Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2009, 17:09   #46
Senior - BHPian

Great narration trammway and surely the event turned out to be eventful. Waiting to read till the end.
-regards,
Old 25th August 2009, 21:19   #47
BHPian

Tow Strap,

Hi Siva,
Why you fixed tow strap to Shackle? definitely tow strap is going to tear off especially in gypsy, what is your opinion.
Attached Thumbnails
Chennai Jeepers Independence day OTR @ Nagalapuram-towstrap.jpg  

Old 25th August 2009, 21:42   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
What's a petrol bump ? Is it the opposite of a speed bump ?
Opps, another symtom of English Flu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandisa View Post
Great narration trammway and surely the event turned out to be eventful. Waiting to read till the end.
-regards,
Sure, I will not disappoint you. Just held up with completing svsanthosh's Jeep. Tomorrow I will post the end of Nagalapuram trip summary ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swastikviji View Post
Hi Siva,
Why you fixed tow strap to Shackle? definitely tow strap is going to tear off especially in gypsy, what is your opinion.
This Gypsy was cut into the short chassis Gypsy, one of the unique Gypsies in India. Since the work was recently completed, the tow hook under the body was removed and we had no other place to tie the strap.

Sathish is already fixing the tow ring setup in the gypsy by now.
Old 26th August 2009, 06:27   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trammway View Post
This Gypsy was cut into the short chassis Gypsy, one of the unique Gypsies in India.
There is a copyright violation there, my friend. BTW, thats the 3rd Gypsy in Chennai with that mod. The first belongs to moi!

cheers
Old 26th August 2009, 13:48   #50
BHPian

Quote:
This Gypsy was cut into the short chassis Gypsy, one of the unique Gypsies in India. Since the work was recently completed,
Hi Shiva,

Short chassis means like what Khan_Sulthan has done on his Gypsy, cutting from the rear end? Can you elaborate it a little bit more!

thnaks/sali
Old 26th August 2009, 16:57   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Opps, symtom
A symtom within the symptom. LOL. No offence meant Siva.

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
The first belongs to moi!

cheers
moi ? The nitrous flu ?
Old 26th August 2009, 19:01   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is a copyright violation there, my friend. BTW, thats the 3rd Gypsy in Chennai with that mod. The first belongs to moi!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salikt View Post
Short chassis means like what Khan_Sulthan has done on his Gypsy, cutting from the rear end? Can you elaborate it a little bit more!
Sir, the first was done by me and KS has put it up comprehensively in his thread!

Quote:
moi ? The nitrous flu ?
Moi means Johnny boy to the world and "me" to you..OK
Old 26th August 2009, 23:16   #53
Senior - BHPian

Agreed that headers did the first overhang chop followed by K_S.
But, AFAIK about this yellow gypsy project is that its wheelbase has been shortened.
PS: Trammway, hope you don't go calling enthusiasts you know to enquire who 'nitrous' is.
Old 26th August 2009, 23:45   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Agreed that headers did the first overhang chop followed by K_S.
But, AFAIK about this yellow gypsy project is that its wheelbase has been shortened.
PS: Trammway, hope you don't go calling enthusiasts you know to enquire who 'nitrous' is.

Hmmm I don't

Ok, as Headers said here, that right Headers Gypsy is the first one to go cutting of overhang. But Sathish gypsy is the shortest one to the maximum, I only meant by the looks don't have data to elaborate. I was mentioned about this gypsy only to state that the tow ring was removed and it was not available when we wanted.

The larger tyres and short height also makes this Yellow a unique Gypsy.

Last edited by trammway : 26th August 2009 at 23:47.
Old 27th August 2009, 06:48   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hmmm I don't

Ok, as Headers said here, that right Headers Gypsy is the first one to go cutting of overhang. But Sathish gypsy is the shortest one to the maximum, I only meant by the looks don't have data to elaborate. I was mentioned about this gypsy only to state that the tow ring was removed and it was not available when we wanted.

The larger tyres and short height also makes this Yellow a unique Gypsy.

The yellow gypsy has been cut between the wheels - the prop shaft has been cut, balanced and welded together !

The rear overhang has also been cut. It runs a 1.0 litre engine and performs great offroad. Its a killer machine.

Work carried out at Hi-Rev in Koyambedu - Chennai. People interested can contact them!
Old 27th August 2009, 10:53   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Sir, the first was done by me and KS has put it up comprehensively in his thread!
Yes. I did this after headers and the details he shared helped a lot.

Quote:
The yellow gypsy has been cut between the wheels - the prop shaft has been cut, balanced and welded together !

The rear overhang has also been cut. It runs a 1.0 litre engine and performs great offroad. Its a killer machine.

Work carried out at Hi-Rev in Koyambedu - Chennai. People interested can contact them!
The Gypsy for sure has a shorter wheel base. So was the chassis CUT & Welded again along with the mid section body chop?

More details available somewhere? Very very interesting. I would like to see the underbody pics on how the chassis has been cut -- especially at the angular section (or has it been cut in the straight part)
Old 27th August 2009, 11:13   #57
Sha
BHPian

From the Pic the yellow Gypsy looks shorter compare to Khan's Gypsy or header' Gypsy, Siva if you have picture of under body post it.
Old 27th August 2009, 11:30   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I remember driving that one before the surgery. Isn't it the same one vikram ?
Old 27th August 2009, 13:39   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
The Gypsy for sure has a shorter wheel base. So was the chassis CUT & Welded again along with the mid section body chop?
More details available somewhere? Very very interesting. I would like to see the underbody pics on how the chassis has been cut -- especially at the angular section (or has it been cut in the straight part)
MOD KS: You sure do ask a lot of questions:. Maybe you should come this side of town to see the beauty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha View Post
From the Pic the yellow Gypsy looks shorter compare to Khan's Gypsy or header' Gypsy, Siva if you have picture of under body post it.
No underbody pics that I'm aware of, BUT siva is an expert!

Quote:
I remember driving that one before the surgery. Isn't it the same one vikram ?
We'll talk John!!
Old 28th August 2009, 09:36   #60
Senior - BHPian

As the couple cannot speak or hear, we decided to help them out. Since it was on a holiday and remote place, no signs of even the Maruti workshops that suppose to be available every other area.

We approached couple of truck mechanics too, but no luck. So Vivek decided to drive it all the way till we find a mechanic to fix the issue or a place we can get a clutch cable. Later in the day we realized we were dreaming of impossible opportunity.
Chennai Jeepers Independence day OTR @ Nagalapuram-5212_1123011400338_1378689408_30394090_1686352_n.jpg

I would like to say this entire team was so passionate about their vehicle and when they saw the couple who had issues, the entire trip turned out to be a charity one. All of our friends motivated to help the elderly couple, they found many way of speechless communication.

Chennai Jeepers Independence day OTR @ Nagalapuram-5212_1123011280335_1378689408_30394087_5879935_n.jpg

The man in the car brought some sweets and distributed to all of us and both the man and woman in the car continuously thanking us for helping them out. I could realize how would have been their day if they didn’t get any assistance at that particular location. The very next day also a Sunday, it would have been miserable for them. Though they cannot communicate with their mouth, but I constantly got the messages from them through their body language and eyes. I felt complete on that day.
Chennai Jeepers Independence day OTR @ Nagalapuram-5212_1123011320336_1378689408_30394088_4218703_n.jpg

We had a plan. As per our plan Vivek will drive the car and I will be following the Maruti. Other set of people to come as convoy with the French nationals. Since the car didn’t have clutch Vivek can drive until he stops the car moment, so whenever there is a signal or intersection or toll plaza we have to be extra cautious mode to run the car without stopping, in fact in couple of places I had to get down from the Jeep and push the car to roll on the road.
Chennai Jeepers Independence day OTR @ Nagalapuram-5212_1123011440339_1378689408_30394091_7449577_n.jpg
Chennai Jeepers Independence day OTR @ Nagalapuram-5212_1123011480340_1378689408_30394092_5968589_n.jpg
Late in the evening we finally reached the Singara Chennai, and dropped the couple near to their home and handed over the car. The tearing eyes of couple, 100+ kms of tarmac charity drive, wonderful sweet, perfect team work, fulfilling offroad exercise, Indian Independence day and good friends were all made the 15th August 2009 an unforgettable day. The Nagalapuram trip ended with full satisfaction to the man and machine, body and soul.

One Good Turn Deserves Another!

Hope to see all of you again with another trip summary.

--End--

Most Viewed