Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2009, 11:37   #16
Senior - BHPian

Looks like there are more enthusiasts in Italy than India Great to see all the cars having fun
Old 20th June 2009, 11:56   #17
BHPian

Apun ka TATA in poren land! I am impressed! And you gowdre, looks like you have a safari hidden in your garage. When can we get a look of it used in the way it is supposed to be. THE BEAST in BEAST LAND. Am loving it!

Always wanted to own one of those beast!
Old 21st June 2009, 11:20   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantragna View Post
Apun ka TATA in poren land! I am impressed! And you gowdre, looks like you have a safari hidden in your garage. When can we get a look of it used in the way it is supposed to be. THE BEAST in BEAST LAND. Am loving it!

Always wanted to own one of those beast!
Tantragna, the T-BHP Safari thread has got plenty of my Safari (The King) pictures posted.
Old 21st June 2009, 15:24   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

@Ignazio, gooood to see the Safari's & the TL put through the paces & in such lovely surroundings.

Somebody pls get me one of those 4x4 TL's !!!
Old 21st June 2009, 16:43   #20
BHPian

Hi All!
I'm glad you enjoy the pics!
We really had a lot of fun.
We were not too many, like previous editions, unfortunately the crises hit everyone economy!
About 18 Tata, of wich 2 Telcoline and the rest Safaris, 3 or 4 2.2, a couple 3.0 and rest 2.0, plus a lots of other friends with LR Toyota, Mitsu and Nissan etc.
The following links are the complete gallery of few of the friends that post pictures.
Enjoy!!!
Tata Club Italia
Tata Club Italia
Tata Club Italia
Tata Club Italia
Tata Club Italia
Tata Club Italia
Tata Club Italia
Tata Club Italia

Ciao

Ignazio
Old 21st June 2009, 19:17   #21
Senior - BHPian

Hi Ignazio, great pics.

The two silver Safaris with the aftermarket wheels...what is the size of the wheels and does it have lift kit.
Old 22nd June 2009, 11:54   #22
Senior - BHPian

Dear Ignazio,
To be truthful iam a true Mahindra fan but i am slowly finding TATA Safari Very interesting. Nothing looks like a TATA Safari. A true blue SUV. Seeing them performing and not just posing increases its desireability!

I love the way TATA TL looks. Much better than the current Xenon. Xenon is too long and has very low approach angle. This sucks! Wish TATA TL had better engine:-)

Watch Xenon rubbing its chin

Safari Passes through the same trail in much better form, without touching any thing!

P.S- Well iam just waiting for TATA for Safari to be problem free to a large extent. Till then iam still with Scorpio.
Old 22nd June 2009, 13:03   #23
Senior - BHPian

Wow! Thanks, Ignazio.

This is the first time I have seen so many Tatas go off-road together. In fact, I could locate only one Land Rover in the entire bunch of pictures.

The TL would have made a very good off-roader with the 2.2 engine and a single cab. The base 207 was one of my favourites. Too bad, Tata got a lot wrong with the Indian TL version, especially the price.
Old 22nd June 2009, 17:42   #24
BHPian

Hi all!

@Mpower, those are 31"

@vinod_nookala, well in Italy M&M still far to rich properly the market, they are in late compared to TATA. I also love my TL more than Xenon, a bit shorter and better on offroad performance. Plus all my mods...

@discoverwild, here the TL is now fitted with 2.2, is about 2 years already.
To be perfectly onest I do not have that much lack of power, just a good exaust system and a good air filter as I have are enough to properly perform!
I thought that in India the TL was cheap, as is a working horse...

Ciao!

Ignazio
Old 22nd June 2009, 17:47   #25
Senior - BHPian

tata pickup is all over man, its awsome. good show guys.
Old 23rd June 2009, 18:02   #26
Senior - BHPian

Ignazio, Great show!

Hrishi, finally you got company.
Old 23rd June 2009, 21:01   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignazio View Post

@vinod_nookala, well in Italy M&M still far to rich properly the market, they are in late compared to TATA. I also love my TL more than Xenon, a bit shorter and better on offroad performance. Plus all my mods...
Pronto Ignazio,

I would like to know more about the details of the mods that you have done with your TL.

Infect one of my friend has got a good offer for a 4x4 TL Cab Cruise from a dealer who has a 2008 model in his stock. My friend is most likely to go ahead with the deal. He has told me to advice some goods modification and NOW you are the only one I know who can help me in this. Pls post some picture too of your TL cab.

PS :: Does TL has rear LSD fitted?? does it comes with AC and PS in it's base modes?? My limited knowledge says 'YES' to both of these questions but i really in need to reconfirm.

Ciao, Naren

Last edited by DesertKing : 23rd June 2009 at 21:16.
Old 23rd June 2009, 21:16   #28
Team-BHP Support

The blue safari with mud tires is awesome. As Vinod has said, these pictures have really increased the desirablity of Safari. Waiting for more pics from Ignazio.
Old 24th June 2009, 09:43   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertKing View Post
Pronto Ignazio,

I would like to know more about the details of the mods that you have done with your TL.

Infect one of my friend has got a good offer for a 4x4 TL Cab Cruise from a dealer who has a 2008 model in his stock. My friend is most likely to go ahead with the deal. He has told me to advice some goods modification and NOW you are the only one I know who can help me in this. Pls post some picture too of your TL cab.

PS :: Does TL has rear LSD fitted?? does it comes with AC and PS in it's base modes?? My limited knowledge says 'YES' to both of these questions but i really in need to reconfirm.

Ciao, Naren
The TL has LSD fitted , has AC and power steering fitted, there is only one model ,no options in this vehicle range.

As for mods assuming that it will be used in the desert for offraoding, get small air filters for all the breather vents on the vehicle.
I do not know how K&N works in sandy condition but, I have driven than engine with one and it helps the turbo spool. Big sand tryes are must as the tyres on the truck are good for road and partial off road.

Last edited by dinar : 24th June 2009 at 09:50.
Old 24th June 2009, 16:27   #30
Senior - BHPian

Ignazio and his 4x4 friends never stops to amaze us with their off roading in the land of pizza!

good to see you all enjoying the offroading in TATA vehicles, im sure TATA offers better product for export!!

great work by posting the photos of the event and im sure TATA India should be using this as an oppurtunity to sell more of 4x4s in india in form of Xenon and Safari!

TATA should bring in a limited version of TL 4x4 with less of rear overhang for indian market! that TL puts the Xenon to shame.

Last edited by Parm : 24th June 2009 at 16:28.

Most Viewed