Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2009, 18:28   #121
Team-BHP Support

My old dSLR is not retired, it still does duty at office whenever some photo-op presents itself. Like this: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-v...0-xdb-how.html. This was shot using the same camera model (E-500) as Sreeraj's.
Old 10th September 2009, 07:49   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swastikviji View Post
Hi Samurai
NO No No i told you i cant Afford it please, ok when you are giving me your old .......
Saar, where is the video and pics of the last hill climb? Please.
Old 10th September 2009, 09:27   #123
BHPian

Guys.. can some one invite me for the next OTR? I do not have a 4X4, but if someone could accomodate me in their jeep, it would be great and I can start learning 4X4 handling
Old 10th September 2009, 09:59   #124
BHPian

FANTASTIC pic...! Would love to get there in a 4X4...!

Last edited by khan_sultan : 10th September 2009 at 10:28.
Old 10th September 2009, 10:23   #125
Team-BHP Support

Since I didn't want to start my exhaustive OTR report on the 9 page, I have put it up in a new thread here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-e...isle-ghat.html (Monsoon Offroading/Trail-driving in Sakleshpur and Bisle Ghat)

All pics are in high resolution, mostly 1920x1080 to fit my screen.
Old 10th September 2009, 11:33   #126
BHPian

wow amazing pic, cant help but curse myself for missing this beautiful OTr in such distinguished company
Old 10th September 2009, 12:59   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Saar, where is the video and pics of the last hill climb? Please.
Hi
I got the camera from Sidarth I will Do It By Evening Ok.
Old 10th September 2009, 14:36   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabnawaz_b View Post
Guys.. can some one invite me for the next OTR? I do not have a 4X4, but if someone could accomodate me in their jeep, it would be great and I can start learning 4X4 handling
Hey rabnawaz,

You are welcome to join us on next OTR with or without 4X4. Keep watching for next OTR posting.
Old 10th September 2009, 14:42   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerajunnithan View Post
Ok i think this is the last from me. A head turner :-)
Man Jeeps has its own beauty, be it stock or modified.
I was busy clicking away all but i forgot click mine.

Thanks
--Sree--

Attachment 187723

Awesome Jeep,..however for the kind of terrain you guys are hitting the tyres seem grossly inadequate,..any comments from the owner.
Old 10th September 2009, 14:53   #130
Sha
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque-ative View Post
Awesome Jeep,..however for the kind of terrain you guys are hitting the tyres seem grossly inadequate,..any comments from the owner.
My Geo's ATS performed excellent in that terrain, only last hill climb all tyres failed even M/T tyres required momentum to climb.
Old 10th September 2009, 14:56   #131
Team-BHP Support

My first OTR with the brand new Geo AT-S. Except the last hill, it didn't slip anywhere else while crawling up or descending. Can't remember getting this much traction with the Apollo Storm before.
Old 10th September 2009, 16:04   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha View Post
My Geo's ATS performed excellent in that terrain, only last hill climb all tyres failed even M/T tyres required momentum to climb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
My first OTR with the brand new Geo AT-S. Except the last hill, it didn't slip anywhere else while crawling up or descending. Can't remember getting this much traction with the Apollo Storm before.
The Yoko Geo's are a great set of A/T tyres. No doubt about that.

Samurai: At the place just after Siddu had got the jeep stuck, IIRC the tyres of your CJ were spinning. Was that because of tyres or you had the wrong speed/momentum at that part? Can't recollect because there was too much rain & leeches around that area to stand and observe.
Old 10th September 2009, 16:43   #133
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Samurai: At the place just after Siddu had got the jeep stuck, IIRC the tyres of your CJ were spinning. Was that because of tyres or you had the wrong speed/momentum at that part? Can't recollect because there was too much rain & leeches around that area to stand and observe.
Grrrr! That was the price I paid for following you. I saw your speed when you crossed it and chose 2nd low for that crossing. Big mistake, it had a section where one side there is no traction at all, this was in 1ft deep watery muck. So one side tyre went to free spinning. I had to move back and forth many times before I could garner enough momentum to overcome that. During the reverse journey I carefully picked 3rd low and crossed it wthout any drama.

If I am not mistaken, you are referring to the spot at 14th second of the above video by Prithvi in the earlier event at the same place. See how fast he went.

Since you have locker, you could crawl at low speed. We the open diff people need momentum here.
Old 10th September 2009, 17:43   #134
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Grrrr! That was the price I paid for following you. I saw your speed when you crossed it and chose 2nd low for that crossing. Big mistake, ....
I know, Have seen quite a few 4x4's getting stuck at various OTR's. At times, following the vehicle in front of you/doing what they did can get one stuck

Quote:
If I am not mistaken, you are referring to the spot at 14th second of the above video by Prithvi in the earlier event at the same place. See how fast he went.
can't see youtube at office. will look at home and comment.

Quote:
Since you have locker, you could crawl at low speed. We the open diff people need momentum here.
Yes, I was in 1st L and was able to do that in 1st L ONLY because of lockers. With open diff, you for sure need momentum.
Old 10th September 2009, 21:10   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque-ative View Post
Yes boss i agree, but M/T's are really good for the terrain only Lakshmi problem, i will see one fine day i ....

Last edited by swastikviji : 10th September 2009 at 21:17.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks