Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2009, 23:44   #1
BHPian

Aoa friends
We, the IJC, successfully completed the trip to Noori and back last weekend. It was all due to the efforts of all IJC members involved. I would like to specially thank her the Executive Commitee which was instrumental in pre-trip planning and decision making.
Also, all participants must be thanked and appreciated for the team spirit shown throughout the trip. It truelly was all for one and one for all.
Asad bhai, Shabab bhai, Jahangir, Hassan bhai and Shehzad bhai deserve special mention here. Lovely management by all.
Husnain bhai's presence was something that made the trip more important to us all. He kept his spirits even though he was not feeling well
Ali and Omer were a constant source of support throughout as well. Thank you both for joining up and for the wonderful hospitality at your place in Abbottabad. I was left with a very deep impression by your father.
Juma Khan was the man behind the food. And I tell you, I have never had better food in my life. Hats off. Siddique's helpful hand was also indispensable and must be appreciated.

Ishtiaq sahab's presence also brought a sense of support to the team. He was always there and always very upbeat. Sir. I admire you for your personality.

Asad bhai's planning, equipment and organization was superb. This trip would not have been a success if it was not for your efforts and ddication.

Shabab bhai. What can I say. Lovely, lively personality. Your presence and enthusiasm was outstanding sir. Apart from being a true offroader, you are a gentleman to the core. Thank you for everything.
Shehzad bhai. The commitment that you and Hasan bhai showed made us all proud and glad. It would not have been the same without you.
Hasan bhai. Sir. You were an inspiration. Your calm headedness and team participation was something that IJC can truely boast about.
Jahangir. Yar. What can I say. Each time I have an oppertunity to get to know you more, you surprise me with a new aspect of your personality. Sir. Amazing soul you are. I am proud to have you as a friend.
Nadeem bhai. You said you never went capming before!! It did not seem that way. Your sense of humor and lively presence was a headline for the trip.
Kashif. Thank you for all the help and dedication. No doubt about it that it would not have been the same without you.
Ahsan, Ahmed and Junaid have to get a special note of thanks for coping with my tantrums in the Jeep as well making the trip a lively one. Ahsan's help in GPS documentation, accounts and keeping me awake was extra-ordinary.
All of Ali's friends were also very helpful and participating.
Guys. We missed all that could not join up. It was a memorable trip indeed. Personally, I got to know everyone more than before and I loved that part the most.
Please give me a couple of days for my side of the pictures, detailed report etc.
Thank you again
All IJC Members
Attached Thumbnails
IJC celebrating 14 th Aug 09 at Noori Top-12.jpg  

IJC celebrating 14 th Aug 09 at Noori Top-13.jpg  

IJC celebrating 14 th Aug 09 at Noori Top-14.jpg  

IJC celebrating 14 th Aug 09 at Noori Top-15.jpg  

IJC celebrating 14 th Aug 09 at Noori Top-16.jpg  

Last edited by Samurai : 4th September 2009 at 22:22. Reason: bmp files removed
Old 22nd August 2009, 13:09   #2
BHPian

I went on this tour on my Willys truck really enjoyed . Ill post pics on this thread soon.
Old 27th August 2009, 13:21   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

WHOA! That seems like a lovely place to camp (and cold too?). Did you crash overnight at the same spot?

P.S. : Umm, your opening post only seems to thank / acknowledge people who are not members of this forum. How about a detailed writeup on the actual event?
Old 27th August 2009, 16:45   #4
Senior - BHPian

Amir Bhai,

Wow! mountains seem inviting.

First photograph: Did you try reach to the Ice point in vehicle. What is the altitude of this mount base.

More photos

Last edited by Rehaan : 27th August 2009 at 19:24. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the EDIT button to add to an existing post within 20 minutes instead of posting another consecutive post.
Old 27th August 2009, 22:35   #5
BHPian

More pictures of the event
Attached Thumbnails
IJC celebrating 14 th Aug 09 at Noori Top-16.jpg  

IJC celebrating 14 th Aug 09 at Noori Top-17.jpg  

IJC celebrating 14 th Aug 09 at Noori Top-19.jpg  

IJC celebrating 14 th Aug 09 at Noori Top-20.jpg  

IJC celebrating 14 th Aug 09 at Noori Top-21.jpg  

IJC celebrating 14 th Aug 09 at Noori Top-22.jpg  

IJC celebrating 14 th Aug 09 at Noori Top-23.jpg  

IJC celebrating 14 th Aug 09 at Noori Top-24.jpg  

IJC celebrating 14 th Aug 09 at Noori Top-25.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 27th August 2009, 22:40   #6
BHPian

Unfortunately i didnt went with my friends. But i thoroughly enjoyed the pictures.
The altitude was 13500 ft.
In total seven 4x4 vehicles participated in this tour.
On the very first night they camped at the far end side of Lake Saif Ul maluk.
next day they went upto noori top n stayed at the altitude of 13500 ft. It was really very cold, but they all enjoyed this tour.
Old 27th August 2009, 22:43   #7
BHPian

many more on the way
Attached Thumbnails
IJC celebrating 14 th Aug 09 at Noori Top-26.jpg  

IJC celebrating 14 th Aug 09 at Noori Top-27.jpg  

IJC celebrating 14 th Aug 09 at Noori Top-28.jpg  

IJC celebrating 14 th Aug 09 at Noori Top-29.jpg  

IJC celebrating 14 th Aug 09 at Noori Top-30.jpg  

IJC celebrating 14 th Aug 09 at Noori Top-31.jpg  

IJC celebrating 14 th Aug 09 at Noori Top-32.jpg  

IJC celebrating 14 th Aug 09 at Noori Top-33.jpg  

IJC celebrating 14 th Aug 09 at Noori Top-34.jpg  

IJC celebrating 14 th Aug 09 at Noori Top-35.jpg  

Old 30th August 2009, 15:20   #8
BHPian

Some trivia from me ( Nadeem Naeem )

Total trip duration 3 days (13th-15th August)

Oldest person on the trip – Me ( Nadeem Naeem ) (thanks every one for all the respect)

Total people on the trip - 19

Youngest person – someone please come forward, otherwise I will nominate Untame, as he was the most energetic especially with his Safari.

Total distance travelled from ISB to ISB - 710km

Any major incident during the trip – None Alhamdolillah

Total Hours of travelling-40 hours approx (does not apply to Pinky/maledude/Sansyed)

13th- Left ISB 7.30, reached Saiful-Maluk 22.30 (15hours

14th Left Saiful-Maluk 11.00, reached Noori Top 20.00 (9 hours)

15th Left Noori Top 10.30, Reached ISB (home) 02.30 (16 hours)

Above give a measly figure of 17.75 km / hour during travelling phase (includes all kinds of breaks, including food, breakdowns, cigarettes, call of natures etc)

Six diesel and 1 Petrol 4X4 on the trip

LC FZ100 fuel consumption of total trip 3.9km/litre

Most sickening ride / worst driving – LC 100 with me driving, (honestly ask both my navigators/ co-passenger, how many time they became sick/ vomited)

Toilet locator near camp sites! – Untamed Nissan Safari!!

Only one wanting to sleep alone in the camp with some fishy inflatable thing on both nights during the trip – Desert devil!!

Only vehicle whose bonnet did not need opening during whole trip – LC FZ100

(Sorry above is a lie, I did open it to help jump start someone, don’t want to mention which one, but what did they expect with their British vehicle!!!)

LC FZ100 went up to Lake Saiful-Maluk without the need for engaging 4X4 let alone 4L. Did it all in 2H, I am both amazed and proud about this capability).

Best Navigators I could have asked for during the trip – Fishak and Sansyed both (but I still made them sick!!)

Number of times the words Copy n Roger said on the walkie talkies during the trip – sorry lost count after 5 millionth time!!!

Food Cooked by Juma Khan – Zabardast +++

Phenomenal driving/ travelling stamina – Pinky (over 26 hours in almost one stretch) maledude and Sansyed weren’t driving during Noori Top journeys

Any major accident during trip – None (but untamed Safari did try to run over a poor Mehran!!)

Lucky escape of the trip – Ehsan Kiani’s Cherokee breaking 3 bolts on the front wheel, with remaining 3 nuts losing their thread partially, and still Allah saved every one from any accident. Sadqa must be given, Ehsan.)

Special breaks arranged at Abbotabad – Ehsan Kiani n Charged Brothers (thank you all very much)

Sleeping bags n tents arranged for me – Mir n Fishak (thank you both)

Cold weather preparation by me – excellent, until my Jacket n woolly hat were nicked n worn by my navigators!!

Marks for friendliness, cooperation, helpfulness, patience, lifetime memories during the trip – 12/10

Last edited by Samurai : 4th September 2009 at 22:24. Reason: font tag removed
Old 30th August 2009, 15:57   #9
BHPian

More pictures of the event
Attached Thumbnails
IJC celebrating 14 th Aug 09 at Noori Top-41.jpg  

IJC celebrating 14 th Aug 09 at Noori Top-42.jpg  

IJC celebrating 14 th Aug 09 at Noori Top-43.jpg  

IJC celebrating 14 th Aug 09 at Noori Top-44.jpg  

IJC celebrating 14 th Aug 09 at Noori Top-45.jpg  

IJC celebrating 14 th Aug 09 at Noori Top-46.jpg  

IJC celebrating 14 th Aug 09 at Noori Top-47.jpg  

IJC celebrating 14 th Aug 09 at Noori Top-48.jpg  

IJC celebrating 14 th Aug 09 at Noori Top-49.jpg  

IJC celebrating 14 th Aug 09 at Noori Top-50.jpg  

Old 1st September 2009, 19:02   #10
Senior - BHPian

Lovely terrain

Lovely terrain. You guys have some of the loveliest offroad machines.

Off topic- Which part of country is this? Northern pakistan? Dont get me wrong, but dont you guys face any problem with taliban while offroading? Iam sure you guys dont venture in areas of Taliban strong hold to learn few offroading lessons

Last edited by vinod_nookala : 1st September 2009 at 19:04.
Old 1st September 2009, 20:21   #11
BHPian

Only a small portion is disturbed. Rest of the area is CLEAR
Old 1st September 2009, 21:34   #12
Senior - BHPian

That is quite lovely stuff in there.

And If I recall, Islamabad is a couple of hundred km from the high mountains so its an easy weekend drive for the folks
Old 4th September 2009, 22:17   #13
BHPian

You are absolutely right
Its a week end Fun on mountains

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
That is quite lovely stuff in there.

And If I recall, Islamabad is a couple of hundred km from the high mountains so its an easy weekend drive for the folks
Old 5th September 2009, 14:48   #14
BHPian

Wow What a fantastic place you guys have gone too in the 4x4's. Awesome. Nature at its best. Love the Defender.

Most Viewed