Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2009, 19:55   #301
Senior - BHPian
 
jaysmokesleaves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mostly Mumbai
Posts: 1,697
Thanked: 1,396 Times
Default

Wow..!! Good stuff!
Another one missed!
Sen.., how did you manage to Bump your Bumper...??
jaysmokesleaves is offline  
Old 14th December 2009, 20:22   #302
BHPian
 
mohan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mumbai.
Posts: 298
Thanked: 371 Times
Default

@Rahul -First Gurkha lessons taken from you and improving upon steadily..the improvement means a better understanding of the vehicle and its capacities...
initially I used to be limited by my own capacities not the vehicle's.
@ Sen: You could email me the videos ,I have tools to compress the videos.
@Altohoncho: Though I am a Puneite,my another house being at Baner,I have never got my vehicle serviced at Kasarwadi,though I plan to get it one day at the company for some nagging problems.
mohan is offline  
Old 14th December 2009, 21:26   #303
BHPian
 
sen2009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 558
Thanked: 689 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
Wow..!! Good stuff!
Another one missed!
Sen.., how did you manage to Bump your Bumper...??
It was after completing one esepcially difficult stretch of slush followed by climb. While Allan and Mohan was busy assisting Tejas in clearing it, I decided to look ahead. I should have done so on foot, but I tried with the car. Bang, I fall into a deep rut and bang my nose in to its wall!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan View Post
@Rahul -First Gurkha lessons taken from you and improving upon steadily..the improvement means a better understanding of the vehicle and its capacities...
initially I used to be limited by my own capacities not the vehicle's.
@ Sen: You could email me the videos ,I have tools to compress the videos.
@Altohoncho: Though I am a Puneite,my another house being at Baner,I have never got my vehicle serviced at Kasarwadi,though I plan to get it one day at the company for some nagging problems.
The video files are too large to mail. If possible, could you please suggest some tools to do it, so that I can give it a try at my end.
sen2009 is offline  
Old 14th December 2009, 21:54   #304
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: new delhi
Posts: 185
Thanked: 47 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme power View Post
Well this is what the plan is:

meeting point is :
Indian Express
plot no el 208
ttc industrial estate
mahape, navi mumbai
Allan : 9833884020
Time: 7:15am sharp
sion circle: 6:30 am sharp

off road for two-three hours, then head for breakfast and back home
we will have to leave the track early since there will be a rush of devotees later to the temple that is en route the track

confirmed so far:
Allan - discovery
dr mohan- gurkha
tejas- classic
sen2009- safari
imran - gypsy
husain - kaiser
carcass?????
ibrahim lonavala - gypsy


please be on time

That's Allan's backyard.....great location...love the stream...wish I could be in Mumbai
zipperone is offline  
Old 14th December 2009, 23:03   #305
BHPian
 
mohan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mumbai.
Posts: 298
Thanked: 371 Times
Default @sen

I use a Mac and its easy for me to import any movie in iMovies and resize it.
The "windows" equivalent is the "windows moviemaker application" which you can download. Editing movie clips with this application is easy.
mohan is offline  
Old 15th December 2009, 10:52   #306
BHPian
 
rhandle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Ghaziabad
Posts: 549
Thanked: 115 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan View Post
I use a Mac and its easy for me to import any movie in iMovies and resize it.
The "windows" equivalent is the "windows moviemaker application" which you can download. Editing movie clips with this application is easy.
Ah! another similiarity between us besides the Gurkha! We love our machines
rhandle is offline  
Old 16th December 2009, 19:34   #307
Team-BHP Support
 
khan_sultan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,868
Thanked: 5,140 Times
Default

Hey nice OTR you folks had there with a small gang. There are many +ve's with off-roading with a small gang as you get to know each other quite well and spend time together.

@Tejas: Good to see your first off-roading pictures/experiences.

Maybe you should enlarge this picture and put it up in your clinic. Your patients would love it and have some new found respect for you :-)

khan_sultan is offline  
Old 17th December 2009, 10:43   #308
BHPian
 
mohan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mumbai.
Posts: 298
Thanked: 371 Times
Default @sen

Sen dada where are your videos?
mohan is offline  
Old 17th December 2009, 10:50   #309
BHPian
 
sen2009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 558
Thanked: 689 Times
Default

I will post bthe videos today evening. Got them working through Windows Movie Maker + Divx converter.
sen2009 is offline  
Old 17th December 2009, 11:19   #310
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Tejas@perioimpl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bombay
Posts: 4,209
Thanked: 6,968 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post

@Tejas: Good to see your first off-roading pictures/experiences.

Maybe you should enlarge this picture and put it up in your clinic. Your patients would love it and have some new found respect for you :-)


My patients will run away.
That snap was clicked by sen. Love it!

EDIT: allan, where are the pics from your camera? Are we on for this sunday as well?

Last edited by Tejas@perioimpl : 17th December 2009 at 11:23. Reason: see edit
Tejas@perioimpl is offline  
Old 17th December 2009, 21:50   #311
BHPian
 
sen2009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 558
Thanked: 689 Times
Default 13th Dec OTR Videos

Tata Safari crossing a Nullah carefully following allan's instructions



Tata Safari climbs a steep gradient




Mahindra Classic and Trax Gurkha crosses a Deep Rut



Safari follows the above two and crosses the same Rut


I also have a file showing the Mud - Incline drive of the Classic. But, I am not being to upload it to youtube - guess it's too large. I'll try to upload again and post the link as and when that gets accomplished.
sen2009 is offline  
Old 17th December 2009, 23:00   #312
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Tejas@perioimpl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bombay
Posts: 4,209
Thanked: 6,968 Times
Default

Nice videos sen. Keep em coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sen2009 View Post

I also have a file showing the Mud - Incline drive of the Classic.
Please upload it. I need to see the mistakes i made during that section.
Tejas@perioimpl is offline  
Old 17th December 2009, 23:29   #313
BHPian
 
mohan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mumbai.
Posts: 298
Thanked: 371 Times
Default @Sen

Thanks for taking all the trouble to post the videos.By the way what was the estimate for the repairs of that bumper?
mohan is offline  
Old 18th December 2009, 07:44   #314
BHPian
 
sen2009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 558
Thanked: 689 Times
Default

Mahindra Classic in soft mud - getting stuck and then getting out.

sen2009 is offline  
Old 18th December 2009, 11:44   #315
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,240
Thanked: 227 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sen2009 View Post
Mahindra Classic in soft mud - getting stuck and then getting out.
Sen, very treacherous slush coupled with climb. You folks did it.
dwaraka is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2020, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks