Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2009, 17:13   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinar View Post
The TL has LSD fitted , has AC and power steering fitted, there is only one model ,no options in this vehicle range.

As for mods assuming that it will be used in the desert for offraoding, get small air filters for all the breather vents on the vehicle.
I do not know how K&N works in sandy condition but, I have driven than engine with one and it helps the turbo spool. Big sand tryes are must as the tyres on the truck are good for road and partial off road.

Thanks Dinar.

Infect my that friend is not in to off road activities like us. He is going to use this TL at his farm house and on some place where no roads.

One of the dealer who has got one 2008 model Cruise Cab (4x4 , colour white) in his stock is offering a big discount which attracted my friend.

My friend wanted to change it's look by doing some mods and he wanted my help (as he is zero under the bonnet).

Last edited by DesertKing : 24th June 2009 at 17:17.
Old 24th June 2009, 18:02   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I have not seen so many Safaris together at the same place in india, not even in a dealer yard!
I swear!
Still, wonderful pictures, Ignazio.
The second picture (the mountains) is astonishing.
Old 24th June 2009, 23:51   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertKing View Post
Thanks Dinar.

Infect my that friend is not in to off road activities like us. He is going to use this TL at his farm house and on some place where no roads.

One of the dealer who has got one 2008 model Cruise Cab (4x4 , colour white) in his stock is offering a big discount which attracted my friend.

My friend wanted to change it's look by doing some mods and he wanted my help (as he is zero under the bonnet).
If he is just after looks, than get negative offset wheels and big tyres, Bull bars will be in the bargain [ from the dealer] if not try for that too.some big round fog lamps near the bumper and a mix of round and rectangular once on the top [roll over bar] and the thing looks awesome.
There was never a whit TL in Indian market only two colors where offered black and silver.White color is news to me, please confrim, there's a other model in white it the 207 DI EX range, with the bed similar to the TL [non corrugated ].
Old 18th July 2009, 04:45   #34
BHPian

Hi Ignazio, nice talking to you on phone a couple of days back. Infect my friend did not wanted to do any modification in the body of his new TL, he did not go for 31x10.5R15 but he went for 235/75R15. This is a white coloured TATA TL 4WD Crew Cab economy model (PS but not AC), engine 1950 CC, 92 BHP. I am spending my time a bit with the TL. I have only driven on roads and liked the balance (no body roll) and the small turbo. The given torque is 19 mKg @ 2000 3000 RPM but I feel it has less torque than my Jeep which has a 2500 CC non turbo engine that delivers 76 BHP and 15.5 KgM (is mKg and Kgm is same???). I felt it due to requirement of frequent change of gears. However overall it is a good vehicle (it is too huge too).

Hi others, to my wonder, the RTO has denied to register his truck for private number and they are forcing to take the yello plate (commercial). There must be some way to get the private number. Does anybody have any clue.

Last edited by DesertKing : 18th July 2009 at 04:59.
Old 23rd July 2009, 02:42   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertKing View Post
Hi Ignazio, nice talking to you on phone a couple of days back. Infect my friend did not wanted to do any modification in the body of his new TL, he did not go for 31x10.5R15 but he went for 235/75R15. This is a white coloured TATA TL 4WD Crew Cab economy model (PS but not AC), engine 1950 CC, 92 BHP. I am spending my time a bit with the TL. I have only driven on roads and liked the balance (no body roll) and the small turbo. The given torque is 19 mKg @ 2000 3000 RPM but I feel it has less torque than my Jeep which has a 2500 CC non turbo engine that delivers 76 BHP and 15.5 KgM (is mKg and Kgm is same???). I felt it due to requirement of frequent change of gears. However overall it is a good vehicle (it is too huge too).
Has been a great pleasure and honour!!!
Unfortunately the quality of the audio wasn't very good, but we managed to have a decent talk! I was in Rome for a business trip!!!
Well, give your friend a bit of time and as soon he will find funny get into the mud, he will ask you to get the 31" fitted!
Sure that the weight difference of the jeep probably gives you that feeling, the weight/torque ratio is maybe the same or even lower on the TL.
Is it your 4 doors or single cab?
KgM is the right...

Very best regards!

Ignazio

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd July 2009 at 13:51. Reason: 3 smileys
Old 23rd July 2009, 05:46   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignazio View Post
Has been a great pleasure and honour!!!
Unfortunately the quality of the audio wasn't very good, but we managed to have a decent talk! I was in Rome for a business trip!!!
Well, give your friend a bit of time and as soon he will find funny get into the mud, he will ask you to get the 31" fitted!
Sure that the weight difference of the jeep probably gives you that feeling, the weight/torque ratio is maybe the same or even lower on the TL.
Is it your 4 doors or single cab?
KgM is the right...

Very best regards!

Ignazio
This is a 4 door (double cab / crew cab).

Until now I have driven this new TL for aprox 50 Km on off road in desert paths on some small dunes and more than 600 Km on roads.

I have realized that it is very much powerful once the turbo kicks off. But until 2000 RPM, due to the the smaller engine, it has less torque than the my Jeep (sorry to compare but can not stop). It really has a planty of power on higher RPM, very good balance on road, good top speed (it goes above 100 KMPH so easily; top speed above 125 KMPH). Good for Desert and other sandy paths. Obvious that since the wheel base is too long and the GC is low, it is not too good for the rocky tarrain (until you do not put some serious efforts).

I have driven it at the speed of 60 KMPH on the path in desert and it has a great balance (I drive my Jeep also on the same speed but it is scary). At times we were 10 adult and 6 children (8-14 yrs) but I did not feel any lack of power.

Overall I like it and it a value to money.

PS :: I will wait until he gets fed up with the low GC. Meanwhile I really want to know the tips from you that how to increase the GC. Also right now there is NO BODYROLL. I want to know the effect of increasing the GC on bodyroll.

Last edited by DesertKing : 23rd July 2009 at 05:59.
Old 23rd July 2009, 07:20   #37
Senior - BHPian

Man. these are some very good pix. I sure wish tata would enter the luxury 4X4 world bigtime. The lower end is taken up wholetime by the super capable mahindra's. Tata, please take this market seriously.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks