Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2009, 23:39   #1
Senior - BHPian

New SUV launch from Toyota in Dubai

This is for Dubai based BHPians who are keen offroaders.

Al Futtaim motors, agents for Toyota in UAE have once again contacted me for a customer drive session along with the new launch of Toyota Sequia and Prado 2010 models in the UAE.

As we had done it for FJ Cruiser and the new Landcruiser 200, once again a desert drive course will be designed and participants will be invited to test drive these vehicles off road.

An airconditioned tent is set up in the desert where the vehicle is displayed. We have catering from JW Mariott or similar in there. An airconditioned bathroom facility is also set up.

There are five to six test drive vehicles to run on a 10 km round desert course that is marked with tape and arrows.

If interested to help as a marshal or participate in the event, let me know, we will invite you to the event / include you in the team as per your interest.

Best regards

Shahid Ahmad
Old 29th June 2009, 23:56   #2
Senior - BHPian

hey where do i register?

Old 30th June 2009, 00:00   #3
Senior - BHPian

I will let you know. It will be at emarat4x4.com and at Al Futtaim's PR agency GMASCO. I will ask their events coordinator, Melanie Doel to e mail you the complete details.

Information will also be available through posters at 4x4 enthusiast frequented places like Ramy4x4 and Robbies Motorsports, Formula 1 cafe etc.

This time round a press release for Gulf News is also being designed by GMASCO.

You wish to marshal for the two days over the weekend or participate only ? We will need to know your off road driving experience if you wish to marshal. THe senior marshals from emarat4x4 will get in touch and invite you for a ride with them or in your vehicle along with their convoy.

Last edited by desertfox : 30th June 2009 at 00:02.
Old 30th June 2009, 00:07   #4
Senior - BHPian

thank you for the info Shahid.

the only offroading i have ever done was in 2004 fun drive organised by Gulf News!! so count me out as a marshal, cause i dont fit that catagory and i dont own a 4x4!

i will visit Robbies on tuesday and find out how to participate!
Old 30th June 2009, 00:36   #5
Senior - BHPian

Too early to visit Robbies yet. Wait for the dates. I will get you registered as a participant.

If you had gone to 2004 Fun Drive then I would have been the convoy leader driving Car no. 1, a white Landcruiser form Al Futtaim Motors, I was the Chief Marshal then, before I started my own event, The Great Escape.

But of course, I leave early at 7.30 AM and come back late with the sweep team for after reaching Ras Al Khaimah on this one I went straight back to the desert for rescues.

Last edited by desertfox : 30th June 2009 at 00:39.
Old 11th July 2009, 11:34   #6
Senior - BHPian

This is just out of curiosity. Is it that Toyota is going to launch the brand new Prado ? Or is the prado same old one that is sold in India with 4.0 petrol.
Can you shed some more light on the cars specially Prado.

PS : I am in India and I am posting this with no intention of coming to have a look in UAE.
Old 11th July 2009, 23:29   #7
Senior - BHPian

let me post some photos of the new prado LC.
Attached Thumbnails
New SUV launch from Toyota in Dubai-01_2010_toyota_prado_lc.jpg  

New SUV launch from Toyota in Dubai-04_2010_toyota_prado_lc.jpg  

New SUV launch from Toyota in Dubai-03_2010_toyota_prado_lc.jpg  

Last edited by Parm : 11th July 2009 at 23:30.
Old 12th July 2009, 03:18   #8
BHPian

Off Topic But after seeing the Pic of the Prado , I just want to comment on the Vehicle ,I am a Toyota Fanboy but this Prado just looks Plain Ugly and Ghastly.Tut Tut.
Old 14th July 2009, 14:35   #9
Senior - BHPian

The 2010 Prado is a new model not new generation launch with major interior and exterior modifications. Not a completely new vehicle.

It is still Landcruiser NG 120

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks