Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2009, 15:42   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Though it is a looooooooooooooong time away for now, but still, count me in. I know 2-3 days in sand & more sand & then some more sand may not be everyone's great idea for off-roading, but I want be part of TPC at-least once.

Cheers,
Khan bhai,

Would be nice to see you and your gypsy in this part of the country. I agree the terrain to be 80% sand obstacles but expect some water crossings, mud bog downs, slush and driving through tall bushes. The things you may not find is rock climb and snow drifting
Old 29th April 2009, 15:48   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
Khan bhai,

Would be nice to see you and your gypsy in this part of the country. I agree the terrain to be 80% sand obstacles but expect some water crossings, mud bog downs, slush and driving through tall bushes. The things you may not find is rock climb and snow drifting
My total sand off-road experience is < 200 mts. This is one more reason I want to be part of of TPC. Learn & experience first hand what all goes into off-roading on sand.
Old 29th April 2009, 15:52   #18
BHPian

i would love to do TPC , but i am only dreading the heat.
no a/c, rexine/art leather seat covers, windows up to prevent getting "sand blasted" by the vehicle in front. its gonna be crazy in my hard top gypsy .
Old 29th April 2009, 15:57   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddartha View Post
no a/c, rexine/art leather seat covers, windows up to prevent getting "sand blasted" by the vehicle in front. its gonna be crazy in my hard top gypsy .
Well, the home page does say that -- not for sissies
Old 29th April 2009, 16:00   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Well, the home page does say that -- not for sissies
so i am guessing farah will be doing TPC in your gypsy.
Old 29th April 2009, 16:08   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My total sand off-road experience is < 200 mts. This is one more reason I want to be part of of TPC. Learn & experience first hand what all goes into off-roading on sand.
Well khan if that is the case, then you must come. Especially with your Gypsy it would be interesting as the choice of gears becomes very important for steep climbs. Vikram wiil be in a better position to tell you. Since you are a seasoned offroadiee you will take little time to adapt.

Even MP srinivas in his armada found it difficuilt in intial stages, was getting stuck often, but the following days it was hard to believe that a DI armada could manage most of the obstacles

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddartha View Post
It will be very hot..very very hot!! Just few kms of driving on sand makes almost every vehicle overheat and so will the human body. The second and third day would be tougher as you will be exhusted by heat. It is so hot that even i thought of retiring on second day as my radiator got busted...but Arka and my team advised me to hang on and it paid

Last edited by khan_sultan : 29th April 2009 at 17:35. Reason: back to back posts
Old 29th April 2009, 22:59   #22
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Nice, appreciate the early headsup Arka. I am very tempted to come all the way down, but an 80% sand terrain is not to my liking (as Khan said, individual preferences).

What would it cost for someone from Mumbai to participate? 40 grand (including trucking the Jeep down)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
i)Corporate/Team Entries i.e TEAMBHP, Hyd JEEPers, M&M etc
Just a request : Any team officially carrying the Team-BHP name will have to first seek approval from the mod team.
Old 30th April 2009, 00:37   #23
BHPian

Guys this look to be a real tough challange,All you guys who have done it before are really lucky. Hope we had something like this happening in pune, keeping my fingers crossed just in case fairy godmother decides to shower her blessings(The green stuff) on me i might get to experince it fisrt hand. I would love to rough it out may it be sand,mud,rock.water,slush,bushes anything offroad ill do it no douth considering my jeep limits and safety of me and the others around.
Old 30th April 2009, 10:13   #24
Senior - BHPian

Cost of Participation for TPC2009

ACCOMMODATION AND FOOD
The full boarding & lodging package will cost Rs 2,600/- per head -- from 16:00hrs on 13 Aug till breakfast on 16 Aug. (These rates are indicative. There might be minor revisions.)

Legally wedded spouses of the opposite sex will not be charged. Neither will 2 legitimate children below 12 years of age who accompany their parents. All other children upto 18 years, will be charged half rates.

People who have not paid package costs will be charged for the [COLOR=windowtext]lunch packs[/COLOR] @ Rs 450/- per pack. ( This will include Ice-Box, rehydration drinks, energy bars and lunch)

INCIDENTAL CHARGES
Certain incidental and overheads (approx Rs 500/- per person) that will be incurred will be recovered at actuals from every individual, whether he has a vehicle or not. These charges include:
(a) Wages for support staff.
(b) Accommodation and food for support staff.
(c) Stationery
(d) Any other organisational expenses.

Regards,

Arka
Old 30th April 2009, 12:22   #25
BHPian

Sounds like a lot of fun. I wish i could join, but i don't have a vehicle ready(not by the time). Maybe this is going to be my target next yr, and a great opportunity to meet like minded people.
Best of luck, guys, to everyone participating.
Old 30th April 2009, 15:30   #26
Senior - BHPian

Hey brutus,
You are welcome as a co-passenger. You dont have to have a jeep. Be a spectator first and next year you can participate in your formidable jonga:-)
Old 30th April 2009, 17:14   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Nice, appreciate the early headsup Arka. I am very tempted to come all the way down, but an 80% sand terrain is not to my liking (as Khan said, individual preferences).

What would it cost for someone from Mumbai to participate? 40 grand (including trucking the Jeep down)?

Just a request : Any team officially carrying the Team-BHP name will have to first seek approval from the mod team.
We could organize for a trailer to truck down jeeps, gypsies, and other 4x4s for the event. Logistics could be shared by the participants from Mumbai and could be very affordable. Maybe Samurai could also load his 340 up when the truck's near his town.
Old 30th April 2009, 18:28   #28
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Sounds like a plan, Nitrous. I'd love to come and will try my best to schedule accordingly.
Old 30th April 2009, 19:17   #29
BHPian

Hi Arka,

Last time I could not make it in spite of your reminding me twice, How ever I would like to make it this time. Can You pl offer your advice on,

1. weather a Pajero can take this terrain. I am asking this after I saw some photos of puppy shame pajero and Tusker pushed pajero in the OTR sections .

2. I have not done a OTR or saw one till today. is it advisable to participate or should I just come and watch for the first time?

Thanks.
Old 30th April 2009, 19:54   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
Hey brutus,
You are welcome as a co-passenger. You dont have to have a jeep. Be a spectator first and next year you can participate in your formidable jonga:-)
Lol, was thinking about it. I'am planning to spend a couple of months in Bangalore, so probably i'll be there when when this event takes place. If i'am there, i'll be counting on you to give me a ride. Thanks for the offer.

If i'am not, there's another friend planning to go down from Rajasthan, so maybe i can hitch a ride with him. Things like these are the best places to gain experiences. If not anything else, i sure everyone can always learn a thing or two.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks