Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2009, 17:09   #46
BHPian

looking at this picture i i really feel i missed somthing great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerajunnithan View Post
Ok guys, as Samurai said, i have no action shots this time, since i was driving. But this was special for me. First time i shot vehicles in RAW instead of shooting away JPEGs. Most of the time my friends will be shooting for me with my camera while i was behind the wheels. I do not know anything about automotive photography (i am a birder). This is the first time i wanted to shoot seriously. I just started processing the RAWs now. Just to begin with, my favorite shot of the trip. Guys, there is no road, the path you are seeing is freshly created by vehicles. i wanted to include the entire path which is going to left side of the frame and starting again from top to right. But i wanted to focus of the jeep standing on top, and the hight of the hill. The jeep standing on top is chandan's, the one which is trying to climb is Swasthinkviji's. Will post more when i ge time to process.

Enjoy.....
--Sree--

Attachment 187096
Old 8th September 2009, 17:19   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
I never even thought that these Lamda locking hubs are so stupid that nuts will fall off. I lost all 6 on one wheel and 3 on the other. I had to borrow from the 2 other Gypsy's out there -- 2 from each. A BIG THANK YOU to Shakir & Siddu. If nuts from these Gypsy's were not available then my whole OTR would have come to an end there itself
Khan,

bolts falling off from lamba locking hubs is not limited to you only. I have 8 bolts missing from last OTR. so is nanjappa's gypsy. He has found the reason for this loosening. bolt will have a conical shaped lock which gets expanded when tightened and locks the bolt. I need to buy them for my gypsy too.
Old 8th September 2009, 17:25   #48
BHPian

The place looks fantastic! The waterfalls looks brilliant!! Should have been a great drive.
Old 8th September 2009, 17:50   #49
BHPian

Waiting for more pics. Just hooked on to this thread .
Old 8th September 2009, 17:51   #50
Senior - BHPian

What superb pics and narration by all you guys. What scenery. It was worth getting all your joints aching to be in the midst of such spellbinding and picturesque surroundings, surrounded by your beloved steeds. What pristine waterfalls and that pic with all the jeeps on top of the green hill is worth framing.

India never stops to amaze me. Kudos to the guy who thought of this trail.
Old 8th September 2009, 20:07   #51
BHPian

Hi all sorry for delay in posting pictures, my net down, ok here goes some snaps from my camera.
Attached Thumbnails
The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-dsc00001.jpg  

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-dsc00006.jpg  

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-dsc00007.jpg  

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-dsc00019.jpg  

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-dsc00041.jpg  

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-dsc00058.jpg  

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-dsc00069.jpg  

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-dsc00086.jpg  

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-dsc00104.jpg  

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-dsc00117.jpg  

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-dsc00124.jpg  

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-dsc00129.jpg  

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-dsc00133.jpg  

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-dsc00134.jpg  

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-dsc00138.jpg  

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-dsc00142.jpg  

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-dsc00145.jpg  

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-dsc00158.jpg  

Old 8th September 2009, 20:26   #52
Senior - BHPian

ah, atlast. We are starting to get the pics flowing.

You know?
Khan was like in a Fashion show. With gum boots with yellow souls, rain cover in all blue, with an excellent umbrella in pink.
Old 8th September 2009, 20:28   #53
Team-BHP Support

I don't see Samurai's jeep in action. He was busy shooting or what?
Old 8th September 2009, 20:28   #54
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
ah, atlast. We are starting to get the pics flowing.
What a killer of a location

Congrats to the guys who dared to go that distance. and as usual mjothi at his best

The only thing that Spidey requires are High Security Number plates, that would complete the Photogenic Look.
Old 8th September 2009, 20:31   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
He was in his jeep. I think all the action of sunday is packed mostly in swastik viji's cam. He needs to speed up.

Btw, I think the last hill where his vehicle was towed, is not covered. Atleast, I did not since memory card was full.

And I did not see anyone with cam too. If anyone, please share it.
Old 8th September 2009, 20:49   #56
BHPian

Quote:
He Is Doing Both, because he loves both.
Attached Thumbnails
The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-dsc00177.jpg  

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-dsc00199.jpg  

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-dsc00205.jpg  

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-dsc00209.jpg  

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-dsc00226.jpg  

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-dsc00239.jpg  

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-dsc00242.jpg  

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-dsc00244.jpg  

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-dsc00246.jpg  

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-dsc00249.jpg  

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-dsc00272.jpg  

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-dsc00289.jpg  

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-dsc00304.jpg  

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-dsc00341.jpg  

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-dsc00349.jpg  

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-dsc00351.jpg  

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-dsc00364.jpg  

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-dsc00365.jpg  

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-dsc00381.jpg  

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-dsc00413.jpg  

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-dsc00454.jpg  

The Monsoon OTR - Hill climbings, stream crossing in rain with lots of pain...-dsc00468.jpg  

Last edited by swastikviji : 8th September 2009 at 21:05.
Old 8th September 2009, 20:50   #57
Sha
BHPian

WOW! already thread started, excellent write up by Mjothi .
Two days of hostile weather condition OTR and enjoying with offroaders what a time we had, every bit of pain is worth it.
Guys with bazuka lens common start posting photos.
Old 8th September 2009, 20:57   #58
Senior - BHPian

awesome pix.super awesome locale.Khan's SPOA gypsy looks fab in those drives.
Old 8th September 2009, 21:07   #59
Senior - BHPian

Excellent pictures and write up, though the pictures hardly require a write up. Seeing all of this maybe I need to start thinking of buying a Jeep/Gypsy now. But the million dollar question WHAT? Lolz.
Old 8th September 2009, 21:10   #60
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I was there only for the second day, first day I was on my own doing my solo trip through an unknown territory called Bisle ghat.

In this OTR I was driving most of the time, not much chance for action photography.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks