Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2009, 14:13   #16
Senior - BHPian

JAWADHU Event

Hi Siva,

The Terrain looks inviting, waiting for the Jawadhu Event.

Well Done.

Regards,

Arka
Old 1st July 2009, 14:36   #17
BHPian

Good fun guys!
Nice pictures!
Is the Gurkha snorkel been fabricated locally? Has also been fitted with vents for the 2 axles, gearbox and transfercase? That nice ford without protection to the vents will be destructive...

Ciao!

Ignazio
Old 1st July 2009, 14:39   #18
Senior - BHPian

as far as i know thats a new gurkha which comes with company fitted snorkel.
correct me if i am wrong.
Old 1st July 2009, 14:48   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignazio View Post
Good fun guys!
Nice pictures!
Is the Gurkha snorkel been fabricated locally? Has also been fitted with vents for the 2 axles, gearbox and transfercase? That nice ford without protection to the vents will be destructive...

Ciao!

Ignazio
The stainless steel snorkel is standard fitment came with the Gurkha from the company.

I'm not sure about other but I know the differential breather tubes are connected and vents are routed to the top of the vehicle to avoid water going in.
Old 1st July 2009, 20:12   #20
Senior - BHPian

Photos

I have tryed many times without success from this evening to upload 2nd batch of photos to TBHP.

Anyway just completed uploading the same to Picassa and here is the link which contains photos and videos from my camera

Picasa Web Albums - Trammway - Jawadhu
Old 1st July 2009, 20:48   #21
BHPian

Great pics trammway. You people had loads of fun.
What recce man?? You people had an OTR. Recce is 2-3 vehicles doing just a feeler, not full on OTR .

That gurkha owners knows his vehicle and has balls. Giving the beast all the punishment it deserves.
Any idea what tire he is running??

cheers
vishwas
Old 1st July 2009, 20:57   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Well for me, personally, it was great to meet Dr Jones after a long time and meet Anjan & Siva for the first time. Also after a long time we had several old timers there from Bangalore.

The trail, at least on day 1, was just a jungle trail of some 10-12 kms going up the hill. Nothing great. It seems that some old route which Siva had receed before hd been tarred and not of any use for us any more.

Also, the water crossing had no water and what you see the Gurkha doing was just 5-10 mts of slush/water. After driving for ~175 kms one way and doing just that comes as a sort of a disappontment -- to put it mildly.

There may be proper OTR trails in that area but I couldn't see any on day 1.

One more good part was some good lunch and rest we had at the GREAT & BRILLIANT arrangements that siva had made there. Hat's off for the stay arrangements Siva!! I really wish that the OTR experience/trail was as good as that.

Late in the day we all even stopped at some Kavalur Observatory (which as the biggest telescope in Asia) and from that also we could not see any OTR spots :-)

Then we drove back again for some ~175 kms.
Old 1st July 2009, 21:15   #23
Senior - BHPian

@khan_sultan, I must admit all the words what you said is correct. The day one was bit of disappointment for all of us. But my disappoint was not lasted long as the early next morning we started our trip towards Amithi forest where lots of trails were found.

I will be going there again in a week or two to mark a stream of trails to feed the Jeep shoes.

Infact even in the first day, If I correctly remember we all missed a chance to follow Dr.Jones Prowler, Suresh CJ340 and Gurkha went on a downhill near the herbal research arch, and as per the people went in, that trails was so thrilling. Ofcourse I was also one among you guys to miss that opportunity.

I would like to hear from Dr.Jones and Suresh to put their view on that trail they discovered. I may go back to that place again to see much distance we can go in it.
Old 1st July 2009, 22:24   #24
Sha
BHPian

@trammway- there is quarry(illegal) inside jungle and its offroading route.
offroading trail should be near to odguthur side. you can explore one more side its called naknarhiri near to ambur which has some good trail I guess.
Old 2nd July 2009, 23:41   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Late in the day we all even stopped at some Kavalur Observatory (which as the biggest telescope in Asia) and from that also we could not see any OTR spots :-)

Then we drove back again for some ~175 kms.
Khan Sir from that Observatory you can see all the big craters on moon,(on moon no forest officials no restrictions) please don't plan to modify your Spider to conquer the moon, Still we are struggling to catch you up in modifications !!! just joke sir. My Brother works there he is a senior scientist in Dept of Astrophysics, if you have any plan of visiting their Again please call me i make arrangements.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 3rd July 2009 at 09:50. Reason: quotes
Old 3rd July 2009, 09:40   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swastikviji View Post
My Brother works there he is a senior scientist in Dept of Astrophysics, if you have any plan of visiting their Again please call me i make arrangements.
Ah, I didn't know about it. I hope next time you can join with us so will get access to all the 6 or 7 telescope inside the facility.

Anyway we went to that observatory with a Manager in BDOffice to gain the entry in late evening. However due to clouds and drizzling the telescope was not opened as they got fear of water particles and fungus in the lens.

NO doubt khan's suspension over axle and maxxis are cool, but I always had doubts about emergency situations.
Old 3rd July 2009, 13:37   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trammway View Post
@khan_sultan, I must admit all the words what you said is correct. The day one was bit of disappointment for all of us. But my disappoint was not lasted long as the early next morning we started our trip towards Amithi forest where lots of trails were found.

I will be going there again in a week or two to mark a stream of trails to feed the Jeep shoes.

Infact even in the first day, If I correctly remember we all missed a chance to follow Dr.Jones Prowler, Suresh CJ340 and Gurkha went on a downhill near the herbal research arch, and as per the people went in, that trails was so thrilling. Ofcourse I was also one among you guys to miss that opportunity.

I would like to hear from Dr.Jones and Suresh to put their view on that trail they discovered. I may go back to that place again to see much distance we can go in it.
Dear Shiva,
First of all thanks to the effort put to arrange this trip. very well organised. This trail Iam sure will be challenging during proper rains. A small detour taken from the main road itself was quite demanding. My friend has taken the video, I will try to get it and post it. This area for sure has immense potential for a good off roading during rains. With a few more reccees you will get a feel of its potential. I strongly feel if an event has to be organised (mind you, it is a big effort) it has to be during proper rains.
Suresh
Old 5th July 2009, 19:04   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suresh Stephen View Post
Dear Shiva,
First of all thanks to the effort put to arrange this trip. very well organised. This trail Iam sure will be challenging during proper rains. A small detour taken from the main road itself was quite demanding. My friend has taken the video, I will try to get it and post it. This area for sure has immense potential for a good off roading during rains. With a few more reccees you will get a feel of its potential. I strongly feel if an event has to be organised (mind you, it is a big effort) it has to be during proper rains.
Suresh
Absolutely, I taking your words 100%, infact we went there thinking that the rain started in Jawadhu already. Unfortunately it wasn't true. As you rightly said, the recces will prove it soon.
Old 5th July 2009, 20:27   #29
BHPian

Hi Shiva Next OTR definitely i am not going to miss Reason behind it personally i want to meet you thats one reason and one more i want to take a photograph of my self with Doctor in his prowler. i missed opportunity in munnar.

Last edited by swastikviji : 5th July 2009 at 20:28.
Old 6th July 2009, 06:36   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swastikviji View Post
Hi Shiva Next OTR definitely i am not going to miss Reason behind it personally i want to meet you thats one reason and one more i want to take a photograph of my self with Doctor in his prowler. i missed opportunity in munnar.
I'm looking forward to meet you. Prowler is all of our favorite Jeep anytime. In fact during last Jawadhu prowler's left mudguard was damaged in the same detour Suresh had mentioned. But I saw the prowler yesterday in Adventure Zone and the same has been corrected with tinkering. Only painting is pending, I hope Dr.J get it done in a day or two.

My new petrol Jeep also getting ready in super swing speed and soon it will be launched for offroad adventures.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks