Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2009, 10:47   #46
Team-BHP Support

Hey Gypsy-boy your bro n law, do post more. If am not mistaken, your bro n law was the one with a great kit in hand and was also into nature shooting?
Old 10th June 2009, 10:48   #47
Senior - BHPian

Guys,
Why is Haryali's pickup wearing grossly wrong shoes? He is regular to offroad, then why highway biased tyres?
Also guys wearing JK brute comment...my impressions of these tyres offroad isnt great. How did MRF wandrer perform? DId you see any difference between the HT tyres on Harg's safari performing inferior to A/T tyres on other vehicles? Also did safari do the water crossing without a tow??

Iam trying to know the real world performance difference between HT and AT tyres.(Maxxis not included). My experience says not much of difference, but HT tyres give you decidedly more life than any AT tyre....comments guys!

Last edited by vinod_nookala : 10th June 2009 at 10:52.
Old 10th June 2009, 10:55   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaraka View Post
You were cool on OTR.
Is that because he was serving chilled water all the time?
Ajay, nice to know that you are utilising your gypsy to the MAX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
Guys,
Why is Haryali's pickup wearing grossly wrong shoes? He is regular to offroad, then why highway biased tyres?
Hi Vinod,
The reason is he wanted to have NDMS on it which he cannot find one in 15". and the 16" rim doesn't go with it as the PCD doesn't match.

Quote:
Also guys wearing JK brute comment...my impressions of these tyres offroad isnt great. How did MRF wandrer perform?
JK brute performs very similar to HT but better then HT as it was 215 and not 235.
There were no MRF wanderer in this OTR.
Quote:
Iam trying to know the real world performance difference between HT and AT tyres.(Maxxis not included). My experience says not much of difference, but HT tyres give you decidedly more life than any AT tyre....comments guys!
Vinod, i have the same experience and feeling what you have. HT is more similar to AT in almost all the terrain except the slush. AT is slightly better than HT in slush. HT has more life than AT irrespective of the terrain.

Last edited by star_aqua : 10th June 2009 at 11:15.
Old 10th June 2009, 11:14   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,
Also guys wearing JK brute comment...my impressions of these tyres offroad isnt great. How did MRF wandrer perform? DId you see any difference between the HT tyres on Harg's safari performing inferior to A/T tyres on other vehicles? Also did safari do the water crossing without a tow??

We didn't see any offroader wearing MRF Wanderer. Talks suggest that they are not great on offroading.

I had HT/Bridgestone on my gypsy. It did perform well on highway as well as offroading. Even it pulled me out of slush in 2007 Coorg OTR without getting struck or winched out.

But ATs are definitely refinement to HT. On highway, very sturdy and helps tread at speed. On off roading, nothing to beat. PS: Now I have Yokohoma Geolander ATS on my gypsy. Performance has improved very much.
Old 10th June 2009, 11:19   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by star_aqua View Post
JK brute performs very similar to HT but better then HT as it was 215 and not 235.
There were no MRF wanderer in this OTR.
Oopss! I meant not better than HT.
Old 10th June 2009, 12:08   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We didn't see any offroader wearing MRF Wanderer. Talks suggest that they are not great on offroading
Chikkathore-OTR7thJune'09-img_3530.jpg
Sorry guys mistook wrangler as wandrer

Last edited by Jaggu : 10th June 2009 at 14:39. Reason: Oversize images are inconvnience for mobile users. thanks
Old 10th June 2009, 13:05   #52
Senior - BHPian

Overall a good mix of slush which catches one off guard!

What is RT/S ?

Last edited by headers : 10th June 2009 at 13:07.
Old 10th June 2009, 13:17   #53
BHPian

The weather was perfect this sunday for an OTR( atleast till late afternoon) and i was looking forward to this OTR coz its been a while since devarabetta.and the whole thing turned out well, akshay(pajero) and naaraa did have a good time.

@DWARAKA: thanks for organising yet another very good OTR. YOU ROCK!
@viji: sorry we didnt recognise you with your new hairdo,grow it back man, you look like a good boy now.
@SURESH : i think you like trouble ,
@HRISHI : i agree with redliner , you are a big showoff, dont worry we will let you show off the hydraulic bonnet on your "barge" next time.
@iceman: please keep flyin by more often.
@jaggu: thanks,good to see more mods on the OTRs. My friend's name is nitin. he surely is a true enthusiast, he is a quiet a regular at most OTRs
@shanawaz : you and spidey make it look all so easy, are you guys in a relationship? lol you guys look so comfortable with each other.
@swastikviji: next time we want you to do the water crossing with the new engine.

will upload pics from my camera later. sorry guys dint make it to country club , how was it there?

Last edited by siddartha : 10th June 2009 at 13:20.
Old 10th June 2009, 13:19   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
What is RT/S ?
I guess RT = Rough Terrain?? and S = Speed rating??
Old 10th June 2009, 13:29   #55
Senior - BHPian

S is definitely not speed rating. Speed rating of tyres is defined differently!
Old 10th June 2009, 14:12   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddartha View Post
@viji: sorry we didnt recognise you with your new hairdo,grow it back man, you look like a good boy now.
i have to wait for 6months to gain back the old look.

Quote:
@swastikviji: next time we want you to do the water crossing with the new engine.
haha.. i think he is now acquired 'hydrophobia' in him.

Quote:
sorry guys dint make it to country club , how was it there?
Ambience was too good! but lot lot of delay in serving and you know we all were starving.
Old 10th June 2009, 14:16   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Great captures Gypsyboy. You were cool on OTR.
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Hey Gypsy-boy your bro n law, do post more. If am not mistaken, your bro n law was the one with a great kit in hand and was also into nature shooting?
yup my bro n law has a great kit, unfortunately he has more shots of nature than us hehe
I'd rather post the link to his pics later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Overall a good mix of slush which catches one off guard!

What is RT/S ?
I have Wrangler RT/S - Even i want to know what RT/S stands for
Old 10th June 2009, 16:01   #58
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
HRag you bloody show off! I am so on for the next OTR...
Quote:
@HRISHI : i agree with redliner , you are a big showoff, dont worry we will let you show off the hydraulic bonnet on your "barge" next time.
I don't understand these off-roaders. First they say SUVs never come to OTRs. When SUVs come to OTRs, the owners are accused of showing off.

I think the lack of A/C causes this kind of thinking
Old 10th June 2009, 16:09   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
I don't understand these off-roaders. First they say SUVs never come to OTRs. When SUVs come to OTRs, the owners are accused of showing off.

Especially when the SUV handles what ever was thrown at it with very little trouble
Old 10th June 2009, 16:11   #60
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
This kind of thinking happens only when a Safari is seen participating in the OTR , People go green with envy and term the owner a show-off. A Safari is always a controversial SUV on this forum Firstly

Hrag- A great show from you and your Beast. Keep it going buddy.

Most Viewed