Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2009, 11:05   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittigadu View Post
Made new friends, Reconnected with old ones. Towed a few jeeps. Overall
It was a fun Sunday outing, Great weather and some good food.
Unfortunately couldn't take any pictures.
For the first time i showed my wife what offroading is all about. What makes a jeep special (That also includes Gipsys and other 4x4s). Now she is hooked on to these events. Also requested me to let her drive on the empty NICE road which i declined anyways. Once home, she started browsing thru the previous OTR events on the forum.
She said, "People are so friendly, never knew most of you are strangers to each other just before the event." She wanted to thank everyone on the set yesterday.

Thanks to the OTR, now my life is set.
Congrats Krishna!! You guys make a nice pair.

So you will be there on all the OTRs from now on.
Old 13th July 2009, 12:09   #32
BHPian

I had a great Sunday outing too! Thanks to everyone for helping me out when my jeep went dead. kittigadu, vinay thomas, star_aqua, shahnawaz. Thanks, guys!

However, I was expecting some briefing before we wend off road. Thing is, watching the whole recovery episode on Dwarak's and Ganesh's vehicles taught me a lot. One thing's for sure. I am never venturing off road alone!

There were four cameras clicking furiously away. Please post pics!!
Old 13th July 2009, 12:24   #33
BHPian

Enjoyed my 1st OTR

I had a wonderful experience yesterday, it being my first OTR and all!! Thanks to the "team" for that extra touch of "care" to make sure that I will come back after my Jeep got stuck for a while on the very first climb /!!

My thought is it is always better to get the tough part out of the way. Well, what do you expect, it was supposed to be a training session, so it was perfect that I was able to experience the winching and hi-lift jack techniques first hand. Now, I also have a better understanding of the type of equipment I need to be prepared with. I am sure there will be many more times.

Anyway, the second session was equally good with pointers and encouragement from Vijay, Vivek, Dwarak et. al. I think I got the hang of ascent and descent in 4X4, use of clutch (or the lack thereof), engine "walking", etc. But, I feel that there is so much more to learn, especially driving through mud, sand, water, blah, blah, blah..

It was great finally meeting a lot of people from Jeep Thrills & Team-BHP, and actually connect faces and names to the handles. I took a few pictures and will be uploading them as I find time. Also looking forward to pictures from others.
Old 13th July 2009, 14:10   #34
Senior - BHPian

Hi all ,

Here is the first cut of photos of sunday offroading.

Picasa Web Albums - Dwarakanath - TumkurRoad-OT...

Dwarak
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore: Tumkur Road, off-road training & meet: Sunday 12th July-image_032.jpg  

Bangalore: Tumkur Road, off-road training & meet: Sunday 12th July-image_050.jpg  

Bangalore: Tumkur Road, off-road training & meet: Sunday 12th July-image_057.jpg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 14th July 2009 at 13:24. Reason: Please also include some images on the TBHP server if you wish to link to an external album. Thanks.
Old 13th July 2009, 14:48   #35
BHPian

Way to gooooooooooooooooooooo

Hi Guys,

I had a blast too. The whole episod of the jeeps getting stuck and winching it out was the very first I had ever seen upfront.

Ganesh your jeeps a blast even though it got a bit of a trashing while it got stuck but it still is a good offroader and a good gun.

My clutch plates were smoked and need to change them. It was bad for quiet some time and I was waiting for them to get fried as it did that day. Now its all fried and its high time I get it changed before I get stuck.

Thanks for all your help everyone got to meet a lot of people with the craze for the same thing (OTR).

Though I was a bit sceptical about the whole scean but with the help from the seniors I managed to get it off.

As they say "There is always a first time for everything"

Now I am ready for moreeeeee.

Cheers
Aj
Old 13th July 2009, 14:58   #36
BHPian

Guys, this is not fair, we need a proper report. Mjothi, where art thou ???
Old 13th July 2009, 15:14   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabareesh View Post
Guys, this is not fair, we need a proper report. Mjothi, where art thou ???
Sabareesh, Mjothi wasn't there. Think Shahnawaz Khan can put his pen better this time.

Gbanavar/Ajay, Nice having you people along.
Old 13th July 2009, 16:28   #38
BHPian

More pics

Here are some pictures from my camera. Sorry they are somewhat "F-Head centric".
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore: Tumkur Road, off-road training & meet: Sunday 12th July-p1010715.jpg  

Bangalore: Tumkur Road, off-road training & meet: Sunday 12th July-p1010716.jpg  

Bangalore: Tumkur Road, off-road training & meet: Sunday 12th July-p1010718.jpg  

Bangalore: Tumkur Road, off-road training & meet: Sunday 12th July-p1010720.jpg  

Bangalore: Tumkur Road, off-road training & meet: Sunday 12th July-p1010741.jpg  

Bangalore: Tumkur Road, off-road training & meet: Sunday 12th July-p1010742.jpg  

Bangalore: Tumkur Road, off-road training & meet: Sunday 12th July-p1010747.jpg  

Bangalore: Tumkur Road, off-road training & meet: Sunday 12th July-p1010750.jpg  

Bangalore: Tumkur Road, off-road training & meet: Sunday 12th July-p1010756.jpg  

Bangalore: Tumkur Road, off-road training & meet: Sunday 12th July-p1010762.jpg  

Bangalore: Tumkur Road, off-road training & meet: Sunday 12th July-p1010774.jpg  

Bangalore: Tumkur Road, off-road training & meet: Sunday 12th July-p1010778.jpg  

Bangalore: Tumkur Road, off-road training & meet: Sunday 12th July-p1010779.jpg  

Old 13th July 2009, 17:15   #39
Senior - BHPian

Great pics. Need more...

Vijay (Star_Aqua), too bad I called you a bit too late (sunday morning 10AM..!!), I wish I had piggy'ed back on your Jeep... did you take some pics??
Old 13th July 2009, 19:10   #40
c10
BHPian

Great pictures.. wanted to make it.. but as it was sunday.. had to stay back...

Well, is this Vinod's Nissan Patrol that was at nandi hill climb-09.. Coz even that was a TN reg Nissan..

I also spotted a similar Nissan Patrol, again TN Reg. near mosque road sometime back...

Cheers..!!
Old 13th July 2009, 19:22   #41
Senior - BHPian

Great going guys, Post some more pictures.
Old 13th July 2009, 20:12   #42
BHPian

Photos from Me

Some of the photos taken by my brother

For more (and more) photos, please visit

Picasa Web Albums - Girish - My First OTR

Vijay
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore: Tumkur Road, off-road training & meet: Sunday 12th July-img_0389.jpg  

Bangalore: Tumkur Road, off-road training & meet: Sunday 12th July-img_0330.jpg  

Bangalore: Tumkur Road, off-road training & meet: Sunday 12th July-img_0448.jpg  

Bangalore: Tumkur Road, off-road training & meet: Sunday 12th July-img_0477.jpg  

Bangalore: Tumkur Road, off-road training & meet: Sunday 12th July-img_0510.jpg  

Bangalore: Tumkur Road, off-road training & meet: Sunday 12th July-img_0522.jpg  

Bangalore: Tumkur Road, off-road training & meet: Sunday 12th July-img_0570.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 13th July 2009, 22:50   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Great pics. Need more...

Vijay (Star_Aqua), too bad I called you a bit too late (sunday morning 10AM..!!), I wish I had piggy'ed back on your Jeep... did you take some pics??
Santosh, dont worry this is OTR season. Yes i managed to take few snaps but very less. Here goes..
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore: Tumkur Road, off-road training & meet: Sunday 12th July-dsc09387.jpg  

Bangalore: Tumkur Road, off-road training & meet: Sunday 12th July-dsc09388.jpg  

Bangalore: Tumkur Road, off-road training & meet: Sunday 12th July-dsc09389.jpg  

Bangalore: Tumkur Road, off-road training & meet: Sunday 12th July-dsc09392.jpg  

Bangalore: Tumkur Road, off-road training & meet: Sunday 12th July-dsc09399.jpg  

Bangalore: Tumkur Road, off-road training & meet: Sunday 12th July-dsc09403.jpg  

Bangalore: Tumkur Road, off-road training & meet: Sunday 12th July-dsc09405.jpg  

Bangalore: Tumkur Road, off-road training & meet: Sunday 12th July-dsc09406.jpg  

Bangalore: Tumkur Road, off-road training & meet: Sunday 12th July-dsc09407.jpg  

Bangalore: Tumkur Road, off-road training & meet: Sunday 12th July-dsc09410.jpg  

Bangalore: Tumkur Road, off-road training & meet: Sunday 12th July-dsc09412.jpg  

Bangalore: Tumkur Road, off-road training & meet: Sunday 12th July-dsc09413.jpg  

Bangalore: Tumkur Road, off-road training & meet: Sunday 12th July-dsc09423.jpg  

Old 14th July 2009, 14:12   #44
BHPian

That was a gr8 outing will post the pictures soon. 227 snaps need to do a sorting first

Thanks
--Sree--
Old 14th July 2009, 14:32   #45
BHPian

hmm ... lots of photographers this time.

well waiting for more pics.

Cheers
GB

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks