Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2009, 12:09   #16
BHPian

Yes all are welcome,...however after the last fiasco with orderliness and head count going out off hand.
Regulations are going to get more stringent.

Points to keep in mind if you want to join in.

1. No Alcohol consumption in Jeeps during off-roading.
2. Head count and pre-approval of/by moderators a must before turning up.
3. There tend to be small children and women in the fold and language needs to be civil, this includes jokes with undertones.
4. If you have not been off-road extensively but own a 4x4 ensure you talk to one of the MODS before attempting something even remotely aggressive.

The NIOC is in the process of formulating their regulations and hopefully should have it completed and posted on the yahoo groups site soon.

Cheers All !

Last edited by Torque-ative : 21st May 2009 at 12:11. Reason: added info.
Old 21st May 2009, 14:52   #17
BHPian

Which MT tyres are these on the green jeep and how much they cost. Even the alloys look beautiful.

NCR-Night Drive OTR May 16, 09-image_053.jpg
Old 21st May 2009, 15:27   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhandle View Post
Which MT tyres are these on the green jeep and how much they cost. Even the alloys look beautiful.

Attachment 138363
Hi Rahul,

These are Maxxis Mudzilla's and the approx cost is Rs.8500 a tyre.

These are not at all good if you travel mostly on tarmac.

Cheers !!!

Randeep
Old 21st May 2009, 20:24   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque-ative View Post
Yes all are welcome,...however after the last fiasco with orderliness and head count going out off hand.
Regulations are going to get more stringent.

Points to keep in mind if you want to join in.

1. No Alcohol consumption in Jeeps during off-roading.

Na sir na i cant event think of drinking while driving
2. Head count and pre-approval of/by moderators a must before turning up.
Sure
3. There tend to be small children and women in the fold and language needs to be civil, this includes jokes with undertones.
Indeed sir all the respect for the Ladies and Wee ones.
i my self is a family man.
4. If you have not been off-road extensively but own a 4x4 ensure you talk to one of the MODS before attempting something even remotely aggressive.
I dont have a 4x4 for now

The NIOC is in the process of formulating their regulations and hopefully should have it completed and posted on the yahoo groups site soon.

Cheers All !
All of the above would be kept in mind sir
Old 21st May 2009, 21:24   #20
BHPian

Hi Shahid,

It was a pleasure meeting you at this OTR. Though I missed most of the action due to joining in the tarck late. It was great fun. Nice pics

@ Randeep, Great pics boss. Missed meeting you. Lets meet at the next OTR or before that.

regds

Amit
Old 22nd May 2009, 17:58   #21
Senior - BHPian

Just saw the stuck up Pajero. That is completely wrong approach angle for such an obstacle. it can be approached and conquered diagonally at best. Anything straight risks getting beached as the Pajero has. Actually looking again, that is a wrong obstacle for the Pajero to attempt in the first place. Maybe he could have selected an alternative approach.

I have been stuck in similar terrain with nothing more than a shovel to get me out.
Old 22nd May 2009, 19:29   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
Just saw the stuck up Pajero. That is completely wrong approach angle for such an obstacle. it can be approached and conquered diagonally at best. Anything straight risks getting beached as the Pajero has. Actually looking again, that is a wrong obstacle for the Pajero to attempt in the first place. Maybe he could have selected an alternative approach.

I have been stuck in similar terrain with nothing more than a shovel to get me out.
Hi Jay,

The Pajero had approached the obstacle diagonally as you can clearly see in the pics, but the vehicle slid a bit sideways therefore letting the under belly rest on sand.

Cheers, enjoy the weekend !!!!!!!

Randeep
Old 22nd May 2009, 20:17   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
Its so amazing seeing somany jeep and other 4x4s doing their thing. i would love to join you all for next one but allas i dont have a jeep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by randeep04 View Post
You Still can join us Desideep. Even I do not have a Jeep but other jeepers are kind enough to accommodate me provided there is space.

The NIOC group welcomes offroading enthusiasts.

Cheers !!!!!!
Yeah Desi
you can always join in. But it would be better if you register at the NIOC hompage as last time there was alot of confusion with regards to who is actually coming and who's not. Here is the link
BTW you had sent me a Pm and I replied you back on the query and was anticipating your call, but you din't call me???

@ Randeep
Now I can see what you meant when you said that the Pajero was stuck really bad.
Who did tow it out at the end???
Old 23rd May 2009, 03:48   #24
Senior - BHPian

Sorry Harjeev bai jee was planing to call you on saturday but been extreamly busy and i am going to sign up for the club rite away. thanks a lot

was not able to join as i am in office and the yahoo groups is restricted . will go home and do it
Old 23rd May 2009, 09:23   #25
Senior - BHPian

OTR pictures from my side

Again my bad, I didn't manage to take many pictures during the OTR. Actually I took out my camera only when I saw Sanjeev's MM550 stuck fantastically at almost a very steep angle.
Attached Thumbnails
NCR-Night Drive OTR May 16, 09-img_8912.jpg  

NCR-Night Drive OTR May 16, 09-img_8914.jpg  

NCR-Night Drive OTR May 16, 09-img_8915.jpg  

NCR-Night Drive OTR May 16, 09-img_8917.jpg  

NCR-Night Drive OTR May 16, 09-img_8919.jpg  

NCR-Night Drive OTR May 16, 09-img_8920.jpg  

NCR-Night Drive OTR May 16, 09-img_8921.jpg  

NCR-Night Drive OTR May 16, 09-img_8922.jpg  

NCR-Night Drive OTR May 16, 09-img_8923.jpg  

NCR-Night Drive OTR May 16, 09-img_8924.jpg  

NCR-Night Drive OTR May 16, 09-img_8925.jpg  

NCR-Night Drive OTR May 16, 09-img_8926.jpg  

NCR-Night Drive OTR May 16, 09-img_8927.jpg  

NCR-Night Drive OTR May 16, 09-img_8930.jpg  

NCR-Night Drive OTR May 16, 09-img_8931.jpg  

Old 23rd May 2009, 11:55   #26
Senior - BHPian

Thanks AMit. The pleasure was mutual. It was so nice to meet you in person after interacting on the forum.

Hitting a sand pit on this trip was fun. Back in natural off road environment after a long time! Although it was only a small patch.

The trip was fun and everyone was so helpful.

General Rabindra SIngh did s field strip of my solex carburettor and got my vehicle moving after I expereinced trouble with a dust / debris blockage in it.

The going was not so touch but the bracket holding my battery broke. We were able to fix it with some local innovation.

It was tough controlling the Jeep on high revs off road but I did manage it.

All the repair work is done now. Carburettor cleaning, resetting, overhaul, service, battery bracket welding.

Even some new carpets in the jeep.

Ready for the next one now soon.
Old 23rd May 2009, 13:25   #27
BHPian

Shahid bhai,even though we did not speak much during the OTR,...I must ask you to let us taste some authentic gosht biriyani next time around !!!
Old 24th May 2009, 10:59   #28
Senior - BHPian

Well a request for Mutton Biryani can definetely be entertained for the next OTR. My wife does make some real good Biryani, I will carry a whole deg full on the next trip. Actually we have done that many times during the Dubai off road trips.

Which car were you driving on the 16th ? And what is the real name of Torque-active ?
Old 24th May 2009, 12:20   #29
BHPian

Shahid Bhai,..I've been to your house with Pushkin and Arjun to check out your Cj3B. As I do not have a jeep yet, I was with Raj (performance auto) and Arjun this time. The real name is Naveen and the T-bhp handle is Torque-ative ,...cheers !
Old 24th May 2009, 20:04   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque-ative View Post
Shahid Bhai,..I've been to your house with Pushkin and Arjun to check out your Cj3B. As I do not have a jeep yet, I was with Raj (performance auto) and Arjun this time. The real name is Naveen and the T-bhp handle is Torque-ative ,...cheers !
Hey Naveen,
Any luck with the CL340 you wanted to checkout with Amit??
I dont know whether you want to go in for a diesel or a petrol but you want to go in for a hurricane then there are a couple of 3B at Padam and one of them is in a very nice shape, body line wise.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks