been seeing a GAZ 69(if i'm not mistaken) in the making. I also remember seeing something that looked like a Jonga Chassis parked right outside the house not long back.. Not to forget e couple of vintage cars (is one of them an Austin? pardon my ignorance).

Once while driving by I also saw 2 Defender 90s parked there (was that a club meet?).

You sir, lead a very interesting life indeed.

Most Viewed