Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2009, 16:32   #1
BHPian

Mahindra Great Escape GOA 25/7/09

hi Guys just back from The Great Escape....I have around 261 pictures which i want all of you people to see....

Could some one tell me a simple way to upload pics here...i have no idea how to do it...
Old 25th July 2009, 16:34   #2
Team-BHP Support

Read this: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/annou...-team-bhp.html (Uploading photographs directly to Team-BHP)
Old 26th July 2009, 21:41   #3
BHPian

here let your eyes feast
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Great Escape GOA 25/7/09-m1.jpg  

Mahindra Great Escape GOA 25/7/09-m2.jpg  

Mahindra Great Escape GOA 25/7/09-m3.jpg  

Mahindra Great Escape GOA 25/7/09-m4.jpg  

Mahindra Great Escape GOA 25/7/09-m5.jpg  

Mahindra Great Escape GOA 25/7/09-m6.jpg  

Mahindra Great Escape GOA 25/7/09-m7.jpg  

Mahindra Great Escape GOA 25/7/09-m8.jpg  

Mahindra Great Escape GOA 25/7/09-m9.jpg  

Mahindra Great Escape GOA 25/7/09-m0.jpg  

Mahindra Great Escape GOA 25/7/09-m14.jpg  

Mahindra Great Escape GOA 25/7/09-m15.jpg  

Mahindra Great Escape GOA 25/7/09-m17.jpg  

Mahindra Great Escape GOA 25/7/09-manoj-011.jpg  

Mahindra Great Escape GOA 25/7/09-manoj-012.jpg  

Mahindra Great Escape GOA 25/7/09-manoj-13.jpg  

Old 26th July 2009, 21:51   #4
BHPian

some more.....Have more pics will upload as and when i get the time...hope you guys like them
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Great Escape GOA 25/7/09-m1.jpg  

Mahindra Great Escape GOA 25/7/09-m3.jpg  

Mahindra Great Escape GOA 25/7/09-m4.jpg  

Mahindra Great Escape GOA 25/7/09-m5.jpg  

Mahindra Great Escape GOA 25/7/09-manoj-2.jpg  

Old 26th July 2009, 23:37   #5

Hey the Last yellow jeep looks familiar is it the same SPOA one thats in the mines?
Old 27th July 2009, 03:05   #6
BHPian

Nice Pics, the track doesn`t look that difficult to me. Although i may be wrong.
Old 27th July 2009, 07:44   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbas View Post
Nice Pics, the track doesn`t look that difficult to me. Although i may be wrong.
Never underestimate slush, most tyres get defeated by slush.

So, it looks like the rains made the track quite interesting. Can we have some reports, how was the event? Was it 4x4 worthy?
Old 27th July 2009, 08:14   #8
BHPian

Mahindra Great escape as we all know is awaited eagerly by most Goans and many other enthusiasts to get down and get dirty.This year Mahindra made a major goof up,the very first day they recieved the required number of entries that they had planned and yet they kept distributing more forms with no mention of last day etc etc,this led to a major chaos at the dealerships when their forms were rejected and we too were rejected a entry,the dealership plainly refused to accept our forms,when we did speak to the event organising team,they blamed mahindra for giving out more forms,so we went home dejected.

On the Day the drive was to be held we reached the venue at 8.00 ans were again refused entry,we pushed and pulled every person we knew,and yippiee we were given a wild card entry...the official number of vechiles were 72 after the closing and here we were with the number 73.Happy to the core we had our breakfast collected our kits,stickered up and started the drive...

The drives was the other way around as compared to last year,in the sense we came in the opposite direction,overall i would say it all depends on how you drive,i mean no offence buta skilled driver with a 2x2 can perform better then a 4x4 if the driver of the 4x4 is dumb.We having covered the track in our bolero with left bald ttyre,2x2.We did see a couple of guys in their 4x4 getting stuck all due to wrong driving techniques.

The track started with a hill climb,which saw many having a tough time,then a down hill with loads of slush,a few crossing of streams,here due to a slip we hit our sump and cracked it,inspite of that we managed to climb up,reach a nearby truck mechanic who welded the sump,and we went back on the track,still watching jeeps unabale to climb up.

It was a good track but no rains made it little sad,rains on such events are really needed,but yes the track was made keeping in mind that mojority of people dont do offroading on regular basis.

I hope next year the track can be shifted to some other place as this year beibg the second time on the same its kind off becoming boring and predicatble,the fun in offroading is when u dont know whats coming up ahead...
Old 27th July 2009, 08:30   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
On the Day the drive was to be held we reached the venue at 8.00 ans were again refused entry,we pushed and pulled every person we knew,and yippiee we were given a wild card entry...
I am glad I didn't come all the way from Udupi to test my luck.

Quote:
i mean no offence buta skilled driver with a 2x2 can perform better then a 4x4 if the driver of the 4x4 is dumb.We having covered the track in our bolero with left bald ttyre,2x2.We did see a couple of guys in their 4x4 getting stuck all due to wrong driving techniques.
A 2x2 is essentially a motorcycle. I am sure you are referring to 2x4 Jeep or plain 2WD Jeep. Is your Jeep is 2WD or you just didn't bother engaging 4WD?

Quote:
It was a good track but no rains made it little sad,rains on such events are really needed,but yes the track was made keeping in mind that mojority of people dont do offroading on regular basis.

I hope next year the track can be shifted to some other place as this year beibg the second time on the same its kind off becoming boring and predicatble,the fun in offroading is when u dont know whats coming up ahead...
I don't think this will change. They will continue to make simple tracks, one can only hope rain gods will change the situation at the last moment.

Thanks for the report.
Old 27th July 2009, 08:44   #10
BHPian

samurai...

Well like i said if you pull the right strings,then thry definetly will get you inside..

Sorry my mistake our jeep was 2wd...

Yeah we were hoping that it would rain the previous night and start pouring heavy from early morning to make it a real toughie...but the rains played spoilsport..

Now the gang in movin to coorg,unfortunately i csnt come coz the 2wd is useless there,anybody going???i would like to join....
Old 27th July 2009, 11:03   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The drives was the other way around as compared to last year,in the sense we came in the opposite direction,overall i would say it all depends on how you drive,i mean no offence buta skilled driver with a 2x2 can perform better then a 4x4 if the driver of the 4x4 is dumb.We having covered the track in our bolero with left bald ttyre,2x2.We did see a couple of guys in their 4x4 getting stuck all due to wrong driving techniques.
Nice pictures. Would you mind elucidating on a dumb 4x4 driver or better still compare a skilled 2wd driver with a dumb 4x4 driver?

What were the wrong driving techniques witnessed by the 4WD that got stuck?

I am there for the Munnar MGE and would definitely like to meet you guys if you are there. How many jeeps participated in the event?
Old 27th July 2009, 11:50   #12
Senior - BHPian

i think Mahindra GE is more of a family weekend with some fun, it doesnt require a 4wd to complete the track, i am sure if you have good tyers you can finish it in 2wd.
@ scorpion , Was allan there? i couldnt see any pics of his jeep.
Old 27th July 2009, 12:47   #13
BHPian

yes allan was present....here....and some other jeeps.....
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Great Escape GOA 25/7/09-m11.jpg  

Mahindra Great Escape GOA 25/7/09-m12.jpg  

Mahindra Great Escape GOA 25/7/09-m14.jpg  

Mahindra Great Escape GOA 25/7/09-m15.jpg  

Mahindra Great Escape GOA 25/7/09-m17.jpg  

Mahindra Great Escape GOA 25/7/09-m18.jpg  

Old 27th July 2009, 13:07   #14
BANNED

I stopped going to MGE only because of this.

What beautiful countryside but no one seems to bother to recce a better route.

There are so many we used to visit before. Alone.

The Goans need to pull their socks and come up with much tougher trails before we become a laughing stock for the rest of India.

And I am not bothered about MGE.

What was Allan doing there anyways?
Old 27th July 2009, 13:09   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdev29 View Post
i think Mahindra GE is more of a family weekend with some fun, it doesnt require a 4wd to complete the track, i am sure if you have good tyers you can finish it in 2wd.
@ scorpion , Was allan there? i couldnt see any pics of his jeep.
Or why would they entertain 2WD. MGE is never serious off road.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks