Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2009, 23:00   #46
BHPian

NIOC* guys, Any plan for TPC2009. If yes, please follow my thread..

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post1285814

* NIOC = North India Offroad Club from Delhi.
Old 4th May 2009, 12:39   #47
Senior - BHPian

Can M&M team join us?

Dear behram sir,
Since GTO and all are planning to come to chennai for this year palar event why dont you join us with few M&M 4wds? Would be a great to have you here and since participanting vehicles are primarly of Mahindra lineage you can have a funfilled business trip. Possible?
Old 6th May 2009, 10:22   #48
Senior - BHPian

TPC over the years - 2008

In 2008 we wanted to make the event reasonably difficult, and the organization was centralized using the AdventureZone camp as our base.

We had 9 participants in 3 teams, going through all the obstacles.

The weather was pleasant and the participants enjoyed the event and the management.

We tried a few slush and Water section but, we did not have enough personnel on the organizers side so we left out some very interesting obstacles .
Attached Thumbnails
INDIA's Toughest 4WD off-Road Competition - TPC2009-tpc08-15-aug-purnima-022.jpg  

INDIA's Toughest 4WD off-Road Competition - TPC2009-tpc08-15-aug-purnima-025.jpg  

INDIA's Toughest 4WD off-Road Competition - TPC2009-tpc08-15-aug-purnima-026.jpg  

INDIA's Toughest 4WD off-Road Competition - TPC2009-tpc08-15-aug-purnima-040.jpg  

INDIA's Toughest 4WD off-Road Competition - TPC2009-tpc08-15-aug-purnima-052.jpg  

INDIA's Toughest 4WD off-Road Competition - TPC2009-tpc08-15-aug-purnima-053.jpg  

INDIA's Toughest 4WD off-Road Competition - TPC2009-tpc08-15-aug-purnima-063.jpg  

INDIA's Toughest 4WD off-Road Competition - TPC2009-tpc08-poornima-038.jpg  

INDIA's Toughest 4WD off-Road Competition - TPC2009-tpc08-poornima-084.jpg  

INDIA's Toughest 4WD off-Road Competition - TPC2009-tpc08-poornima-101.jpg  

Old 6th May 2009, 10:57   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
In 2008 we wanted to make the event reasonably difficult, and the organization was centralized using the AdventureZone camp as our base.

The weather was pleasant and the participants enjoyed the event and the management.

We tried a few slush and Water section but, we did not have enough personnel on the organizers side so we left out some very interesting obstacles .
You seems to be better planned for this year so I hope you will have more participants for TPC-2009.

Also hopefully bigger team in event managment and thus tuffer obstacles.

I suppose UBS is also planning to come there so it would be good chance for all Jeep lover to meet him there.

All the very best for grand success of the event.
Old 6th May 2009, 12:04   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Arka was the weather pleasent?? I am sure it was not. I agree it was not scortching Hot but was Hot enough man. After the 3 day event i was tanned enough and it was quite a challenge for my wife to recognize me

Well, this time if u insist i can be on the organizers side helping you on recee and other stuff so that u dont miss on interesting obstacles.
Old 6th May 2009, 15:00   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertKing View Post
You seems to be better planned for this year so I hope you will have more participants for TPC-2009. ...
I really hope & would want as many off-roaders to take part in TPC this year. afterall the more the better/merrier.

Also, I have heard that event organization last year was spot on and camps at Adventure Zone are great and provide ALL the creature comforts that one looks for at the end of an day in the sun n sand.

I am looking forward to this years edition and request that jeepers from all parts of the country -- especially from nearby places/states to attend it.
Old 7th May 2009, 03:12   #52
Senior - BHPian

How to Cj3Bs or 3A or Jeeps participate in this event. Obviously none of them have seat belts ?
Old 7th May 2009, 10:04   #53
Senior - BHPian

Safety - Seat-Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox View Post
How to Cj3Bs or 3A or Jeeps participate in this event. Obviously none of them have seat belts ?
FIT a seat belt and next year a M&M CLASSIC roll-cage is mandatory for SWB JEEPs.
Old 9th May 2009, 19:38   #54
Senior - BHPian

So whats the Head count for TPC 09

1. Headers
2. Ex670C
3. Vinod_Nookala
4. KS ??
5. Dwaraka ??
Old 9th May 2009, 22:14   #55
Team-BHP Support

Vikram, you are trying to count too soon. It will be late July before you can get some realistic numbers.
Old 10th May 2009, 06:58   #56
Senior - BHPian

Sharat, the guys need to prepare the vehicles and hence the post. Dwarak and KS are keen on making it and have started the process of making their 4x4s, a 4 x 4.

Unfortunately, it is not a one off offroad where one can decide to jump at the last moment.

BTW, are you interested in participating? One can also plan their official time
Old 11th May 2009, 12:49   #57
BHPian

Arka guess it would be helpful if you were to put up a list of mandatory requirements and specs for the event. And talking about it being too early to have a headcount, it pretty much seems the other way around. Time seems to be a premium and the regulars seem to be already at it by getting into the prep mode. As Vikram says it sure aint an one off event to jump it at the last moment. Hence the time frame does become vital.

@headers - neat avtar. It sure is a lot easier to comprehend than the previous one

Last edited by petrol_head : 11th May 2009 at 12:51.
Old 11th May 2009, 15:30   #58
Senior - BHPian

Vehicle Preparation

1)Air-Filter
2)Tyres
3)Canvas Top
4)Towing/Recovery Points
5)Snorkel
6)Cooling System.
7)Seat Belts
8)Spares & Stowage

1)Air-Filter –
a.I would suggest all participants to change to the M&M Paper Element type air-filters. The have a choice of the large metal drums or the smaller MDI3200TC type plastic drum.
b.Rotate the Air-Filter Inlet towards the top and turn the rubber hose towards the cowl (pedals). This will give the system a 4-5inch advantage and will not suck in water will fording.

2)Tyres – Some recommended sized.
a.235-75-15 for CJ3B (BFG AT KA perform brilliantly)
b.7.00X16 for CJ3B (NDMS floats a CJ3B very well)
c.7.50X16 for MM540 (Sand Grip/Bullet are Ideal for an MM540)
d.235-70-16 for MM540 (BFG AT KA perform brilliantly)

We have seen All-Terrain tyres performing well during this event. Mud terrain tyres tend to dig in a bit too much but their section width compensates for the aggressive tread pattern.

Deflate the tyres Radials to 20psi and Nylon/Cross-Ply to15psi

3)Canvas – Full length Canvas top with all the sides rolled up provide ideal screening from the sun and good all-around visibility.

4)Towing/Recovery Points -
a.Rear – Towing Hook JEEP type or an OEM Towing Loops/ welded U-Clamps. Gypsy/Gurkha please check these points.
b.Fronts – JEEPs carry a rope sling (garfil 5-10mts). Gypsy/Gurkha please check these points.

5)Snorkel – Will be very help in the long run as
i.It will draw air from outside the bonnet and higher up, less dust= longer air filter life.
ii.By properly raising the air-intake fording will become easier.

6)Cooling System – It is advisable to remove the Thermostat during the TPC2009.
i.We have observed the Thermostat does not allow the vehicle to cool down below 80°C, also it restricts the flow of the water.

ii.A heavy duty (4 core) radiator is beneficial and improves cooling. However well maintained OEM radiators are adequate.

iii.A push fan i.e A/C condenser fan which pushes air into the radiator is very helpful.

iv.However I strongly recommend using the thermostat in diesel engines for everyday use and cooler weather OTRs & for highway drives.

7)Seat Belts – Its must for all vehicles, CJ3B/SWB/Major/CJ500D we suggest them to fit a roll cage.

8)Spares and Stowage –
i.All equipment and Kits must be fastened/secured to the body or chassis. i.e. Hi-Lift Jacks, Tow Cables, Jerry Cans, Tool Kits
ii.All loose items must be stored under the driver & co-passengers seat and co-passenger’s foot well. E.g. to prevent items flying out, or hitting either participants, or distracting the driver.
Old 15th May 2009, 11:59   #59
BHPian

Now that is quite an elaborate explanation. I guess the headcount that Vikram started needs to go on since it would be helpful for the organizers as well as the participants in terms of preparation as there seems to be quite a bit of interest from across the country with regards to the event.

@ Arka - Out of curiosity, what numbers are we looking at ? What preps to beat the heat though the weather should be a lot better than what we got now.
Old 15th May 2009, 12:50   #60
Senior - BHPian

Beat the Heat!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_head View Post
@ Arka - Out of curiosity, what numbers are we looking at ? What preps to beat the heat though the weather should be a lot better than what we got now.
2006 - Day#1 -- 11 & Day#2 -- 9 participants + 8 organizers
2007 - Day#1 -- 11 & Day#2 -- 6+7 participants + 6 organizers
2008 - Day#1 & 2 -- 9 participants + 4 organizers

guess the average is 10 participants .

BEAT THE HEAT

1) Avoid partying very hard, at night during the event.

2) Drink the fluids provided.

3) Wear loose fitting full-sleeved shirt and trousers & shoes.

4) Drink some more the fluids provided.

5) To cut the glare sunglasses and a hat/cap/scarf.

6) Those with sensitive skin i.e SUNSCREEN.

7) the Howler in the Prowler; JEEPTHRILLS's very own Doc.Jones suggests ."Take a tablet of ' Hydroxy Chloroquine ' one hour before the exposure and can be repeated every 6-8 hrs, this is the same tablet taken for malaria {Tab-HCQS}. Apply Hydroquinone cream { Melalite forte } to the exposed part of the skin. This will prevent a bit of tanning and burn. This cream can be applied with sun screen lotion too."

8) Drink all the fluids provided.

9) Carry an UMBRELLA

10) Drink all the fluids provided and then some.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks