Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2009, 12:22   #16
BHPian

Nice to see some nice off roading in Rajasthan.

Your place is aprox 375 Km far from me and if you will plan to do similar kind of off roading, I am sure it would be worth driving the distacne and joining you guys.

Let me know if you have plan on any 2nd Saturday of the month and I will surelly try to join you.

Regards, Naren / 93143 92938
Old 28th April 2009, 13:33   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSlow View Post
Yogesh - looks like the Jaipur NIOC chapter has really kicked off! Good fun you guys had. The Rock-Crusher was a bit risky, but there is something to learn from all your experiences.
Cheers
Ankit
Thanks Ankit, we all are planning to come to NIOC NCR OTR sometime to discuss and experience more with you guys.. and call all of you here for same but that seems to be possible only after the burning summers.

Every offroader his share of nerve raising incidence.. totally agreed one learns a lot from those..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertKing View Post
Nice to see some nice off roading in Rajasthan.

Your place is aprox 375 Km far from me and if you will plan to do similar kind of off roading, I am sure it would be worth driving the distacne and joining you guys.

Let me know if you have plan on any 2nd Saturday of the month and I will surelly try to join you.

Regards, Naren / 93143 92938
Hi Naren, till now we are testing different trails. We ourselves don't have any idea how the OTR is going to be and what would be the terrain that day. Once we find out 3-4 nice routs we will start repeating them and then we would know exactly what we are going for.

Now coming Sunday we are again going into the dry river bed, which we did one Sunday before. This time we will start from Tala, from where we left and will try to join that river bed with this trail. It is going to be a long 25+8 to 10 kms of rally track. That too in hot burning sand. (Ahh.. that way you really like the rest of week with 6 days of luxury in office or home)
Old 28th April 2009, 17:42   #18
Senior - BHPian

I missed one episode.. here it comes.

This one needed guts to begin with.. and increased our confidence after completion..
Old 28th April 2009, 18:16   #19
Senior - BHPian

Iam faling in love with that simple but effective Mahindra CJ4 Petrol. :-)))
Old 28th April 2009, 18:41   #20
BHPian

That is not a CJ-4, it is a CL-540PI. Its engine power delivery was somewhat like the hurricane.
Old 28th April 2009, 20:13   #21
Senior - BHPian

Along with pickup and power even the suspension of the petrol jeep was very nice. It was in stock condition, the owner has only put in new battery and changed to old tyres.. It had FE of 6 kmpl and was CM pilot jeep before auction.
Old 29th April 2009, 15:03   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Great going folks. The terrain looks great and full of loose gravel/small rocks/boulders.

Did you try climbing the hillock that is shown in pictures (where the jeeps are at the base of the hill??)

Also, in the mud rutted trail, did you folks try climbing the mud walls??
Old 29th April 2009, 17:33   #23
Senior - BHPian

ym-engn,

You folks have found very good OTR spot for yourselves. Look real challenging. Keep 4 Wheels rolling.

Dwarak
Old 29th April 2009, 21:14   #24
BHPian

Nice OTR Mr.Yogesh, rockroading video is scary.
I will also try to be there for off-roading some day...
Old 30th April 2009, 11:44   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Great going folks. The terrain looks great and full of loose gravel/small rocks/boulders.

Did you try climbing the hillock that is shown in pictures (where the jeeps are at the base of the hill??)

Also, in the mud rutted trail, did you folks try climbing the mud walls??
No boss.. didn't tried both things.. that hillock was full of big loose rocks and boulders and non of us had any previous experience of that so we decided to leave it for later stage when we have someone expert to lead us.. Infact we were remembering you and your gypsy there.. any date free in your diary..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaraka View Post
ym-engn,

You folks have found very good OTR spot for yourselves. Look real challenging. Keep 4 Wheels rolling.

Dwarak
Thanks dwaraka, it really is a nice terrain, only problem being that there were too many big thorns. And I think nothing could be done to avoid harm from them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAN_SACHDEV View Post
Nice OTR Mr.Yogesh, rockroading video is scary.
I will also try to be there for off-roading some day...
Come along, will be fun to have your mighty Safari do the dry river bed.. That track is ideal for it...
Old 30th April 2009, 13:19   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Vinod and all - the "petrol peugeot" engine is known as P2150 and is an XDP4.90 converted to petrol application for exports. It was sold in Lebanon and Gulf countries. It does not even meet Euro 1. It only meets ECE 15.03. The fuel system contains a vapour separator.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 30th April 2009, 15:28   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Vinod and all - the "petrol peugeot" engine is known as P2150 and is an XDP4.90 converted to petrol application for exports. It was sold in Lebanon and Gulf countries. It does not even meet Euro 1. It only meets ECE 15.03. The fuel system contains a vapour separator.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar

Dhabhar sir,
What is that model called? Iam aware of P2150, but forgot the jeep model name shown in the picture.
Further on P2150 i guess this engine was even sold in CNG guise on few HT commander models in Gujrat. Does MM440 also have this engine only?
Old 1st May 2009, 13:47   #28
Senior - BHPian

Atlast i get to see the videos:-)

The champs gypsy looks nice. Rally style.

The video where the yam did a small jump was nice. I know of a person who would have ended up doing the same hill continuously as he likes such jumps.
Old 10th May 2009, 16:19   #29
BHPian

Hi Yogesh,

It seems it is raining Jeeps everywhere man, which ever thread one visits it is about Jeeps and Offroading. Seems you guys had an amazing time. The tires on the red Jeep look quite lame for offroading. Do you plan to change them at any point of time?

Regards
Old 11th May 2009, 11:33   #30
Senior - BHPian

Done that already. This pic is from our OTR yesterday on Sunday 10 May. I will post a report on that soon.

Nice OTR Jaipur- 26 April09 (Pics and Videos)-image_006.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks