Team-BHP - 4th Escape to the Nature Offroading at SOMWARPET (Coorg) ON 8th Aug2009.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Excursions (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-excursions/)
-   -   4th Escape to the Nature Offroading at SOMWARPET (Coorg) ON 8th Aug2009. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-excursions/63020-4th-escape-nature-offroading-somwarpet-coorg-8th-aug2009.html)

The Pioneers Tennis club of Somwarpet (Coorg) is organising their 4th Offroading meet in Somwarpet on the 8th August 2009.
It is a purely a 4X4 event with plenty of river crossings and the extended monsoon will be fun on the run.
The distance is approximately 35kms.
Flagoff time: 9.00 AM
Entries strictly for 4WD vehicles.
Somwarpet is 220kms from Bangalore and 110kms from Mysore.
Accomadation for outstation entries can be arranged on request.

For further information contact Mallikarjun D.V. on 98451 06001

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sathyagith (Post 1417892)
It is a purely a 4X4 event with plenty of river crossings

What will be the depth of the river approximately, do we require to have snorkel get fitted or doable in normal 4WD vehicle.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sha (Post 1418030)
What will be the depth of the river approximately, do we require to have snorkel get fitted or doable in normal 4WD vehicle.

Snoral not required as the depth upto 2 and 1/2 feet.
Doable with normal 4WD vehicles
The deeper river crossings have been taken off due to heavy rails.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sathyagith (Post 1418050)
Snoral not required as the depth upto 2 and 1/2 feet.
Doable with normal 4WD vehicles
The deeper river crossings have been taken off due to heavy rails.

Ok then it's good no wasting time in garage to fix snorkel. Me and another friend are participating.

Me too :) most probably!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by star_aqua (Post 1418071)
Me too :) most probably!!

Tractor needs slush I guess so get ready:).

This is the same day as the Coorg Mahindra Great Escape. Any reason why this was scheduled the same day? Some guys would have wanted to attend both if they were on different days.

Anyway, this weekend won't work for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 1418211)
This is the same day as the Coorg Mahindra Great Escape. Any reason why this was scheduled the same day? Some guys would have wanted to attend both if they were on different days.

Anyway, this weekend won't work for me.

Mahindra great escape allows even 2wd vehicles, due to which many offroaders don't feel like taking part.The Somwarpet guys know this very well & are organizing it on 8th.Moreover they donot want it to clash with the Sakleshpur event.They have got a very good response till date & will be an event to look forward to.

It also clashes with a Team-BHP moderator's wedding, therefore few of us will be missing it.:)

Hi,
Please contact Naveen on 09448106171 he is incharge of cordination and confirm ur entries.

And also note there is change in reporting time at 8.00 AM on 8th August 2009.

Contact person : Naveen on 09448106171

All the best guys, have a safe and thrilling event. Croog is always one of the best scenic places to watch, wish to join on an OTR there at least once.

Excellent terrain coupled with incessant rains,made this one great event.Enjoyed it throughly.However,we could complete only 60% of the trail as most vehicles had to be pushed,towed or winched at most places.
Expecting some sooper pics from Sha.:thumbs up

On saturday 08th of August 2009, a 540 leaves bangalore at 1 am and reaches somwarpet at 6:15am and furthur continue its journey to reach a dead end at around 3pm..

4th Escape to the Nature Offroading at SOMWARPET (Coorg)  ON 8th Aug2009.-dsc09493.jpg

4th Escape to the Nature Offroading at SOMWARPET (Coorg)  ON 8th Aug2009.-dsc09494.jpg

this is what waiting for us..

4th Escape to the Nature Offroading at SOMWARPET (Coorg)  ON 8th Aug2009.-dsc09486.jpg

4th Escape to the Nature Offroading at SOMWARPET (Coorg)  ON 8th Aug2009.-dsc09485.jpg

and whats next??? we have to cross it.. :)

Guys just one word AWESOME OTR.
what photo star aqua is posted was thrilling moment we had to cross the stream just before falls one miss gone down.
Photos will post from Tuesday.

Hooked to this thread!

WOW!